Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by nacho
if I haven't heard from them after 20 hours or so I would call them.
I called them that day. They told me the agent who answered my email is not in
Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by 31570324
I called them that day. They told me the agent who answered my email is not in
They told me something similar when I called too - as soon as they allocate you a reference number then you are stuck with a particular agent.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is new to me

Just filed a claim about 30 mins ago and I got this:

Thank you for contacting our office regarding the Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the xxxxxx. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.

While we are verifying your claim and in lieu with the current updates with our terms, may we have the name of your secondary guest? We look forward to your response.

Thank you in advance!
That's definitely new, anyone got the same message?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Had it a couple of times. If you put two adults, you will need to provide the name of the second guest.

In fact, in one email case, they wouldn't proceed with the claim until the name of the second guest was provided.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, *G
Originally Posted by Boddingtons
Had it a couple of times. If you put two adults, you will need to provide the name of the second guest.

In fact, in one email case, they wouldn't proceed with the claim until the name of the second guest was provided.
Yep, this has been the case recently... start booking for 1 person?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by gnof
Yep, this has been the case recently... start booking for 1 person?
And remember RA (I believe also AMB but its been a while..) has dbl occupancy for sgl price, so booking sgl should be fine.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelkid
And remember RA (I believe also AMB but its been a while..) has dbl occupancy for sgl price, so booking sgl should be fine.
That's only valid for ICs.

If you book 1 adult and 2 show up then you are in trouble:

The reservation is non-transferable and the name on the reservation must remain the same. Changes to the reservation such as number of adults, length of stay, dates of stay, type of room and such are not allowed and would mean the forfeiture of your free night. Valid government issued ID is required upon check-in.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:47 am
Suspended

Sure only ICs. I have in writing from several ICs that there is no need to amend a 1 person booking, when you arrive two. You get upgrade anyway, and if needed add 2nd person at check-in.

Wont be a problem, as long as you are there. This is to prevent fraud where you are not there.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:53 am

i have a BRG that i can no longer use. should i cancel it? i thought i read if i cancel they can charge me? better to no show??
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: delta skymiles
Helping someone doing this, is it possible for that person to use a credit card that does not have her name on and yet I am not sure if this person is an authorized user of the card.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by rgm18
i have a BRG that i can no longer use. should i cancel it? i thought i read if i cancel they can charge me? better to no show??
they would still have the right to charge you if it is a no show
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rgm18
Also depends what rate you booked. BF is good. AP should be good, but easiest way to cancel and be sure is call the hotel. They will likely be happy.

Originally Posted by xihuang91
Helping someone doing this, is it possible for that person to use a credit card that does not have her name on and yet I am not sure if this person is an authorized user of the card.
Recently done that successfully. However have not stayed yet. IIRC the page doesnt ask for cardholders name.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:30 pm

But all right if the applicant checks in and give the room number right away to other ppl so they can come in without check in, am I correct or is it a legit way of working around the written policy?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by xihuang91
But all right if the applicant checks in and give the room number right away to other ppl so they can come in without check in, am I correct or is it a legit way of working around the written policy?
Legit? No. Working (for the most)? Yes.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 1:40 pm

They are trying to cheat me. I've got the screenshot that i asked them about. i saw there, that they used the wrong search term on the site. after i told them, they send me a different screenshot. should i really believe they made different screenshots for different search terms withing 24 hours after my claim? why they didn't send the correct one first? i'm pretty sure they just made it just now and of course the rate isnt available anymore.
even they have to give me an answer withing the 24 hours, so i could explain them how to find the rate if they couldn't.
then i asked them to cancel the booking without penalties. after that i got an email that my reservation was changed (but actually everything was the same like i booked it). some minutes later they wrote me they have read only access and if i want to cancel i have to deal with the hotel by myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.