Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Reuters reports that lessors are now gearing up to remove the grounded aircraft from India: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-j...-idUSKCN1RH0Q9
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Well technically 9W paid 12.5% of about 85% of the pilots salaries. So that's actually about 10.6% of the pilots salaries. They reduced salaries by 15% last year hence 85% and paid 87.5 of their Dec 18 salaries earlier - so the balance was 12.5%. Did they pay the rest of their staff... probably not.. this was just to delay their strike. The rest they probably used to pay fuel and other bills.

Also vultures aren't just circling... they've swooped in and started tearing up everything. UK, AK and others have already picked up empty slots in BOM. I'm sure 6E, SG etc. will follow. AI won't care.

Who would want to buy the airline now? That thought process is just insane. SBI thinking they can sell this makes them either incredibly stupid or just incapable of working even semi-independently from the govt.
2sk21 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Well technically 9W paid 12.5% of about 85% of the pilots salaries. So that's actually about 10.6% of the pilots salaries. They reduced salaries by 15% last year hence 85% and paid 87.5 of their Dec 18 salaries earlier - so the balance was 12.5%. Did they pay the rest of their staff... probably not.. this was just to delay their strike. The rest they probably used to pay fuel and other bills.

Also vultures aren't just circling... they've swooped in and started tearing up everything. UK, AK and others have already picked up empty slots in BOM. I'm sure 6E, SG etc. will follow. AI won't care.

Who would want to buy the airline now? That thought process is just insane. SBI thinking they can sell this makes them either incredibly stupid or just incapable of working even semi-independently from the govt.
If slots are being sold off, whatever comes back as the " New 9W" will be a start up all over again. Fewer aircraft, less slots, staff reduced.....
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by HMPS
If slots are being sold off, whatever comes back as the " New 9W" will be a start up all over again. Fewer aircraft, less slots, staff reduced.....
Maybe run as a boutique airlines ? only handful of routes where are they are still flying.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
They’re too small to survive with way too much debt to manage. They’ll collapse.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I'm really truly pissed-off at Goyal now - the guy RAPED the airline for his own needs and never bothered to ensure its' survival!!

I'm also sitting on 500,000+ JP miles!
Ouch! That’s a lot of miles collected for them to end up wiped out by 9W insolvency and inevitable shut-down of sorts.

So what’s the over-under on all 9W passenger flights being shut-down completely before the election starts this month?

I have to wonder why any 9W employees would reliably show up to work for 9W at this point since most all of them will almost certainly never get their full wages from the airline.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 5, 2019 at 10:18 am
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:16 am
Suspended

IOC —the government oil sales company — has stopped selling fuel to 9W.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/04/05/...e/?omhide=true

going, going, gone?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 1:33 pm

Anyone want to speculate on the chance that Jet Airways will cease operation in the below time frame?

within the next two weeks? xx%

within the next 30 days? xx%

within the next 60 days? xx%

within the next 180 days? xx%
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, AA Plat 2 MM, Marriott Ambassador & LTP, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Well i am flying them tomorrow - so let’s see how it goes
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:06 pm
Suspended

How cheaply can Tata/Vistara+SIA buy up pieces of 9W?

Acquiring the whole of 9W without 9W’s creditors agreeing to take a massive haircut would seem to be yet another act of gross corporate malfeasance. The Tata board thought the idea was a bad idea several months ago, and since then 9W’s value has only gotten worse as its debt burden has gotten more cumbersome to carry.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Seems like all this so called effort to bail out Jet is just a little pre-election gimmick. They wouldn't want all the negative publicity at this point in time.

i think SBI will hang on only till little past the elections and then pull the plug on the whole deal.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
What benefit woul vistara get from buying bits of jet? They already built an airline on the green field. Integrating anything of jet would be a painful excercise with minimal benefits.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
flew del-bom return yesterday....flight was on time, staff moral seemed ok & it was a pretty uneventful flight....

Last edited by Keyser; Apr 7, 2019 at 6:43 am
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Flew BLR-BOM today (on Air India). I saw one 737 parked in the doghouse with engines covered at BLR. One widebody in a hangar at BOM and 7-8 single aisles parked. One Jet Airways 737 was boarding at BOM. Their HQ is visible from the JW Marriott where I'm at today. I was tempted to walk by, but had other plans. I'd bet that they won't make it past the end of the month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.