Community
Wiki Posts
Search

India visa-on-arrival for tourists from 5 countries [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I have thought about that but I've wondered whether the officers would notice the high cost of the ticket and question if the ticket was bought with the right intentions.
In my experience, no officer in the embassy has ever looked at the fare details.. Usually they just match the pax name, itinerary and PNR..I would be surprised if the officer had the time and more importantly the knowledge to look at the fare details and understand it..
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by hyderago
I thought officers could only access the itinerary, not the fare details.
I normally give a printout of my itinerary, so it is easy to see the fare.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:25 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I have thought about that but I've wondered whether the officers would notice the high cost of the ticket and question if the ticket was bought with the right intentions.
Why would they care? Some people waste money on tickets while others find great deals or use miles (if different). If anything a high fare ticket would probably be taken (if even noticed) as a sign of having sufficient resources so as not to be a problem of some sorts.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by celle
So, has anyone had recent experience of getting VOA?

Have things improved since the last personal experience post, in 2011?
I saw specific counters for VOA in DEL and CCU which were manned by a few officers, so they seemed to be prepared.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I saw specific counters for VOA in DEL and CCU which were manned by a few officers, so they seemed to be prepared.
I saw these counters in BOM last month. They looked prepared.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The VOA counters in DEL as seen from the F/C/PIO/OCI immigration line:

https://plus.google.com/photos/10431...50658266727394
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:00 am

Programs: NZ, EK, QF, SQ.
Visa on arrival - Delhi - recent experience?

Will probably (health permitting) be going to Delhi some time in February. Have obtained visa in advance on previous visits but will have to book this visit at short notice, so probably will not have time to do this.

NZ passport, so eligible for visa on arrival.

Has anyone done this recently? I'd welcome experience concerning how long it takes to get the VOA, how long the lines are, how much hassle? How organised were the Indian visa-issuing staff? Are the application forms readily available at the airport (couldn't find them on line)?

All advice welcome!
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:08 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Will probably (health permitting) be going to Delhi some time in February. Have obtained visa in advance on previous visits but will have to book this visit at short notice, so probably will not have time to do this.

NZ passport, so eligible for visa on arrival.

Has anyone done this recently? I'd welcome experience concerning how long it takes to get the VOA, how long the lines are, how much hassle? How organised were the Indian visa-issuing staff? Are the application forms readily available at the airport (couldn't find them on line)?

All advice welcome!
Did this in July at DEL after a flight from Singapore. Have a passport issued by Finland - there were max 4 people in the area getting VoA, and the process (incl. waiting time) took perhaps 15-20min. No major hassle.

Based on my experience it worked quite well.

As for forms, I recall there was only one form to fill - or max 2. I think I had to ask the officer behind the counter for one. Plus then the regular entry form(s) normally provided at the departure point / onboard.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:09 pm

NZ citizen. Did VoA in DEL last week.

VoA area was well signposted. It was a quiet area, with only about 6 people applying at the same time as us.

Two officials at the counter. They gave us a double-sided form to fill in, which asks the usual details - Details of previous visits to India; name of both parents; where you intend to stay; which cities you intend to visit; name, address and phone number of travel agency or contact person in India; how long you intend to stay; details of onward travel.

You need to have copies of passport photos to hand over, plus US$60 pp in cash (or they will take credit card - no need to exchange cash to rupees).

We were issued visas for one month's stay. The whole process took about half an hour, they took our Arrival form, and we did not have to go through any further immigration process.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Are there other requirements? I can't seem to find any information about what documents you need to get VOA there.

I looked before,but the link on their website was dead. Now i can't even find anything about VOA on their gov't website.

You need to have copies of passport photos to hand over, plus US$60 pp in cash (or they will take credit card - no need to exchange cash to rupees).

We were issued visas for one month's stay. The whole process took about half an hour, they took our Arrival form, and we did not have to go through any further immigration process.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by tomy77
Are there other requirements? I can't seem to find any information about what documents you need to get VOA there.

I looked before,but the link on their website was dead. Now i can't even find anything about VOA on their gov't website.
Try this page:

http://goindia.about.com/od/visas/qt...On-Arrival.htm

VoA is currently only available to citizens of a few countries, but is to be extended to many other countries- I couldn't find the date of that extension.
It will not be available to anyone whose parents were born in Pakistan.

Judging by the time it took us, unless they simplify the form-filling, the line/queue for VoA will be long and slow.
getting
Old Mar 5, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
It would be much faster if, like landing cards, airlines distribute them on the incoming flights so that people can fill them in before they land.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:10 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
edit: Sorry, never mind. Someone upthread said they take credit card.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 1:31 am

Try this page:

http://goindia.about.com/od/visas/qt...On-Arrival.htm

Judging by the time it took us, unless they simplify the form-filling, the line/queue for VoA will be long and slow.
getting
Originally Posted by hserus
It would be much faster if, like landing cards, airlines distribute them on the incoming flights so that people can fill them in before they land.
Agree that the above solution would be faster, but nothing in India is fast - You have to accept that form-filling is important to Indians and that the process is always slow.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 5:11 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by hserus
maybe once this picks up, this would also be done..
Atleast now, they have removed the requirement of landing cards for Indian citizens..^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.