Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introduction of PriorityClubRewards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2011, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mnredfox
In the end I don't care about making plat easier, harder, or staying the same. The core of the PC program is earning points. Don't change this, and you'll keep my loyalty.
well said....^^
Old Sep 6, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Rather than a general discussion, I'm going to ask a question...

PriorityClubRewards, I've just seen on another thread that one of the new options for Ambassador renewal is $200 which includes 15k points, and a 10% rebate on all reward redemptions in a year (up to a max of 100k points rebated - I read this as a max reward spend of 1,000,000 points in a year)

So, just to confirm you expect this to work the same way as I do..... if I redeem 1 night at an IC for 40k points, am I correct in thinking I will (in about 6 weeks time) receive a refund of 4k points to my account?

Also, does the 10% rebate apply to all brands and all rewards, or just ICs? ie do Crowne Plazas effectively change to costing 22.5k per night for the year? Obviously this last point has the potential to swing my decision wildly

Look forward to hearing from you. I need to renew my Amb soon, and so am interested in what you have to say

Thanks a lot
Old Sep 6, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Here is another specific question for priorityclubrewards, who according to the introduction, also looks after ambassador issues.

according to the following ICH link:-

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...rs/sweepstakes

RA who stay at either the venetian or palazzo do not get the free mini-bar that they get universally at any other IC property but now get:-

"a $100 credit toward mini-bar beverages per stay. "

Can you advise when this new rule has been activated. There have been no reports of it on the forum, and on the contrary, it has been reported that the minibar has been totally free.

on a wider note, I think this is a poor move by ICH not to keep this rule the same. It is the one benefit that is defintely the same accross virtually all IC, the mini-bar beverages are free. We now have a situation that, given the mini-bar prices at these properties, an RA might not even be able to have 1 free drink a day for him/her + partner, if he is staying for a week (allowance would be $16.60 a day). Given that these are mostly vacation destinations, and RAs by definition, are business users who have stay extensively in ICH properties in the preceeding 12 months, its seems very mean to reduce this one priviledge at the time they go on vacation.

Also note that priviledges are already curtailed at these properties, as internet and newspaper and access to the health club are already being paid for in the resort fee.

A dollar credit value per stay benefit is totally illogical on a commodity that is available to be used daily, at the very least it should be a dollar credit value per day. you are almost asking for bookings to be split into multiple stays, its an extra $100 a stay after all. Split a 7 day booking into 2-2-3 and you just got yourself an extra $200 drinks benefit.

Given that these are extremely top end ICH properties, it shows the upper tier of ICH properties in very poor light in how ICH is recognising its most valued customers when they take time away from business to go on vacation.

Last edited by tangey; Sep 7, 2011 at 4:57 am
Old Sep 6, 2011, 6:08 pm

welcome.

hopefully this will help in getting answers to questions.

i sometimes have trouble getting a person with PC.

But contact with hotel staff directly by phone has been fine.

matt
Old Sep 9, 2011, 1:57 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
PriorityClubRewards, are you there?

Please talk to me.....

Also, at the same time, I placed some reward bookings on the same day that I renewed my Amb membership for $200. Will I get the 10% discount on them? There was nothing in the literature that said I wouldn't

Many thanks
Old Oct 18, 2014, 5:05 am

While Starwood and Marriott reps frequently post and assist FT members
in more than 3 years IHGRewardsClub has posted only 55 times(!) and in most cases only to quote press releases rather than to help.

Once again we have an IHG promo, Into The Night, that doesn't work and
is causing a HUGE amount of nuisance, and once again the silence from IHGRewardsClub is deafening...
Old Oct 18, 2014, 5:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
While Starwood and Marriott reps frequently post and assist FT members
in more than 3 years IHGRewardsClub has posted only 55 times(!) and in most cases only to quote press releases rather than to help.

Once again we have an IHG promo, Into The Night, that doesn't work and
is causing a HUGE amount of nuisance, and once again the silence from IHGRewardsClub is deafening...
Marriott has not really had a presence for awhile, although Hilton and Hyatt do.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:32 am

Points offer vs Welcome gift at checkin

My friend and I both have Chase IHG CCs which means our status is the same. We have been traveling together, using reward nights any many IHG properties. He booked two reward stays at Holiday Inns (Versailles and Andorra) and I booked a reward stay at a Crowne Plaza (Bacrelona).
Both times we checked in at the HI he was offered the option between a welcome gift or 5000 points. When I checked in at the CP no option was given to me.

This is surprising given that CP is a much nicer property and that HI is basically giving half of the points back that it took to book the reward night.

Why wasnt I offered a point gift like my friend at the HI?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.