Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The 737 fleet is decimated, so the midhaul operated with 737 is on the chopping block. Longhaul to Europe is with 777 and A330... no issues there...
Lessors have started going after the wide-bodies now. The A330 that was doing BOM-MAN has been grounded.

I guess 9W is paying for their planes flying to LHR so far.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by SlimpyJones
9W have apparently closed reservations for BOM-MAN as of 23rd March. Nothing coming up on Google Flights.
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn

Lessors have started going after the wide-bodies now. The A330 that was doing BOM-MAN has been grounded.

In this instance it seems 9W did pull them off the schedule when it became clear it was going to be grounded.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
The plus side of this.... major decongestion at BOM & DEL. Hopefully now flights will be taking off & landing from here on time.

And with all these extra slots opening up players like AK who have been very shy of flying from BOM finally can do that for more reasonable fees.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:20 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN

Or the aircraft was due to get a line check this week and Jet doesn't have any line of credit with the MRO provider anymore.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:35 pm

Strong rumours they will be pulling one of the three bom-lhr flights by end of the month.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Loooks like Spicejet, which just pulled back from the brink of bk, is taking over some pieces of 9W:

The proposal involves SpiceJet, led by Chairman Ajay Singh, acquiring as many as 40 of Jet Airways’ grounded planes that are owned by lessors, one of the people said, asking not to be identified as discussions are preliminary.
economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/68506748.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medi um=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Nearly 260 Jet Airways’ pilots, who fly the Boeing 737, appeared for an interview conducted by low cost carrier SpiceJet in Mumbai on Wednesday. Among the pilots were 150 captains.
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/68508094.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medi um=text&utm_campaign=cppst
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:37 pm

Here is an article that shed some information about the Jet Airways. simpleflying(dot)com/can-jet-airways-be-saved/

Replace the dot with . and add www before the link, as posting links is not allowed to the newbies.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:51 pm

KWI, DAK,HKG cancelled. 1 LHR (of 3) getting cancelled.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:24 am

Indigo has started hiring 9W pilots to train them on the A320s:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/68515649.cms

Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Indigo has started hiring 9W pilots to train them on the A320s:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/68515649.cms

If this is true (I mean it could be they were interviewed and an offer was made?), surely this means death of Jet Airways as well. Even if they get funding, that would be just clear up past dues. And on that topic, why would any lender give them money just to clear up past dues and then close shop ? Bankruptcy leading to liquidation (or Indian equivalent) would be the only realistic option at this stage, maybe Etihad saw that and walked away. Sure - Etihad would have to take a hit, but the other option would have been put up more money and then take the hit.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
1 LHR (of 3) getting cancelled.
from where????del or bom????
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
from where????del or bom????
BOM.

DEL has only 1 flight to LHR.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
BOM.

DEL has only 1 flight to LHR.
got it....i thought you meant one flight to lhr was getting cancelled so wasn't sure if it was the one from del or one of the bom ones....

any idea which bom flight????i'm scheduled to fly bom-lhr on 9w 120 in another couple of weeks....
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
got it....i thought you meant one flight to lhr was getting cancelled so wasn't sure if it was the one from del or one of the bom ones....

any idea which bom flight????i'm scheduled to fly bom-lhr on 9w 120 in another couple of weeks....
Most likely 9w115 and it's corresponding pair from the other side.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: Mariott SE, HH, SPG SE, LT S, 9W BP
I'd hate for 9W to go under but the market forces can be brutal. Not impressed with how EY dilly dallied and then walked away when they clearly knew their position long before the announcement was made

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.