Wiki Posts
Search

Optiontown.com on AI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive club Gold ,Skywards
Optiontown.com on AI

Hi , I have been sent an email from Optiontown.com which included my full AI intinery and offering me a paid for upgrade of 4500INR . Are they a legitimate company and does anyone know if they are connected to AI ?
Many thanks
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:23 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Originally Posted by jasensteve
Hi , I have been sent an email from Optiontown.com which included my full AI intinery and offering me a paid for upgrade of 4500INR . Are they a legitimate company and does anyone know if they are connected to AI ?
Many thanks
I've used this only once back in 2010 jan on a Kingfisher BOM-DEL flight.. upgrade cleared as promised..
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:25 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Many thanks
What route was this?

Wow - this is really cool - could be cheaper than AI's own upgrade option, with advance notification and zero hassles at the airport, as it is at present! ^

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Oct 18, 2012 at 2:37 am
Old Oct 18, 2012, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
What route was this?

Wow - this is really cool - could be cheaper than AI's own upgrade option, with advance notification and zero hassles at the airport, as it is at present! ^
I wont be so quick to jump on the no hassles part.. I believe that this is only space constrained after the airline has finished giving out its upgrades... So you wouldnt know if your upgraded till you check-in/gate.. I havent used it since 2010 as mentioned but these were the terms told to me then.. I was offered the UG for 1247 rupees then on the day of the travel..one way fare purchased was 3250 so worked out well
Old Oct 18, 2012, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Many thanks
optiontown is legit....i have used their service a few times....i didn't know they were offering upgrade options on ai....really good to know....
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive club Gold ,Skywards
Hey Guys thanks for all your replies . Dont know if its best to use this option or use AI "get up front" option . My flight is BOM-Goa
Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:42 am

Hey Guys thanks for all your replies . Dont know if its best to use this option or use AI "get up front" option . My flight is BOM-Goa
Short flight.. I wouldnt spend 4500 on it..
Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by galaticos
Short flight.. I wouldnt spend 4500 on it..
i agree....no point spending extra on such a short flight....
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I've been getting OptionTown emails for most of my AI flights since probably October or November...

They generally aren't a very good value.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:06 am
Suspended

Many thanks
I would be concerned about how otoiontown got a hold of your itinerary. Did you book it from a third party site? If they are disclosing yor itinerary to another party, what else is being compromised?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
There used to be some cracking deals with Kingfisher.

Best example was my dad. He purchased a cheap Y ticket for lhr-BOM run for about £350....upgraded the return portion for another 300.

This was before kingfisher only allowed upgrades on expensive Y fares which made option town a not so good deal.

Glad to hear that Air India have got a deal with Option town but in all reality, this is something Air India should be able to handle in house.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP HH GOLD EY GOLD
So guys what shall you do when Optiontown ends an email for Air India itinerary and the flight is all economy, like flt 472 from Bom-Del via UDR. I've already selected 2C but it seems shoddy that they are offering something that doesn't even exist
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:56 pm
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
looking at the winter schedule i can confirm to you that the aircraft is an old 320 with all economy seating, however trying to book a seat on the flight on any date past 4th nov (thats the date when this flight is being separated from jdh) it is showing availability in executive and showing equipment as a 319. on that particualr day what equipment you end up having is pretty dicey because i have been seeing lots of last mimute equipment change lately. speaking to a commercial guy in bbi once, i had asked him what did they do when the business class pax shows up with business ticket on an all economy a/c, he had said that they give them the first 2/5 rows as applicable, keep the middle seat empty and he also mentioned that they provide with an upgrade voucher for use on next flight.

i know of later instances where the first row and middle seat empty was followed, however, i am not aware of any other instance of upgrade voucher.

with all the old 320's converted to all economy, they have managed to get more seats, however with IT not flying, i think its not worth it to convert so many a/c's to all economy. atleast 2 rows of J should be there. am aware of a lot of sectors where there is no J traffic, but knowing how air india does its movement of a/c invariably a/c end up on sectors with strong J requirement and no seats.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP HH GOLD EY GOLD
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
looking at the winter schedule i can confirm to you that the aircraft is an old 320 with all economy seating, however trying to book a seat on the flight on any date past 4th nov (thats the date when this flight is being separated from jdh) it is showing availability in executive and showing equipment as a 319.
Oh Air India never disappoints, now the flight I ticketed over weekend AI472 for Nov 12 is not even on schedule, and they have put me on 442 which does have J.

They have not reissued it yet so I'll wait.

Do you think I can get on AI660 leaving at 17:00 as its non-stop by calling AI?
Thanks!

Last edited by DELANRDFW; Oct 29, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:58 pm
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
ahan, no wonder that was showing 319. this flight was supposed to start from 4th nov. now i guess they are not separating jodhpur and udaipur after all. every schdeule they come out with a couple of these new flights on paper, open bookings for them then realise they cant manage the schedule and revert back to old schedule. have been seeing this for so long now. 442 is a 319 with J via IXU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.