"New" RA qualifiying limits as of June 1st, 2009

Old Jun 6, 2009, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR PLATINUM HYATT DIAMOND SPG PLAT

HI,i try to email to [email protected] get RA,althouhgt most of reply is NO,but i receive a email from them,as below:

Dear XXX,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the InterContinental Ambassador Service Center.

We highly appreciate your undaunted loyalty to our hotels and to the Ambassador program, Mr. gangring. Our valued members like you enable us to consistently provide quality service and develop our programs to suit your needs.

We wish to inform you that the Royal Ambassador status is extended by invitation only to the top one percent tier of InterContinental Ambassador guests, based on the number of InterContinental properties they have visited and qualifying nights they have completed during the past year.

There are no specific number of nights that determine how a member may reach or maintain Royal Ambassador status, as it depends entirely on the total number of nights acquired by the top one percent tier of Ambassador guests. Apart from that, it is also part of the criteria that guests visit at least three different InterContinental Hotels to be awarded the Royal Ambassador status.

At this time, we are unable to offer you Royal Ambassador status. Nevertheless, rest assured that we will be monitoring your InterContinental activity very closely, and it is our sincere hope that we will have the opportunity to offer you Royal Ambassador status in the future.

For more information regarding the Ambassador membership, you may log on to our web site at http://www.intercontinental.com/ambassador.

We truly appreciate your continuous support to InterContinental Hotels and Resorts, Mr. gangring. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. Please call us at +44 (0) 870 XXXshould you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Ms. XXX
Ambassador Services
Tel: +44 (0) 870 400 XXX
1 888 211 7XXX
Fax: +44 (0) 870 400 XXX
E-mail: [email protected]

SO,IT failed this time,i will continue to select inter brand hotel in future,
at last 12 mouths,i stay 2 different intercon hotels in the world,and i ve book shenzhen IC and HONGKONG IC in the future,

i pay attention that email also inform
"Nevertheless, rest assured that we will be monitoring your InterContinental activity very closely, and it is our sincere hope that we will have the opportunity to offer you Royal Ambassador status in the future."
it that mean if i finished 3 different hotels,i can have a chance,and my stay record is very closed to RA,
so everyone can tell me ,can i get chance to RA after that?hehe!

thank you!

PS:if i book award night stay at IC,so it will be Non-Qualifying Stay consider give me RA,must be pay stay?

Last edited by szg; Jul 8, 2009 at 9:55 am Reason: deleted personal details
Old Jun 6, 2009, 7:38 pm

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Yes, for RA qualification only paid nights count.
Only exception: the second (free) night, using a BOGO.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by lemieux66
Yes, for RA qualification only paid nights count.
Only exception: the second (free) night, using a BOGO.
There has been talk in other threads that award nights, although not "qualifying nights", do count towards your RA qualification.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uproared
There has been talk in other threads that award nights, although not "qualifying nights", do count towards your RA qualification.
so stay 3 different IC by reward nights (not pay stay) also can count to be RA qualification, my stay record at ic both reward night,maybe i will paystay at beijing this month for beichen IC & finance street IC, maybe helpful to reache RA, I will report my progress,thank you everyone who pay attation to this discuss。
Old Jun 6, 2009, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by gangring
so stay 3 different IC by reward nights (not pay stay) also can count to be RA qualification, my stay record at ic both reward night,maybe i will paystay at beijing this month for beichen IC & finance street IC, maybe helpful to reache RA, I will report my progress,thank you everyone who pay attation to this discuss。
Not necessarily, it's just "talk", IHG's official line is that it's only qualifying nights. Are you already an Ambassador? How many nights do you have in you current Ambassador/membership year?
Old Jun 7, 2009, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uproared
Not necessarily, it's just "talk", IHG's official line is that it's only qualifying nights. Are you already an Ambassador? How many nights do you have in you current Ambassador/membership year?
i am ambassador platinum member since NOV 2008,and since them,i ve stay 35nights at different ihg HOTELS,for ic BRAND,i just stay at beijing IC and dalian IC for 3 times.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
So you still need another 15 nights before you're "considered"...
Old Jun 7, 2009, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rupert_s
So you still need another 15 nights before you're "considered"...
i think i can't reach 50night this year,although i still can earn 60k Point to maintain my platinum member level,it;s easy to reach it.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 2:24 am

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
IC HK

i think i can't reach 50night this year,although i still can earn 60k Point to maintain my platinum member level,it;s easy to reach it.
If you are going to also stay in HK why not shift and stay 1 night at each IC in HK, would this not satisfy your 3 IC stay or maybe provide 1 for insurance?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Even if you have 30 nights in 30 different ICs you still need a minimum of 50 nights in total across the IHG for RA qualification
Old Jun 8, 2009, 5:41 am

It's just one data point, but I only had my RA renewed after I hit 60 paid nights (with a few different ICs mixed in).

This is the annoying thing about RA. If you're sitting on 45 nights and can hit 50 but not 60, do you stay the extra 5 nights or go elsewhere since you don't know if 50 nights is the magic number?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:03 am

Programs: SK*G, IC RA
Originally Posted by rupert_s
Even if you have 30 nights in 30 different ICs you still need a minimum of 50 nights in total across the IHG for RA qualification
Some people in this forum were apparently promoted to RA with less than 50 nights. So the 50 night requirement does not seem to be a 'hard' requirement - more like a guideline.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
The number of nights is not the only factor considered, the room rate also plays a considerable role. Spending 40 nights in IC suites will most likely get you RA status while spending 60 nights in HIX on the cheapest rates will likely not get you RA status.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 12:59 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat

I spoke with a supervisor at the Ambassador line today and apparantly the rules as to qualify as a RA have changed as of May 31st.

Accroding to the agent, there is no more guarantee that 15 or 20 nights at let's say 5 or 10 different IC's will give you RA status. As of June 1st, they (as per the supervisor) are looking at a minimum of 60 nights in PC properties PLUS one will have to be in the top 1% of number of nights in IC's among all PC members within the past 12 months.

I don't know how much of that is true, but if so, then only super RA's will still qualify. Let's see what happens.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by berlinflyer
Accroding to the agent, there is no more guarantee that 15 or 20 nights at let's say 5 or 10 different IC's will give you RA status.
15 or 20 nights at 5 to 10 IC's never gave the garantee to be RA, didn't they?

Originally Posted by berlinflyer
As of June 1st, they (as per the supervisor) are looking at a minimum of 60 nights in PC properties PLUS one will have to be in the top 1% of number of nights in IC's among all PC members within the past 12 months.
Which means that it will be not only more difficult but also more uncertain to become RA (how to know if we are or not in the top 1% of number of nights in IC's among all PC members?)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.