Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GuyFromBOM
AI-FR FAQs

Flight Ops
  • All Air India flights in the range AI10 - AI399 and AI900 - AI999 operate from International terminals.
  • At BOM - CSIA, all Air India flights (domestic and international) operate from International Terminal : T2 - with effect from October 1, 2015
  • At AMD - Ahmedabad SVP Airport, all Air India flights operate from International Terminal : T2- including flight AI614.
  • Check-in desks close 45 minutes before STD (Domestic flights)
  • Check-in desks close 60 minutes before STD (Domestic flights operating from International Terminal) (For International flights refer to the copy of eticket)
  • AirIndia Express is the LCC subsidary of AI (all Y seating) and doesn't have FFP concept in their systems.
  • All flights operating under 9I-xxxx series or AI 9xxx are operated by AirIndia Regional (aka Alliance Air - subsidary of AI). FFP benefits: Mileage Earning Only- NO REDEMPTION.

AI - Web Check-In
  • Web Check-In facility is available for most AI operated flights (except flights operated by 9I) from 48 hours prior to departure.
  • Web Check-In on Mobile

Baggage Info
  • AI-FR members get excess baggage allowance of 10kgs (Silver Club), 20kgs (Gold & Maharaja Club) OR 1 piece (upto 23kgs / 50lbs) for Silver, Gold & Maharaja Club members.
  • StarAlliance Gold members flying on AI flights, get excess baggage allowance of 20kgs OR 1 piece (upto 23kgs / 50lbs).
  • AI Baggage Allowance

Air India - Flying Returns FFP

FFP - Earning

FFP - Redemption

Contact Details

Membership Kit Related
  • Contact the Membership Kit dispatch team on +91 (0)22 61342252 (Monday to Friday between 10:00 to 17:00) or send an email to: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

AirIndia - FlyingReturns

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2023, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
they've removed family pooling... does anyone know if that still works if it was setup earlier? I can't see any place to manage it though.
I think that's still there but you have to now call to get info on it.
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 8:24 am

So after many years AI sent out the Flying Returns cards and upgrade vouchers.

Though I'm not a fan of the Tata logo everywhere, definitely a drastic improvement over the past. Everything from the quality of the printing, the material for the vouchers and the envelopes / letter etc and the FFP card itself a million miles better than what used to be.

I've been Maharaja Club for several years and not once has it made any difference in anything as far as Air India was concerned. Many other airlines (LX, AC, SQ) have actually treated me better on account of my AI status than AI itself!

So if this makes any difference in the actual travel experience on AI remains to be seen!

9W73H and Keyser like this.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 2:05 pm

Programs: AI Flying Returns Gold
I recently had a birthday and AI called me up the first thing in the morning to wish me "Happy Birthday". I thought it was really nice of them to do that.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 9:51 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I was a TMC for a few years till about 8 years ago. It's a shame they've removed the Maharaja image from "The Maharaja Club", but the new card design does look very nice. I also noticed the unnecessary SBI shilling on the welcome letter.

Overall though, this isn't like SQ's PPS or UA's GS. 75k miles shouldn't warrant any extra special treatment and nor does AI make that kind of promise. The only thing AI had stated at that time was "Special/exclusive invitations & offers" or something to that effect that nobody ever got. The first AI "offer" I received was a few months ago for some discount to buy Adidas shoes!
Old Sep 5, 2023, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jasepl
So after many years AI sent out the Flying Returns cards and upgrade vouchers.
Have not received mine yet. But that is probably because I moved last year & I just realised my Flying Returns account still has my old address. Will need to get that changed.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 8:59 am

And I just realised they haven't even changed the logo to reflect their new branding! The card just showed up yesterday and still has the old sarkari AI logo. As does the website and the mobile app etc!

...shouldn't warrant any extra special treatment and nor does AI make that kind of promise....
O I agree. Nothing's warranted. And maybe I could have worded it better. I didn't mean AI has treated me poorly. Just that the TMC status with AI over the years hasn't made a blind bit of difference to anyone at AI. Not the phone people, not the check-in people, not the cabin crew.

I meant to compare something like a "welcome and thank you for being a loyal customer" bla bla bla. Even on LX and AC long-haul flights, they come up and say something. Not on AI. I'm not complaining, just an observation.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 9:51 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by jasepl
And I just realised they haven't even changed the logo to reflect their new branding! The card just showed up yesterday and still has the old sarkari AI logo. As does the website and the mobile app etc!

O I agree. Nothing's warranted. And maybe I could have worded it better. I didn't mean AI has treated me poorly. Just that the TMC status with AI over the years hasn't made a blind bit of difference to anyone at AI. Not the phone people, not the check-in people, not the cabin crew.

I meant to compare something like a "welcome and thank you for being a loyal customer" bla bla bla. Even on LX and AC long-haul flights, they come up and say something. Not on AI. I'm not complaining, just an observation.
New branding roll out hasn't started yet.

What does LX and AC say/do?

I think I would be shocked especially if the sarkari AI ever came and said "thank you for being a loyal customer"! I've been *G with SQ for the past 7-8 years and they've haven't ever cared/acknowledged it in any way that I can remember. I have seen them fawn over PPS though as I have seen UA over GS... but they've pretty much ignored 1K folks (both GS & 1K were my colleagues).
Old Sep 6, 2023, 2:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
What does LX and AC say/do?
In LH/LX/UA/AC the pursers/MdC come around the cabin on longhaul flights (sometimes on other flights) and welcome their elites and *G. I've even had that on 'sarkari' CA on SHA-CAN where the purser handed me a english newspaper and a bottle of water as part of her welcome.
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
In LH/LX/UA/AC the pursers/MdC come around the cabin on longhaul flights (sometimes on other flights) and welcome their elites and *G. I've even had that on 'sarkari' CA on SHA-CAN where the purser handed me a english newspaper and a bottle of water as part of her welcome.
As someone who's probably flown somewhere between 200-300 times at least on UA mostly in Y but on many occasions in J longhaul from India, I've never got that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.