PIO to OCI Conversion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PIO to OCI Conversion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2021, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
a lot of these government websites are poorly configured, leading to mistakes like this....you can try complaining but don't expect them to do anything quickly....
Old Jul 25, 2021, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA-PLAT, Hilton-Gold, Marriott-PLT
Agreed. But this is not mere complaining- unable to proceed further!
Old Jul 26, 2021, 5:50 pm

Websites developed by inadequate developers are often only tested in the most basic configurations. The form may be breaking because of some non-standard setting on your browser, and could start to work for you if you change your browser & its configuration to match what those developers expect.

You could try the following...
Try the form again after disabling any adblocking or anti-virus browser addons. Also make sure your browser is not blocking cookies/third-party cookies. If that does not work try another browser (i.e. if you use chrome, try the form again in Edge or Firefox).

If all else fails & you yourself are a software developer, there's always the option of firing up the debugger & bludgeoning the form into submission.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Flushing the cookies and any preloaded stuff with crtl+shift+R helps too
Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:47 am

Unfortunately, tried three different browsers and 2 different computers. Just cant see a way around this :-(
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Don't mention the spouse perhaps?
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:06 am

Unfortunately that's the issue! Moment I choose Married, the Spouse information becomes mandatory.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: Aero Plan, Marriott, Air Miles
Hi fw10001 i have similar question. Here are my details..

After this PIO-OCI conversion news published, we made a trip to india and landed in BLR back in 2016, the immigration checkpoint has no clue regarding stamping of "Life time validty" on our son's PIO booklet. Luckily i have taken the printout of the publication and after some back n forth moments (almost 2 hours delayed), finally they stamped our son's (minor 12years) PIO card with this Life time validity.
Just now realized ( planning a trip to india) that his PIO card has expired in 2020 when he turned 16. I am not sure whats our course of action..
Should we continue to carry his expired PIO booklet having the "Life time validity" stamp or should we apply again and go thru new OCI process ??

Technically the life time validity stamp should work but my son PIO card has picture of 1 year old when he applied. I dont want any trouble at the immigration that too having connecting flight at DELHI to HYD is only 4 hours..

Appreciate if any one in my situation has any inputs.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 4:57 am

The PIO card validity saga continues... noticed this in TIMATIC ( https://www.emirates.com/de/english/...destination=in )

Visa required.

Visa Exemptions:

Passengers with a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card.

Passengers with a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card that expired after 9 January 2015.

Passengers with a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card.
Also:

Warning:

[...]Passengers with a Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) Card must change their PIO status to Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) status before 31 December 2024. Effective from 1 January 2025, passengers with a Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) Card will not be allowed to enter.

Passengers with an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card must apply for a new Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card only once when they obtain a new passport after turning 20 years old.
So they have extended the deadline one 'last' time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.