Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India announces Australia non-stop

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India announces Australia non-stop

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
The AI J seat on the 787 is pretty decent for sleep. However, IRRoPS will be frequent on such a new plane.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
The AI J seat on the 787 is pretty decent for sleep. However, IRRoPS will be frequent on such a new plane.

I want to give them and the 787 a chance but there's too many negatives with all things combined here.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 6:43 pm
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
It's not that bad on the 787. In the last 3 months I can recall only 2-3 instances of flight delays due technical reason on the 787 fleet. There are more than that on any other aircraft/airline. None of the flights were cancelled. I am taking the Australia flight in January.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:36 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
What's it like on board in J on a long haul flight with AI?
I've read TR's of kids just running around with no control from parents and cabin crew being indifferent to it all (in Y). I can't believe it's that bad but just looking for some feedback. I want it nice and quiet in J. It's a long old flight to Aus from the UK
Old Aug 1, 2013, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
It's not that bad on the 787. In the last 3 months I can recall only 2-3 instances of flight delays due technical reason on the 787 fleet. There are more than that on any other aircraft/airline. None of the flights were cancelled. I am taking the Australia flight in January.
"Flight delays" isn't really the issue when you talk about the 787.

Originally Posted by The Telegraph
June 2, 2013 – JAL finds problem with air pressure sensor that detects overheating in one of its Dreamliners.

June 23, 2013 – United Airlines flight makes emergency landing at Houston due to problems with its brake system.

July 12, 2013 – fire breaks out on an empty Ethiopian Airlines 787 at Heathrow, forcing the airport to temporarily close. Investigation finds fire was caused by lithium-manganese dioxide batteries powering an emergency locator transmitter.

July 18, 2013 – JAL Dreamliner flight from Boston aborted “due to a maintenance message (fuel pump) indicator”.

July 22, 2013 – Qatar Airways confirms grounding on a 787 due to problems with an electrical panel.

July 24, 2013 – oven overheats on Air India flight, prompting investigation.

July 26, 2013 – ANA finds damage to battery wiring on two Dreamliner emergency beacons, the same device suspected of causing fire at Heathrow.

July 27, 2013 - United Airlines also discovers problem with emergency beacon.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 3:57 am
Used to be shahadil

And you think such problems don't happen on other aircrafts operating around the world? I agree the Ethiopian fire was a one of case. But pump failures and sensor issues are an everyday occurrence around the world. The travelling public never finds out about them and the issues never get reported.
The 787 unfortunately has become a little high profile and hence even a minor issue gets reported as if its a huge thing. These aircraft sat on the ground for a very long time and hence a few items might have "rusted" a bit. As they start flying and being used the faulty equipment will be detected slowly , replaced and eventually these issues will cease to exist.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
finally....they have been talking about this route forever....have tons of ai miles i can use on this route....
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: EK Skywards Blue, 9W Blue, LH
Anyone think they'll attract good Kangaroo Route business?
Old Aug 4, 2013, 7:37 am
Used to be shahadil

Originally Posted by Keyser
finally....they have been talking about this route forever....have tons of ai miles i can use on this route....
Am looking at redeeming miles too. They opened the booking on the website 3 days back but still haven't opened up redemption I believe. Wonder how many miles will it be.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Am looking at redeeming miles too. They opened the booking on the website 3 days back but still haven't opened up redemption I believe. Wonder how many miles will it be.
i'm wondering that too....nothing available at the moment....
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:02 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Private Pyle
The fares are very tempting in J but the 787 is putting me off a little along with the fact I can't find any decent TR's on AI in J on the 787.
How much is the fare? Last I checked on Cleartrip (a few weeks ago now), AI was a bit more than CX on that route.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Does anyone know how they are planning on utilizing the aircraft's on this route? It leaves at 1300 but gets back at 1800 next day. So what aircraft leaves at 1300 the next day and where do they use the one that gets in at 1800?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 4:05 am
Used to be shahadil

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Does anyone know how they are planning on utilizing the aircraft's on this route? It leaves at 1300 but gets back at 1800 next day. So what aircraft leaves at 1300 the next day and where do they use the one that gets in at 1800?
They need 2 787's to operate the route. Te first one goes and gets back and after landing in delhi can be utilised on some other route. Maybe Hong Kong if it starts by then. Whereas the 2nd 787 does it the next day.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
They need 2 787's to operate the route. Te first one goes and gets back and after landing in delhi can be utilised on some other route. Maybe Hong Kong if it starts by then. Whereas the 2nd 787 does it the next day.
I know that I was wondering if anyone knew which route the second one would be used on.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 2:11 pm
Used to be shahadil

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I know that I was wondering if anyone knew which route the second one would be used on.
i can let you know when it starts....or maybe a day before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.