Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Tata Sons & SQ to launch India based airline [Vistara][merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tata Sons & SQ to launch India based airline [Vistara][merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:14 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Any pix of cabin interiors yet?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Any pix of cabin interiors yet?
They don't want to reveal their config details, hence, it's not in circulation.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
They don't want to reveal their config details, hence, it's not in circulation.
It's not like they are building The Residence on board like Etihad...

Even they released info beforehand!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:11 am

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
This link suggests a 148 seat config. http://www.business-standard.com/art...0100951_1.html

Unconfirmed info i recd from a DEL T3 source who claims to have been onboard: 12J, 36 Y+, 108Y. IFE equipment was being tested, but i find that hard to believe (IFE).

Common in both versions is that there is 6 rows of a Y+ type product with 34-36" legroom. Interesting how this will pan out!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:27 am

Crazy times, in which something with 34'' is called Y+..

Back in the days (and still on some airlines) that was Y, simple Y..
Old Dec 11, 2014, 3:40 am

The Y+ seats are actually quite comfortable. I'd pay a little extra to sit on those for a short flight.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:58 am

I wonder how many will pay extra for Y+ in India. If your company pays Business for you - you would travel there. If you have to pay for your own ticket - you would pay Y fare. Dont know who is the target audience for this. Or maybe they will have a auto-upgrade thing for FF.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
One step closer!

Vistara gets flying permit, to announce schedule soon
Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
I wonder how many will pay extra for Y+ in India. If your company pays Business for you - you would travel there. If you have to pay for your own ticket - you would pay Y fare. Dont know who is the target audience for this. Or maybe they will have a auto-upgrade thing for FF.
There is an element in India that doesn't want to be in the same class as "the help" but doesn't want to pay for business class fares; they may want to pay a bit of a premium to get away from the hoi polloi but not as large a premium as for business class.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:33 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by B747-437B
The Y+ seats are actually quite comfortable. I'd pay a little extra to sit on those for a short flight.
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
Originally Posted by GUWonder
There is an element in India that doesn't want to be in the same class as "the help" but doesn't want to pay for business class fares; they may want to pay a bit of a premium to get away from the hoi polloi but not as large a premium as for business class.
I did it! Booked a Y+/W fare on the inaugural flight.
Though the reason behind it was only the novelty factor and this being my first inaugural flight in any form, so I may not be the audience they are looking for Y+ in the long run !
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:59 am

Programs: Blasé..
Impressive Website - Steep Fares

Just checked www.airvistara.com and I must say an impressive website

Screened AMD-DEL/BOM fares and first impression is they are around 20-30% higher for each date compared to other full service carriers - Jet/AI.

Not sure what prompts them for such a steep pricing - I agree they are positioning themselves for the uber rich class and stands on enhancing the experience but 30%?

Any thoughts?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by deovrat
I did it! Booked a Y+/W fare on the inaugural flight.
Though the reason behind it was only the novelty factor and this being my first inaugural flight in any form, so I may not be the audience they are looking for Y+ in the long run !
good job....^^

now we look forward to a trip report with lots of pictures....
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
This seems to be their Y+ product:

Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:32 am

Programs: Blasé..
Originally Posted by oliver2002
This seems to be their Y+ product:

This seems to be their Economy - Premium Economy has head rest covers with "Premium Economy" written on them - Alas that's what I understood from the very few advertorial pictures from their website....Correct me if otherwise?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
good job....^^

now we look forward to a trip report with lots of pictures....
Hope to post it within a day or two of the inaugural flight !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.