Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2020, 11:09 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by galaticos
Anyone with experience of this on BA? Trip coming up again in oct and would dearly love to make my EXP status on AA if I can do BA.. but need to do RT
You will have to fill up an online form before you travel & self quarantine for 14 days when you land there.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
You will have to fill up an online form before you travel & self quarantine for 14 days when you land there.
not if you have a negative covid test report which has to be done within 72 hours before you land in india....
Old Sep 5, 2020, 8:01 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
not if you have a negative covid test report which has to be done within 72 hours before you land in india....
The online form (not printouts) & 14 days quarantine is for when you arrive in UK... not India. Everybody arriving UK has to compulsorily do quarantine irrespective of nationality and the age of kids at home.

India has pretty much done away with quarantine. We're trying really hard to hit the 1 lakh cases / day mark.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
India has pretty much done away with quarantine.
i think india has pretty much given up....i drove from delhi to allahabad earlier this week & passed by many towns & villages, including a larger city like lucknow....under 10% of the people were wearing masks & it seemed like no one was bothered with covid anymore....

We're trying really hard to hit the 1 lakh cases / day mark.
with the way things are going we will be there in another couple of weeks....maybe even sooner....
Dhamal likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Yup, agree.

FWIW, here is my recent trip experience: https://newyork2assamduringcovid.blogspot.com/?m=1
Old Sep 5, 2020, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by metalblaze
Yup, agree.

FWIW, here is my recent trip experience: https://newyork2assamduringcovid.blogspot.com/?m=1
Thank you for that report.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 12:06 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
well my question was more on ability to transit via LHR TO the US.. not entering U.K.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

well my question was more on ability to transit via LHR TO the US.. not entering U.K.
not unless you are a usa citizen or resident....there are a few other exceptions but they are limited to diplomats, sportsmen or medical professionals....

lastly, the is also a national interest exception for business travelers where you have to prove that your entry into usa will assist in the revival of the economy....usa embassies in india are currently not processing this exception but if you are landing in certain airports in usa then you can apply with cbp for this exception....more info in the attached pdf:
Old Sep 6, 2020, 5:39 am

lastly, the is also a national interest exception for business travelers where you have to prove that your entry into usa will assist in the revival of the economy
This being FT, I'm sure there will be a few ordinary visitors who would happily jump through those NIE hoops to get status!
Old Sep 6, 2020, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This being FT, I'm sure there will be a few ordinary visitors who would happily jump through those NIE hoops to get status!
i'm sure they would....these days even a tourist coming to usa to spend money on shopping is helping the economy....
Old Sep 6, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
not unless you are a usa citizen or resident....there are a few other exceptions but they are limited to diplomats, sportsmen or medical professionals....

lastly, the is also a national interest exception for business travelers where you have to prove that your entry into usa will assist in the revival of the economy....usa embassies in india are currently not processing this exception but if you are landing in certain airports in usa then you can apply with cbp for this exception....more info in the attached pdf:
US PR so I guess can do BA round trip..
Old Sep 8, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP HH GOLD EY GOLD
US PR so I guess can do BA round trip..
Well I can tell you for certain around end of Sep. OCI holder going to get my mother, PR with Indian Passport. I have booked both BA and AI as backup for return.
India UK bubble says only foreign nationals or Indian Citizens with UK visa. ( Stranded UK nationals/residents, foreign nationals transiting through UK or spouses of these persons, whether accompanying or otherwise

Here's India travel bubble rules with each country/union
Old Sep 8, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP HH GOLD EY GOLD
Transit via UK

Duplicate
Old Sep 21, 2020, 10:00 pm

What are the rules to connect through DOH/AUH/DXB (Qatar/Etihad/Emirates) to/from US to India?

Last edited by I Fly Delta Jets; Sep 21, 2020 at 11:06 pm
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Officially the 'bubble's is only for pax originating in the UAE and Qatar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.