Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Acid
Yes - there are many in this situation - all of us here in US have same issue. Just enter your India address and take as much proof as you can.
Proof is not a problem.

just one question , In case of Permanent address what we can fill in "Residing Since (Month-YYYY) *(Which date)" and "Is your permanent address same as present address? *" field(Yes/No).
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've filled residing since my birth date(Indian address hasnt changed) and Yes to second question. I've maintained my India address on passport even though it was issued in US.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:50 pm

I've filled residing since my birth date(Indian address hasnt changed) and Yes to second question. I've maintained my India address on passport even though it was issued in US.
Thanks.

Same case for me..passport and adhar card has same address (My indian parament address).so i ll take both documents as a address proof.

Thanks
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
my status on the passport seva website still shows that police verification has been been initiated for my application....the verification was done almost 20 days ago & according to the rpo my application has already been submitted....
Applicatiom status on passport eseva site now says -"GEP verification Process has been initiated on your application. Once inputs from all the concerned Government Authorities are received, the Report will be shared with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). No queries would be entertained in relation to your GEP application status at the Passport Offices and PSP Call Centre. You may contact CBP for further updates on the processing of your GEP application"
my police verification was done on 7/21 and till yesterday status was showing as police verification has been initiated
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Stivelio
Applicatiom status on passport eseva site now says -"GEP verification Process has been initiated on your application. Once inputs from all the concerned Government Authorities are received, the Report will be shared with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). No queries would be entertained in relation to your GEP application status at the Passport Offices and PSP Call Centre. You may contact CBP for further updates on the processing of your GEP application"
my police verification was done on 7/21 and till yesterday status was showing as police verification has been initiated
same here....i noticed the change on friday (28th july)....it states that my application was received on the 3rd of july which was the same date as my police verification....i guess things are moving along....slowly, but still moving in the right direction....
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:27 am

Thats good news. Thanks for sharing the updates!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:52 am

GEP status

Originally Posted by Raju0505
Proof is not a problem.

just one question , In case of Permanent address what we can fill in "Residing Since (Month-YYYY) *(Which date)" and "Is your permanent address same as present address? *" field(Yes/No).
Hi anyone has any update on their application? Mine is as below
Application Received on Date 07/07/2017
Status GEP Verification Process has been initiated on your application. Once inputs from all the concerned Government Authorities are received, the Report will be shared with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). No queries would be entertained in relation to your GEP application status at the Passport Offices and PSP Call Centre. You may contact CBP for further updates on the processing of your GEP application.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by pracash11
Hi anyone has any update on their application? Mine is as below
Application Received on Date 07/07/2017
Status GEP Verification Process has been initiated on your application. Once inputs from all the concerned Government Authorities are received, the Report will be shared with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). No queries would be entertained in relation to your GEP application status at the Passport Offices and PSP Call Centre. You may contact CBP for further updates on the processing of your GEP application.
Same for me since last Friday.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:55 am

Any further update from early applicants? Have you followed up with CBP on next steps if police verification is done?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Any further update from early applicants? Have you followed up with CBP on next steps if police verification is done?
no update....police verification was done over 6 weeks ago & i received confirmation via sms that police verification is complete almost 4 weeks ago....
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:54 am

Still waiting too

So,

On Jul 16, 2017, I did my initial application with GOES. My status changed to Pending Review.
On Jul 23, 2017, I received an email from Passport India
On Jul 24, 2017, I booked an appointment with a PSK in Chennai
On Jul 25, 2017, I went to the PSK, was a slow three-stage process. They gave me a sheet that said ‘Granted’ but subject to police verification
On Jul 26, 2017, a policeman came home
On Jul 28, 2017, status changed to GEP Verification Process has been initiated on your application. Once inputs from all the concerned Government Authorities are received, the Report will be shared with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). No queries would be entertained in relation to your GEP application status at the Passport Offices and PSP Call Centre. You may contact CBP for further updates on the processing of your GEP application.

Now – waiting. I called up the call centre, and they told me that my status was pending with the Commissioner of Police, Chennai Circle.

Just tooooo slowwwwww…
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:02 am

Did anyone hear back from Indian Passport service or had a status update in Global Entry Page after the Police Background Verification?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fly3rtalk
Did anyone hear back from Indian Passport service or had a status update in Global Entry Page after the Police Background Verification?
between me, my family & friends, there are 11 of us who applied within the first few days....all of us had our police verification completed by the 7th of july....all 11 applications are still in pending status....
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Given how long it is taking from application to final approval for people about whom the GoI and USG know a whole lot already, there is more evidence that the timing of the launch of this program for citizens of India was just a rushed form of engaging in a publicity show of bonhomie by the head of the GoI and the head of the USG.

Last edited by GUWonder; Aug 18, 2017 at 5:33 am
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:28 am

Clearly looks like it. They seems to have jumped in this without a decent process in place.

What to we do now?

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Given how long it is taking from application to final approval for people about whom the GoI and USG know a whole lot already, there is more evidence that the timing of the launch of this program for citizens of India was just a rushed form of engaging in a publicity show of bonhomie by the head of the GoI and of the USG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.