Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introduction of PriorityClubRewards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 5:44 pm

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
Indeed, a warm welcome to you.
I would like to see RA benefits standardized at IC's that have a Club. I think all RA's should be offered club access. I'm sure I can think of other "suggestions." Truly, glad to have you here!
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
Dear fellow Flyertalkers,

after the introduction of IHG Care we are delighted to introduce PriorityClubRewards representing the Priority Cub Rewards and the Ambassador Program of InterContinental Hotels and Resorts.

Yep, you got that right, we not only get one, we get two representatives ….

PriorityClubRewards is based in the Atlanta office of IHG and the focus is about the Priority Club Program and the Ambassador Program and all questions related to these programs. PriorityClubRewards is eager to hear about our experience with the program and likes to know what we think about the program and if there is anything, which could be improved.

Since there are two representatives of IHG at the board, we think a word about the responsibilities might be helpful, so you know who to contact.
IHG Care is the right person, if there are issues related to the hotel and to guest rela-tions, i.e. if you are not satisfied with a hotel. PriorityClubRewards has its focus on all thing related to the loyalty program (i.e. Priority Club Rewards but also the Ambassador / Royal Ambassador Program), so if points are not posting, the promotion page is not working, PriorityClubRewards is the right person.

I welcome PriorityClubRewards on board of Flyertalk.

Again, Welcome and thanks for joining us here on FlyerTalk.com!

FLYGVA & SZG
IHG Forum Moderators
Old Aug 2, 2011, 2:13 am

Firstly, welcome and thanks for joining the board.

In reference to what some of the posters say, I disagree that it is too easy to become platinum. A colleage of mine who must have stayed 30 odd nights since December has just made gold with no real chance to make platinum soon.

Also everytIme that I see the guest list there are only a handful of platinums. In fact on most occasions I am the only one. I am not sure what percentage are platinum but I dont think it can be that high.

Two suggestions that I would like to Add that I firmly belive IHG should introduce breakfast and Internet as a privilidge for platinum members.

The costs would be minimal and I know that on several occasions recently would have made me stay at IHG instead of Hiltons. Being int the UK I believe thAt holiday inns/crown plazas are better than many Hiltons.

I would also like to add that I believe Priority club is the best hotel scheme out there and thanks for your hard work.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
I agree with everyone here - it is excellent to have official representation on FT.

I believe most people here use PC properties because of the wide range of hotels and great point-earning opportunities (even if on an increasing basis I'm having to make claims to get points posted to my account).

However, the in-hotel rewards (room upgrades, internet access, club access, etc) just don't compare with other chains and I'm certainly using non-IHG properties on a more regular basis because of this. For example:

Crowne Plaza Gatwick; standard room £100. Upgrade to best available standard room; internet chargeable; breakfast chargeable (Club room including internet £145)
Hilton Gatwick; standard room £130 (a premium as it is attached to the terminal) - upgrade to executive room; access to good lounge; code for internet provided.

Some smaller chains (e.g. Fairmont, Omni, Preferred) don't even need elite status to get free internet. I realise internet is provided free at most US locations, but it can be very expensive outside of the USA.

The only other request I have is to understand the RA qualification criteria. I was RA for two years and found the service at most IC properties to be superb during this period. I would certainly strive towards requalification if only I knew what was required (the thread on the subject seems to provide conflicting information).
Old Aug 2, 2011, 3:02 pm

First of all, welcome aboard and thanks very much for joining our happy little clan.

Secondly, yes, definitely please improve the Platinum benefits but make it harder to attain. Perhaps making it x number of nights stay? The airline model where you can only points where the ticket is booked into a particular booking class is probably not the best way to go... Mainly because I suspect many of your most frequent residents are on a corporate deals so they don't have a chance to influence the cost.

Improving the benefits though - eg a GUARANTEED upgrade or GUARANTEED availability - are most certainly the way forward.

