Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Adding non-AI FF number to AI booking ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adding non-AI FF number to AI booking ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: SK*D
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
No bugs required. AI has gone back to allowing you to enter other airlines FFP details at the time of booking. I don't have an active booking with them so I can't check if they allow you to add it to an existing reservation. I suspect they would now (but with AI there's no telling!).
This only works when you are booking directly on their website or app. And it still doesn't allow you to change your FFP number after booking. Changes can only be made at check-in. In fact, AI's website backend doesn't even accept SAS' FFP numbers for their highest tier (Diamond), which begin with "EBD", and they have to be manually added by the check in agent.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
In Firefox you can start an editor mode if you press ctrl+shift+c. Click on the editor and then select the drop down boxes.
Does it work for existing bookings ? I went to my bookings and started editor mode but only AI can be seen on the drop down box. Help please

Last edited by lento; Sep 20, 2019 at 12:28 pm
Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by RanChin
This only works when you are booking directly on their website or app. And it still doesn't allow you to change your FFP number after booking. Changes can only be made at check-in. In fact, AI's website backend doesn't even accept SAS' FFP numbers for their highest tier (Diamond), which begin with "EBD", and they have to be manually added by the check in agent.
The way it works is: DURING BOOKING: you select your program from the drop down list, and, add ONLY your membership number in the blank field provided (without airline code or SK status designator). For example: in the drop-down, you'd select SAS' program Eurobonus, and in the 'BLANK' field, you'd enter just your frequent flyer number '123456789'. This usually works for me, and, on your AI boarding pass, you should see SK*G if the status has registered correctly.

AFAIK, AI (and any other *A carrier, except your home carrier SAS), will NOT be able to identify separately if you are EBG or EBD. For *A carriers (other than your home carrier SAS, of course), all it matters is if you are *S (EBS, I presume) or if you are *G (EBG, EBD, Pandion, etc.), and in that, I have found that AI usually does a decent job. Of course, YMMV.

So, remember, DROP-DOWN LIST: Select ONLY your program SAS EB; 'BLANK' field: enter ONLY your FFN.

Of course, the above is just my experience with AI over the years. If anyone has had a different experience, please share. Also, I believe, during online check-in you can add / edit your FFP / FFN.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by RanChin
Tiers don't matter... and you don't put in :"EBD" in any FFP form... just the FFP# like 111111111 or whatever that might be. AI will look it up and know you're *G or *S or a nobody. Also, almost nobody allows you to change FFPs after you've entered it once till the check-in time. AI is of course more restrictive in not allowing other *A FFPs to be entered even once.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
...and you don't put in :"EBD" in any FFP form... just the FFP# like 111111111 or whatever that might be. AI will look it up and know you're *G or *S or a nobody.
Haha not at all true. I don't know about other programs, but SK FFP requires you to add the three-character prefix while booking, no matter what the airline is. I've booked tickets on airline websites as well as OTAs and regular travel agents and the prefix is 100% required, and the system will simply not accept a solely numeric FFP number.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 8:33 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by lento
Does it work for existing bookings ? I went to my bookings and started editor mode but only AI can be seen on the drop down box. Help please
You have to change the option value from Air.AI to Air.YY in the code behind the dropdown (YY= two letter code of the airline FFP), the the system takes the FFP number. Of course it won't display it properly...

SAS EB numbers are a science to themselves Non SAS reservations usually work only with the number.
flyalways likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You have to change the option value from Air.AI to Air.YY in the code behind the dropdown (YY= two letter code of the airline FFP), the the system takes the FFP number. Of course it won't display it properly...

SAS EB numbers are a science to themselves Non SAS reservations usually work only with the number.
Great ! It worked. Thank you.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by leonidas
I bought a ticket few days ago directly from AI website. The website did have a dropout menu option for adding my UA FFP#. However, the ticket confirmation which then came by email didn't show any FFP#.

It now doesn't show when I load the booking on AI website, but shows on the AI app (with my UA status).
I am busted. AI seems to play the same isiot game as TK with spelling characters. I have a scandinavian letter in my name and now AI does not want to accept my FFP, so I am busted with star gold benefits. Okay this will be my first and last flight with them.
I hate this so much.

Just to confirm for others, I read the whole thread and followed the advicea here. I could enter non-AI FFP dueing booking but it was not visible anywhere, so either it is the glitch or then it did not stick due to my name spelling issue.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
I am busted. AI seems to play the same isiot game as TK with spelling characters. I have a scandinavian letter in my name and now AI does not want to accept my FFP, so I am busted with star gold benefits. Okay this will be my first and last flight with them.
I hate this so much.

Just to confirm for others, I read the whole thread and followed the advicea here. I could enter non-AI FFP dueing booking but it was not visible anywhere, so either it is the glitch or then it did not stick due to my name spelling issue.

Nope, that's just a glitch on their system. Plus your *G benefits don't just disappear. You still have a *G card that you can show during check in to get *G benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.