Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Is using a company like business-class.com a good idea?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is using a company like business-class.com a good idea?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence?
^ Bingo. Wish I had remembered that proverb at the time.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by beautifulangela
I hope I’m not posting in the wrong place. I don’t know flying at all, but I have developed some health issues and can only tolerate flying non stop and business. I have never used miles or a third party company, but need to access less expensive first/business class fares. Is using a company like business-class.com a bad idea?
NO!!! Stay away from this company. Their entire operation is sketchy and don't let TrustPilot reviews fool you. You need to just book with the airlines. I am amongst several other individuals are going through legal action against them. The way they procure the tickets can have you stuck out of the country without of a flight.

They are not reputable nor can you get your money back in case something happens. There is no "discounted fares" outside what you can get yourself via Amex, Expedia, etc or the airlines themselves by purchasing ahead of time, getting status and simply do the regular stuff. These companies are not giving you much of a discount anyways.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 8:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dbatl
The way they procure the tickets can have you stuck out of the country without of a flight.
The thread you are replying to is two years old, but may be useful to others. What does the above part of you post mean?
Old Jul 24, 2021, 9:19 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by LondonElite
The thread you are replying to is two years old, but may be useful to others. What does the above part of you post mean?
I have read elsewhere that they use other people's frequent flier awards to issue tickets for their customers. It's a violation of most, if not all, FF programs.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I posted my experience back in 2015. I do acknowledge all of the warnings posted above. This is simply one flyer's experience:

Some Business Class Discounters ComparedOn approximately 1st March 2015, I contacted the following agencies, specialized in discount premium travel, concerning a ticket, MAD – SCL – MAD in Business Class, departing 20th March and returning on 31st March:

Access Fares
Budget Borne
Corporate Express Travel
Etravelbid
Executive Class Travel
Executive Travel Service
Fly First Class
Fly Luxury for Less (flyl4l)
Let’s Fly Cheaper

I acknowledged that the time was short, and urged them to do their best within the time available.

I received answers from:

Access Fares, offering Business Class at 2605 USD MAD – MIA – SCL – DFW – MAD with American.

Corporate Express Travel offered Business Class at 2995 USD, MAD – SCL – MAD non stop on Iberia.

Executive Class Travel offered Business Class at 2950 USD MAD – SCL – MAD non stop. The outbound was on the date stipulated, but the return was on 2nd April rather than 31st March. Did not identify the airline, but from the schedule, it was Iberia.

Let’s Fly Cheaper offered Business Class at 3600 USD with two stops: MAD – BOG – PTY – SCL – EZE – FRA – MAD.

Luxury For Less kindly explained that the retail price was too close to the price they could offer, and declined to quote.

The other agencies did not reply, perhaps because of time constraints, perhaps for other reasons.

I used Corporate Express Travel and was very happy with the service.

I do realize that offers change with availability, and I am not trying to recommend one over others, just tell a bit about my own personal experience, hoping to be of help to other Flyertalkers, and without contravening Flyertalk guidelines.

Buen viaje a todos!!
ralco1776 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: OneWorld
Hi SpainFlyer,

What are 2 of your favorite Business Class Discounters you are CURRENTLY using and do you use them for most of your flights?
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ralco1776
Hi SpainFlyer,

What are 2 of your favorite Business Class Discounters you are CURRENTLY using and do you use them for most of your flights?
Please read this entire thread and consider the warnings carefully.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 12:58 pm

I know this is an old post, but it comes up first in Google. So did anyone have any bad/good experiences with them? I took the plunge and booked 2 tickets. They were about $400 cheaper (each) than other sites. Feeling a little anxious but it does say ticketed.
It's an ANA flight checked from the app it's class is listed as Business:P from JFK
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:41 am

Maybe this should have been posted in the tricks thread. There are very few easier things than "tricking" non-stop flights for cheaper fares
Old Dec 21, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ralco1776
Hi SpainFlyer,

The last few times I have tried to use these and a few other discounters, their prices have not been much better than booking directly with the airline; or they had availability only for dates that I couldn't use; or they tried to mix Business and Premium Economy, which I didn't want and which made it difficult to compare to prices I could get on my own; or they didn't answer and perhaps had gone out of business during the Covid travel lull. It is possible that some airlines have cracked down on these agencies buying frequent flyer points and using them to buy tickets. It is also possible that, due to the Covid lull in travel, there are not as many frequent flyer miles / points available as there were when more people were traveling. So, sorry I don't have suggestions for you at this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.