H-Inn have done a great job with the re-brand but to build on that you need to find out (a) what "type" of customer stays with you most frequently (is it corporate or family); and (b) if it is corporate, then recognise that most of us appreciate a bonus - such as an upgrade or a free glass or wine - to a value that is disproportionate to its value. Such is the way our behaviour changes after so many nights away from our families.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 4:26 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Nice to see you here and welcome

I have to agree with the previous statements re plat benifits. Free wifi would certianly help to keep my business away from the competition, breakfast would also be a nice addition and compete more effectivelty with HHonors.

A biggie for me would be a clearer policy on upgrades. In the UK many HI's appear to be very reluctant to upgrade (have actually been told we should not get something we have not paid for by one hotel).
Old Aug 3, 2011, 1:55 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by catharsis
Examination of the thread here will show a great amount of frustration with the opacity and apparent inconsistency of this process amongst RA's - presumably amongst your companies most important individual clients. Making this more transparent - in particular allowing those who already have this status to know exactly what they have to do to keep it would IMO be a very sensible idea.
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Not sure why your reasoning brings you to the conclusion that transparency would be sensible for those wishing to retain status and not for those hoping to achieve status. Of course self interest may well be warping your logic ...

In an equally selfish way I'm perfectly happy with the status quo: I rather like the idea of an "invited" membership rather than a membership of gamers and optimisers.

Of course, I may feel differently when my travel patterns change!
As you will see from the context of my quote above, I was referring to the thread on re-qualification which is several hundred posts deep. I have not (to my recollection) posted to that thread. you are free to make any assumptions you wish about my motivation, but they remain assumptions.

Originally Posted by Wan1dap
Completely agree. It's good to have a little mystique about RA status.
I find it interesting that on this thread there are already disagreements about whether RA qualification should be transparent (and on the appropriate difficulty of reaching Platinum status).

I would have wrongly assumed that there was a near-concensus on these issues as represented by the appropriate threads within the forum.

I guess within the appropriate threads is probably the place to keep discussions in order to ensure they remain on topic - possibly with a link to the appropriate thread.

This might ensure that personal comments and self-aggrandisement are kept to a minimum.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:42 am

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
here is one for the loyalty program guy

Is PC still participating in the My Coke Rewards Program?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 6:27 am
Company Representative - Priority Club Rewards by InterContinental Hotel Group

Programs: Priority Club Rewards & InterContinental Ambassador
Yes we are!

You can redeem My Coke Rewards points for Priority Club Points by starting here:
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/....html?wvr=true

It's listed under the "redemption partners".

Carolyn

Originally Posted by JoeBagodonuts
here is one for the loyalty program guy

Is PC still participating in the My Coke Rewards Program?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by PriorityClubRewards
Yes we are!
... but sadly not in the UK.

ICH have done well in bringing about an international program bringing benefits to members in different territories, unlike some programs I could mention. The UK equivalent is cokezone.co.uk, and it would be useful to transfer from there to PCR.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Roger
... but sadly not in the UK.

ICH have done well in bringing about an international program bringing benefits to members in different territories, unlike some programs I could mention. The UK equivalent is cokezone.co.uk, and it would be useful to transfer from there to PCR.
I would agree on this one. Having cokezone transfer to Priority Club would be great and would certainly be good and keep me interested in Holiday Inn.

Any chance?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:36 pm

I tried following the link to see what type of conversion rate would apply but the link on the PC webpage redirects you to the Coke Rewards page. Can't find anything about PC reward redemption on the Coke Rewards page.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:12 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Oh I am soooo looking forward to PCR telling us that they have fixed up some of the bugs in their website (including the ones already mentioned about My Offer expireds). I'm getting the warm fuzzies already...
Old Aug 5, 2011, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
welcome to ft priorityclubrewards....glad to have you onboard....
Old Aug 6, 2011, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Welcome! You presence made me come more often.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 7:13 am

Welcome

I would also agree that plat is just way to easy to obtain.

Example, I work almost completely domestically in Canada.

To get up to my Airlines Super Elite status, it took me 7 Months and a lot of detouring and work to get it.

I got Plat within 2 months without even trying. Plat should be given to the most loyal of customers. It should be at least 2 to 3x harder to get then what it currently is. Because it is so easy I feel that the benefits are diluted, and that a stiffer re-qualification would allow ICHG to extend more benefits to plats, in NA and beyond!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.