Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by oliver2002
9W can ask AI to take over their pax, LH also can contact their contacts at AI and ask for a transfer, but cannot do it themselves.

In other news, it seems Goyal has caved in: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/67784562.cms
Jet will pay with IOUs which AI will accept because few lakhs more of losses, who cares ?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: BA executive club Gold, United milage plus Gold
9W can ask AI to take over their pax, LH also can contact their contacts at AI and ask for a transfer, but cannot do it themselves.

In other news, it seems Goyal has caved in: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/67784562.cms
As I approached Chennai airport on Thursday evening, I was expecting the worst and was actively planning alternatives. Thankfully flight was not cancelled and on time and made my connection in BOM with no problems. Despite their troubles, the in-flight service was excellent and they served a really nice dinner (I was in Premier). I have been flying Jet since 2003 - I really hope they can get their act together.

Dinner on Jet Airways
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
Yes, looks like an appetising meal....but would despise myself traveling like a maharaja where staff haven’t received salaries for months...in this fasade of shame & guilt!

Last edited by LH757; Feb 2, 2019 at 1:27 pm
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by LH757
Yes, looks like an appetising meal....but would despise myself traveling like a maharaja where staff haven’t received salaries for months...in this fasade of shame & guilt!
If more Premier pax think like you, the revenues will drop faster, accelerating the decline, demise of 9 W !
Keyser and LH757 like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
EGM due to be held on the 21st: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/67803047.cms
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:48 pm

If it can wait till Feb 21 for this meeting...things are not as dire as we all think ?
Converting loans to equity...where will the shares come from ?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by HMPS
If it can wait till Feb 21 for this meeting...things are not as dire as we all think ?
Converting loans to equity...where will the shares come from ?
I don’t think it’s out by 3 weeks because everybody is chilling and the situation is not dire. It is super very dire... I think they need the time to do the prep work before such an important meeting.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
And to add a bit of fuel to the flames... I occasionally pass by the back side of BOM airport where I see a UB plane parked for the last several several years. For the last few days I’ve seen a couple of 9W aircraft beside that.

Now given how high the walls are and my limited plane spotting abilities I can’t really tell what kind of aircraft they are.,.. but they are in what I call “debtors/collectors corner”. (Play ominous music here)

(Said in Aaj tak tone) Are they 9W aircraft recalled by the lenders or just regular parking spots that 9W used!!!

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Feb 5, 2019 at 12:12 pm
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Seems like a couple of 737s and an A330 as per - https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/bom/ground

I think the 332 was grounded for spare part cannibalization.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Anish
Seems like a couple of 737s and an A330 as per - https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/bom/ground

I don't have a subscription here so I'm going to take your work for it. Didn't look like wide bodies to me... probably 737s.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
And to add a bit of fuel to the flames... I occasionally pass by the back side of BOM airport where I see a UB plane parked for the last several several years. For the last few days I’ve seen a couple of 9W aircraft beside that.

Now given how high the walls are and my limited plane spotting abilities I can’t really tell what kind of aircraft they are.,.. but they are in what I call “debtors/collectors corner”. (Play ominous music here)

(Said in Aaj tak tone) Are they 9W aircraft recalled by the lenders or just regular parking spots that 9W used!!!
Originally Posted by Anish

If you can get the registration numbers ( VT xxxx) you may be able to trace them?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Here you go - http://i64.tinypic.com/zpavl.png
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
9W not paying delayed salaries as per the agreed schedule: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/67867726.cms

Other reports say under the new deal Goyals share will drop to 15%, Etihad will rise to 40%.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:19 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
i have a flight booked for next week and just got a sms saying the first leg of my two leg journey has been cancelled.. not postponed, just flat out cancelled..

So I guess we should start counting down..
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
i have a flight booked for next week and just got a sms saying the first leg of my two leg journey has been cancelled.. not postponed, just flat out cancelled..

So I guess we should start counting down..
which route????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.