Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Tata Sons & SQ to launch India based airline [Vistara][merged]

Tata Sons & SQ to launch India based airline [Vistara][merged]

Old Dec 10, 14, 5:14 am
  #91  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BOM-SIN-EWR
Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Posts: 7,917
Any pix of cabin interiors yet?
SuperFlyBoy is offline  
Old Dec 10, 14, 9:44 pm
  #92  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: VABB
Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Posts: 723
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Any pix of cabin interiors yet?
They don't want to reveal their config details, hence, it's not in circulation.
GuyFromBOM is offline  
Old Dec 11, 14, 12:11 am
  #93  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BOM-SIN-EWR
Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Posts: 7,917
Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM View Post
They don't want to reveal their config details, hence, it's not in circulation.
It's not like they are building The Residence on board like Etihad...

Even they released info beforehand!
SuperFlyBoy is offline  
Old Dec 11, 14, 2:11 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Delhi, India
Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
Posts: 271
This link suggests a 148 seat config. http://www.business-standard.com/art...0100951_1.html

Unconfirmed info i recd from a DEL T3 source who claims to have been onboard: 12J, 36 Y+, 108Y. IFE equipment was being tested, but i find that hard to believe (IFE).

Common in both versions is that there is 6 rows of a Y+ type product with 34-36" legroom. Interesting how this will pan out!
ashishp is offline  
Old Dec 11, 14, 2:27 am
  #95  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: European: ZRH, Asian: SIN
Posts: 8,431
Crazy times, in which something with 34'' is called Y+..

Back in the days (and still on some airlines) that was Y, simple Y..
YuropFlyer is offline  
Old Dec 11, 14, 4:40 am
  #96  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Exile
Posts: 14,860
The Y+ seats are actually quite comfortable. I'd pay a little extra to sit on those for a short flight.
B747-437B is offline  
Old Dec 11, 14, 7:58 am
  #97  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 160
I wonder how many will pay extra for Y+ in India. If your company pays Business for you - you would travel there. If you have to pay for your own ticket - you would pay Y fare. Dont know who is the target audience for this. Or maybe they will have a auto-upgrade thing for FF.
ethanhunt123 is offline  
Old Dec 17, 14, 10:57 pm
  #98  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Goa, India
Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Posts: 999
One step closer!

Vistara gets flying permit, to announce schedule soon
Anish is offline  
Old Dec 18, 14, 5:34 pm
  #99  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 92,057
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I wonder how many will pay extra for Y+ in India. If your company pays Business for you - you would travel there. If you have to pay for your own ticket - you would pay Y fare. Dont know who is the target audience for this. Or maybe they will have a auto-upgrade thing for FF.
There is an element in India that doesn't want to be in the same class as "the help" but doesn't want to pay for business class fares; they may want to pay a bit of a premium to get away from the hoi polloi but not as large a premium as for business class.
GUWonder is online now  
Old Dec 19, 14, 4:33 am
  #100  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: India
Programs: Shangri-La Jade, Best Western Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 879
Originally Posted by B747-437B View Post
The Y+ seats are actually quite comfortable. I'd pay a little extra to sit on those for a short flight.
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I wonder how many will pay extra for Y+ in India. If your company pays Business for you - you would travel there. If you have to pay for your own ticket - you would pay Y fare. Dont know who is the target audience for this. Or maybe they will have a auto-upgrade thing for FF.
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
There is an element in India that doesn't want to be in the same class as "the help" but doesn't want to pay for business class fares; they may want to pay a bit of a premium to get away from the hoi polloi but not as large a premium as for business class.
I did it! Booked a Y+/W fare on the inaugural flight.
Though the reason behind it was only the novelty factor and this being my first inaugural flight in any form, so I may not be the audience they are looking for Y+ in the long run !
deovrat is offline  
Old Dec 19, 14, 5:59 am
  #101  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ahmedabad, INDIA
Programs: Blasť..
Posts: 174
Impressive Website - Steep Fares

Just checked www.airvistara.com and I must say an impressive website

Screened AMD-DEL/BOM fares and first impression is they are around 20-30% higher for each date compared to other full service carriers - Jet/AI.

Not sure what prompts them for such a steep pricing - I agree they are positioning themselves for the uber rich class and stands on enhancing the experience but 30%?

Any thoughts?
Bioflyer is offline  
Old Dec 19, 14, 6:21 am
  #102  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 27,529
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
I did it! Booked a Y+/W fare on the inaugural flight.
Though the reason behind it was only the novelty factor and this being my first inaugural flight in any form, so I may not be the audience they are looking for Y+ in the long run !
good job....^^

now we look forward to a trip report with lots of pictures....
Keyser is offline  
Old Dec 19, 14, 6:27 am
  #103  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 39,573
This seems to be their Y+ product:

oliver2002 is offline  
Old Dec 19, 14, 6:32 am
  #104  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ahmedabad, INDIA
Programs: Blasť..
Posts: 174
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
This seems to be their Y+ product:

This seems to be their Economy - Premium Economy has head rest covers with "Premium Economy" written on them - Alas that's what I understood from the very few advertorial pictures from their website....Correct me if otherwise?
Bioflyer is offline  
Old Dec 19, 14, 7:33 am
  #105  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: India
Programs: Shangri-La Jade, Best Western Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 879
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
good job....^^

now we look forward to a trip report with lots of pictures....
Hope to post it within a day or two of the inaugural flight !
deovrat is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: