Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by Stivelio
The officer that did the interview told me that I will get a card in 5 days
Are you based in the USA, such as on a work visa? That's different as you have a local address. I wonder if non US residents will be, in any way, to get a card, even if it's just for those who can provide a US mailing address. I've written to cbp in this regard, I'll probably get a cookie cutter response but hope to get it on their radar that the card has its uses - - you can use the global entry / nexus vehicle lanes while entering Canada, and entering the trusted traveler security lanes at Canadian airports requires one of a few types of cards, such as nexus or global entry. Hope everyone else sends similar messages so they get the idea that sending the card to non US residents would be beneficial.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 9:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Keep dreaming... various other countries citizens are allowed to use GE, no one gets a card, period. Only US citizens. In the beginning you used to get a small sticker in your passport, they stopped even that. Putting the KTN/Passid in your reservation works fine to get TSA Pre, the registered passport number works at the GE kiosk.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Keep dreaming... various other countries citizens are allowed to use GE, no one gets a card, period. Only US citizens. In the beginning you used to get a small sticker in your passport, they stopped even that. Putting the KTN/Passid in your reservation works fine to get TSA Pre, the registered passport number works at the GE kiosk.
Dream? Lol you talk as if I told you they will send me a gift. I merely stated whatever the officer told me. I don't really care if I get a physical card or not
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:04 pm

Finally, the status changed to: "Application is under review at Regional Passport Office."
My case is similar to Stivelio, I have been living in the US for past 13 years and I submitted my application in the first week of July.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Stivelio
The officer that did the interview told me that I will get a card in 5 days
Congrats. May I know what was your status on indian passport portal when you got the conditional approval from CBP? I applied in August 1st week and it's been in "Review at RPO" for rather 4months now. Hard to read what it means.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by obelix1
Congrats. May I know what was your status on indian passport portal when you got the conditional approval from CBP? I applied in August 1st week and it's been in "Review at RPO" for rather 4months now. Hard to read what it means.
I never went back to check on Indian passport portal as I wasn't too anxious to get approved. I got conditional approval email 4.5 months from the time my checks were done in India
Old Dec 24, 2017, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Global Entry cards are issued to GE members who are US citizens, US LPRs and Mexican citizens. It may be that Indian nationals resident outside of the US may also get the cards, but I don’t see much point of it for Indian citizens who aren’t resident in the US.

Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: Global Entry, TTP CBP,
Originally Posted by airplane7
Finally, the status changed to: "Application is under review at Regional Passport Office."
My case is similar to Stivelio, I have been living in the US for past 13 years and I submitted my application in the first week of July.

Honestly, if someone lived in USA for 13 years by now, they would be Green card, why would you goto RPO and submit the application ? I dont get it,
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by BruceWaine
Honestly, if someone lived in USA for 13 years by now, they would be Green card, why would you goto RPO and submit the application ? I dont get it,
You aren't aware of current EB2/3 wait times for Indians :-)
Acid likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by BruceWaine
Depends on when the green card was first filed during that 13 year period.

Last edited by anirudh666; Dec 25, 2017 at 12:52 am
Old Dec 24, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: Global Entry, TTP CBP,
Originally Posted by airplane7
You aren't aware of current EB2/3 wait times for Indians :-)
I am aware, but since its 13 years i thought to belive that 9-10 years which is wait time somewhere within 13 years , might have got a GC is what was assumed.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 12:30 am

This is great! I can't wait to apply for mine
Old Dec 25, 2017, 7:55 am

Delhi?

Has anyone done this in Delhi? My PSK appointment is tomorrow morning just wondering how the PCC verification works?
Old Dec 25, 2017, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ferric
Has anyone done this in Delhi? My PSK appointment is tomorrow morning just wondering how the PCC verification works?
my experience in delhi is detailed earlier in this thread....there are many others i know who went through the process after me & it was pretty smooth....
Old Dec 26, 2017, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
my experience in delhi is detailed earlier in this thread....there are many others i know who went through the process after me & it was pretty smooth....
Was it equally smooth for someone whose Indian passport was issued outside of India, with their US address?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.