FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Adding non-AI FF number to AI booking ?
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:26 am
AvidFlyer1990

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by RanChin
This only works when you are booking directly on their website or app. And it still doesn't allow you to change your FFP number after booking. Changes can only be made at check-in. In fact, AI's website backend doesn't even accept SAS' FFP numbers for their highest tier (Diamond), which begin with "EBD", and they have to be manually added by the check in agent.
The way it works is: DURING BOOKING: you select your program from the drop down list, and, add ONLY your membership number in the blank field provided (without airline code or SK status designator). For example: in the drop-down, you'd select SAS' program Eurobonus, and in the 'BLANK' field, you'd enter just your frequent flyer number '123456789'. This usually works for me, and, on your AI boarding pass, you should see SK*G if the status has registered correctly.

AFAIK, AI (and any other *A carrier, except your home carrier SAS), will NOT be able to identify separately if you are EBG or EBD. For *A carriers (other than your home carrier SAS, of course), all it matters is if you are *S (EBS, I presume) or if you are *G (EBG, EBD, Pandion, etc.), and in that, I have found that AI usually does a decent job. Of course, YMMV.

So, remember, DROP-DOWN LIST: Select ONLY your program SAS EB; 'BLANK' field: enter ONLY your FFN.

Of course, the above is just my experience with AI over the years. If anyone has had a different experience, please share. Also, I believe, during online check-in you can add / edit your FFP / FFN.