Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
If LH757 was scheduled to travel on 9W 330 which departs BOM @ 9:30 PM it can’t be cancelled due to runway closure.

I can’t blame LH757 for being upset and not wanting to wait in BOM overnight. That seems like a painful thing to do.

And every airline in the world is in a sorrier state than they were 21 years ago... it has nothing to do with having a flight cancelled and not getting suitable connection alternatives.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
And it has been so many times a year of BOM RWY closure...

Moreover as per new policy 9W elite members are dishonored for lounge access if flying Y class...

Last edited by LH757; Jan 26, 2019 at 5:59 am
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: Finnair , Marriot Gold
Flew Vistara first time in November. Their business class was really good for a 2 hour flight and the lounge they offer in Delhi beats they international ones as far as food goes. Flying again with them in premium economy and business. What is good is this:

Baggage allowance for International connecting customers

1. Passengers who are connecting to/from Vistara flights and an international interline or codeshare partner of Vistara where the domestic and international flights are on the same booking with the same ticket number, will be permitted the check-in baggage allowance as per what is shown in the ticket. Additional pieces over and above what is shown on the ticket will be chargeable at the rate of INR 8050 per bag/piece (including taxes) across all classes. Excess weight over the free baggage allowance shown on the ticket will be charged at INR 500 per kg (inclusive of taxes).

2. Passengers connecting to/from Vistara and international flights on any airline and where the bookings are on separate tickets with separate ticket numbers may be entitled to a special enhanced baggage allowance based on their fare type and class of travel on Vistara, as long as the incoming or outgoing international connections is within 24 hours of the Vistara flight. All you have to do is present a copy of your international eticket or boarding pass for verification at the time of check-in for your Vistara flight.

· Passengers travelling on Vistara in Business Class on any paid fare will be permitted two check-in bags of up to 32 kg each.

· Passengers travelling on Vistara in Premium Economy on any paid fare will be permitted two check-in bags of up to 23 kg each.

· Passengers travelling Vistara in Economy Class on Standard or Flexi fares will be permitted check-in allowance of 23 kg total. If passenger has booked an Economy Lite fare, the baggage allowance will be 15 kg, 1 piece only.

Passengers travelling on free, courtesy, or frequent flyer redemption tickets will be permitted the free baggage allowance as shown on the ticket. There will be no enhanced allowance for these tickets.

. Passengers connecting to/from Vistara and international flights where the bookings are on separate tickets with separate ticket numbers and the connection is beyond 24 hours of the Vistara flight, the baggage allowance shown on the Vistara ticket will apply.

. Please note that there is only a weight limit and no number of pieces limit on standalone Vistara tickets, except for Economy Lite fares where there is a 1 piece limit in addition to the weight limit. Excess weight over the free baggage allowance is chargeable at INR 500 per kg (inclusive of taxes). Extra pieces for Economy Lite customers will be additionally charged INR 500 (inclusive of taxes) as baggage handling charge.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:47 am

More bad news for 9W after Lessors grounding few 737's

Last edited by LH757; Jan 29, 2019 at 3:57 am
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: Finnair , Marriot Gold
Cash-strapped Jet Airways forced to ground 4 planes over ris ..

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...campaign=cppst
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
9W

Originally Posted by jakas
Cash-strapped Jet Airways forced to ground 4 planes over ris ..

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...campaign=cppst
About two weeks or so ago EY was offering Rs 170 vs market price of Rs 230 to increase its stake to 49 % and Goyel stepping down.

At this rate he has run out of time even though 9W maybe too big to fail and imortant to India's commerce ( at least in the near future).
jakas likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by HMPS
9W maybe too big to fail and imortant to India's commerce ( at least in the near future).
Why do you think this?

My thoughts is with 6E already many times bigger than 9W, I won't even feel it .I will personally more the professionalism of JetJ crew though
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Why do you think this?

My thoughts is with 6E already many times bigger than 9W, I won't even feel it .I will personally more the professionalism of JetJ crew though
Think of how long will it take to gear up for 6E or anyone else to cover what 9 W does ! The Jet fleet will not be available as creditors will want their pond of flesh, cannot interview, recruit, train etc the staff needed, capital to expand so rapidly....and so on...
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:25 am

Indian media appears to be posing a rosy picture or write ‘not as bad as KF still’ on the situation. However, today’s early morning flight to AMD 9W329 / KL3678 was cancelled citing OPR Reasons.....colleague stuck for several hours and rebooked for 9W349 to BDQ followed by 3hr taxi ride to AMD. Entire day wasted...& fed up!

AF/KL & other interline partners should take this situation seriously and even discontinue issuing interline tickets for this unreliable airline.
HMPS likes this.

Last edited by LH757; Jan 30, 2019 at 7:42 am
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: BA executive club Gold, United milage plus Gold
Originally Posted by LH757

AF/KL & other interline partners should take this situation seriously and even discontinue issuing interline tickets for this unreliable airline.
I am booked on Jet today to Mumbai from Chennai connecting with an LX flight (all on one PNR booked through Lufthansa). I called Lufthansa to see if they would preemptively change me to a different Indian carrier but they refused. They will only take action if Jet actually cancels my flight. Now keeping my fingers crossed.

A couple of months ago when I made this booking, I had no idea how perilous Jet's condition had become- will never do this again. For some reason, both United and Lufthansa insist on using Jet for domestic connections when booking from the US.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:49 am

The point is both AI & 9W have serious financial problems and prone to last minute canc./delays.

As you are on a single PNR on an LH ticket they are obliged to provide alternative passage by some other airline/routing.say may be Start Alliance possibilities, etc.to your final destination.

It's time for international carriers to seriously consider 9W credentials and the grandiose ideas of future SkyTeam membership etc....
2sk21 likes this.

Last edited by LH757; Jan 31, 2019 at 2:06 am
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by 2sk21
I had no idea how perilous Jet's condition had become- will never do this again. For some reason, both United and Lufthansa insist on using Jet for domestic connections when booking from the US.
UA & LH codeshare with 9W only (and surprisingly not with AI). 9W cancellations (due to 9W's issues) are not very widespread and frequent as yet. But happening nevertheless. Keep your fingers crossed.
HMPS likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:42 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Lufthansa fares allow air India feeders, BA has started using vistara. Sadly with air India not distributing via Amadeus anymore afkl, BA, lufty and co cannot see air India flights in their systems anymore.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:17 pm

Yups... that’s correct LH & AI code share too. I forgot about that.

Funnily enough... if I’m booking from the AI site I can book AI+LH flights. But from the LH site it is LH+9W and LH+UK!

But OP of course is stuck because the only option available to do BOM-MAA is 9W from BOM on a LH ticket.

If there’s a IIROP would 9W put them on another airlines or say it’s LH’s problem?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 1:42 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
9W can ask AI to take over their pax, LH also can contact their contacts at AI and ask for a transfer, but cannot do it themselves.

In other news, it seems Goyal has caved in: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/67784562.cms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.