Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Upgrade when booking Opaque?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2010, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Starwood Gold, National Emerald Club
Crowne Plaza Upgrade when booking Opaque?

I have searched this topic quite a bit but haven't really come up with anything substantial. I am just curious as to if anyone on here has received a room upgrade for being Platinum when they book off an opaque site, such as Priceline. The reason I ask is I will be at the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort in early April for four nights. I am hoping maybe I'll get lucky and a score a room upgrade due to my Platinum status, despite the fact I booked off PL. I kinda think the hotel won't be that full either as they just reduced their advance purchase rates from $236.00/nt to $154/nt. That is a pretty steep cut to try and fill some rooms.

Thanks so much.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by DFW25FLY
I have searched this topic quite a bit but haven't really come up with anything substantial. I am just curious as to if anyone on here has received a room upgrade for being Platinum when they book off an opaque site, such as Priceline. The reason I ask is I will be at the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort in early April for four nights. I am hoping maybe I'll get lucky and a score a room upgrade due to my Platinum status, despite the fact I booked off PL. I kinda think the hotel won't be that full either as they just reduced their advance purchase rates from $236.00/nt to $154/nt. That is a pretty steep cut to try and fill some rooms.

Thanks so much.
There is nothing in the T&C's that ties your upgrade to booking a "qualifying rate". In addition, according to the T&C's, you will not receive a stay credit, stay points, or bonus points, but you will get points for any incidentals charged to your room.

Although you did not book a qualifying rate, as a PC Platinum you are entitled to a room upgrade, subject to availability at check-in. Upgrades are based on status. Which room type is at the discretion of the hotel.

Contact the hotel and ensure that your PC number is on file for the reservation.

mxm135
Old Mar 14, 2010, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Starwood Gold, National Emerald Club
Great. Thanks so much, MXM. I knew about the no points thing but this is real good news on the upgrade front! I did call reservations at the property last week. Unfortunately, she said she could not apply my PC PLT # due to how it was booked. However, she did tell me I would be able to add it at the front desk when we check in.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately, she said she could not apply my PC PLT # due to how it was booked. However, she did tell me I would be able to add it at the front desk when we check in.
I'd suggest looking up your reservation by last name and IHG confirmation number on the PCR website and then trying to add your PCR number yourself. It may not work, but it can't hurt to try.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion, Soit. Unfortunately, I tried that and it won't let me. Many other chains allow you to see your rezzie online, even if booked from an Opaque site. However, IHG hotels are not one of them.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Thanks for the suggestion, Soit. Unfortunately, I tried that and it won't let me. Many other chains allow you to see your rezzie online, even if booked from an Opaque site. However, IHG hotels are not one of them.
Contact Reservations and have them enter your number in the file. If the hotel can enter it at check-in, they can do it before, as well.

mxm135
Old Mar 15, 2010, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

So you're saying I should just try to call the Hotel's reservations department again and hope I get a different agent?

I did this early last week but the rez agent at the hotel said she couldn't since I had booked from a consolidator sign online but that I could give it to them at the front desk when I check in. Or, should I call the actual 1-800 # and try it that way? Makes total sense though that if the front desk can do it at checkin, the rez agent at the hotel can do it beforehand.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 4:03 pm

So you're saying I should just try to call the Hotel's reservations department again and hope I get a different agent?

I did this early last week but the rez agent at the hotel said she couldn't since I had booked from a consolidator sign online but that I could give it to them at the front desk when I check in. Or, should I call the actual 1-800 # and try it that way? Makes total sense though that if the front desk can do it at checkin, the rez agent at the hotel can do it beforehand.
Give the 1-800 number a try first. Explain that you want to ensure that you get your Platinum benefits.

mxm135
Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by MXM135
In addition, according to the T&C's, you will not receive a stay credit, stay points, or bonus points, but you will get points for any incidentals charged to your room.
Hi,

have they changed their T&C's in the last month? I asked today a hotel I booked via Priceline to add my PC number and 15 mins later I got a nice reply that my number was added and the info that the stay would count. Is that new?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveMidknight
Hi,

have they changed their T&C's in the last month? I asked today a hotel I booked via Priceline to add my PC number and 15 mins later I got a nice reply that my number was added and the info that the stay would count. Is that new?
No--not new. You may luck out, but be aware that having your number added does not mean you'll get a qualifying stay/nights/points.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by soitgoes
No--not new. You may luck out, but be aware that having your number added does not mean you'll get a qualifying stay/nights/points.
Jeah, that's the info I still had. I just thought they may have changed something after the reply from the hotel. But no loss as I already requalified for Platinum last month and got a great rate from Priceline.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.