FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Introduction of PriorityClubRewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1241759-introduction-priorityclubrewards.html)

FLYGVA Jul 28, 2011 8:52 am

Introduction of PriorityClubRewards

Dear fellow Flyertalkers,

after the introduction of IHG Care we are delighted to introduce PriorityClubRewards representing the Priority Cub Rewards and the Ambassador Program of InterContinental Hotels and Resorts.

Yep, you got that right, we not only get one, we get two representatives ….

PriorityClubRewards is based in the Atlanta office of IHG and the focus is about the Priority Club Program and the Ambassador Program and all questions related to these programs. PriorityClubRewards is eager to hear about our experience with the program and likes to know what we think about the program and if there is anything, which could be improved.

Since there are two representatives of IHG at the board, we think a word about the responsibilities might be helpful, so you know who to contact.
IHG Care is the right person, if there are issues related to the hotel and to guest rela-tions, i.e. if you are not satisfied with a hotel. PriorityClubRewards has its focus on all thing related to the loyalty program (i.e. Priority Club Rewards but also the Ambassador / Royal Ambassador Program), so if points are not posting, the promotion page is not working, PriorityClubRewards is the right person.

I welcome PriorityClubRewards on board of Flyertalk.

Again, Welcome and thanks for joining us here on FlyerTalk.com!

FLYGVA & SZG
IHG Forum Moderators

CanuckinKL Jul 28, 2011 11:08 am

Welcome aboard

to PCRewards. We don't need to tell them about the need to clean up the PCR website My Offers status and figure out a way to get rid of the old, expired offers, do we?

catharsis Jul 28, 2011 4:46 pm

I find it hard to believe I'm the first one mentioning it but.....

Welcom PCRewards and IHGCare, If you can provide nearly the quality of service and responsivenession this forum that marriott concierge and Starwood Lurker(s) provide in theirs you will be bringing great benefit to both the members of this community and IHG hotels. I have great hopes.

Now to the first complaint/comment

Please speak to someone regarding making the RA re-qualification criteria more transparent. Examination of the thread here will show a great amount of frustration with the opacity and apparent inconsistency of this process amongst RA's - presumably amongst your companies most important individual clients. Making this more transparent - in particular allowing those who already have this status to know exactly what they have to do to keep it would IMO be a very sensible idea.

Best of luck - I hope you are ready for a bulging mailbox. :D

midnight Jul 28, 2011 7:29 pm

A warm welcome to PriorityClubRewards, I hope you know what you are getting yourselves into :).

I love the PC program, my only grumble is the Platinum level is too easy to obtain so benefits are watered down compared to competitor programs.

Please consisder a new tier for 2012.

Thank you and welcome again.

mnredfox Jul 29, 2011 2:07 am

Welcome welcome welcome! Thanks also to FLYGVA to making this possible, and of course to the IHG reps. ^

tangey Jul 29, 2011 4:26 am

Welcome to you to the board.

When you get time, can you look at the ambassador "offers" page, which currently is showing expired offers, including complimentary breakfast as some properties, and offer that shows an expiry of April 2011.

britbronco22 Jul 29, 2011 6:52 am

Welcome to FT. How about another 'Hotels Anywhere' photo challenge like last year? :D
That really got me into the ICHG chain and gave me the desire to travel to many of their hotels!
Definitely much better than that rubbish 'Win in it in a minute' trivia!

IHGRewardsClub Jul 29, 2011 8:38 am

Thank you FLYGVA and to the rest of the members for the warm welcome. IHGCare and I are looking forward to interacting with you and participating in conversations here in FT!

sweets61250 Jul 29, 2011 11:44 pm

Welcome welcome ^

happy2011 Jul 29, 2011 11:50 pm

PriorityClubRewards

So you mean I can give suggestion here in this forum? I just want to mention that Hilton Hotel Group is now offering free Internet in every Hilton hotel to all of its Gold and Diamond members. I think you should try to match that too. If not just club member, perhaps at least gold and platinum member and ambassador member. or perhaps at least platinum member and ambassador member.

Originally Posted by FLYGVA (Post 16814152)
Dear fellow Flyertalkers,

after the introduction of IHG Care we are delighted to introduce PriorityClubRewards representing the Priority Cub Rewards and the Ambassador Program of InterContinental Hotels and Resorts.

Yep, you got that right, we not only get one, we get two representatives ….

PriorityClubRewards is based in the Atlanta office of IHG and the focus is about the Priority Club Program and the Ambassador Program and all questions related to these programs. PriorityClubRewards is eager to hear about our experience with the program and likes to know what we think about the program and if there is anything, which could be improved.

Since there are two representatives of IHG at the board, we think a word about the responsibilities might be helpful, so you know who to contact.
IHG Care is the right person, if there are issues related to the hotel and to guest rela-tions, i.e. if you are not satisfied with a hotel. PriorityClubRewards has its focus on all thing related to the loyalty program (i.e. Priority Club Rewards but also the Ambassador / Royal Ambassador Program), so if points are not posting, the promotion page is not working, PriorityClubRewards is the right person.

I welcome PriorityClubRewards on board of Flyertalk.

Again, Welcome and thanks for joining us here on FlyerTalk.com!

FLYGVA & SZG
IHG Forum Moderators

uk1 Jul 30, 2011 3:17 am

Welcome!

IAN-UK Jul 31, 2011 1:06 am

Originally Posted by catharsis (Post 16817548)
Please speak to someone regarding making the RA re-qualification criteria more transparent. Examination of the thread ...will show a great amount of frustration with the opacity and apparent inconsistency of this process amongst RA's - presumably amongst your companies most important individual clients. Making this more transparent - in particular allowing those who already have this status to know exactly what they have to do to keep it would IMO be a very sensible idea.

Not sure why your reasoning brings you to the conclusion that transparency would be sensible for those wishing to retain status and not for those hoping to achieve status. Of course self interest may well be warping your logic ... ;)

In an equally selfish way I'm perfectly happy with the status quo: I rather like the idea of an "invited" membership rather than a membership of gamers and optimisers.

Of course, I may feel differently when my travel patterns change!

Wan1dap Jul 31, 2011 2:43 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 16830356)
In an equally selfish way I'm perfectly happy with the status quo: I rather like the idea of an "invited" membership rather than a membership of gamers and optimisers.

Of course, I may feel differently when my travel patterns change!

Completely agree. It's good to have a little mystique about RA status.

demue Aug 1, 2011 5:24 am

Welcome. A great addition. I hope you have your pencils sharpened as you will have lots of items coming your way.

One key one for me (if I had to pick) is that "tangible' Platinum benefits are close to non-existing. Everything is based on 'maybe's', 'if's' and 'possibly in case of' which is slightly sad. I agree with a previous psoter that Internet access is a key topic for elites and has been dealt with at every other major chain from Hilton HHonors to Starwood Prefered Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport and Marriott. Not at PC though if we leave out the Royal Ambassador part which only applies ot IC hotels, but not the rest of the ICHG portfolio.

mosschops Aug 1, 2011 1:45 pm

Platinum too easy....

To reiterate a couple of posts, I think the platinum level is both too easy to attain, and is not worth enough. Through the current double points promotion, I have managed to hit platinum within 20 nights, rather than the 50 nights which it might have taken.

And I do feel that the best thing about platinum is the increased point earnings; where in fact something that was worth something but cost IHG very little, such as free internet access, should be in place.

Therefore I think raising the bar, and making it worth attaining, would definately add value to the platinum status.