Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Optiontown.com on AI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
You do paint a vivid picture! And one that helps put even more ideas in my head.
That better involve that item performance and a videowallah!
Old Jan 4, 2013, 6:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Seriously though, go with the OT option, as that will likely be confirmed earlier and more reliable.
Did that just now. Buggers bumped up the price by another 2€ Your damaka and elephant reception better be worth 22€!
Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:04 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Did that just now. Buggers bumped up the price by another 2€ Your damaka and elephant reception better be worth 22€!
See wasn't that easy! Now you can sleep easily all the way to CCU!

And am just ordering 22 euros worth of gandae ki phool now! Probably be a truck load worth, given how the INR is moving!
Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jasepl
That better involve that item performance and a videowallah!
^^
Old Jan 4, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I'm already imaging my ordeal in T3 on arrival:

First find a transfer checkin desk:

AI cronie: sir, you flight is in 6-7 hours, go away
I: but I have connecting ticket on AI, the luggage is already tagged by LH, see?
AI: no sir, please go away and go to domestic side
I: but they won't let me in departure only 3h advance allowed, no?
AI: OK, OK, give me your ticket, I'll take the luggage
I: can I also have a paid upgrade? (pull oout website printout)
AI: sir, we don't give upgrade
I: but I want to pay
AI: sir go away your flight is in 6-7h
rinse repeat etc etc

In the meantime AJs welcome cttee is waiting, the elephant is soiling the street and various officials are collecting cash from AJ because he is blocking everything
I see your point. 4 hours prior to departure is the earliest they are likely to deal with you.

Also, you need to go to the international side, not the domestic side. Your flight number begins with a 0.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Hmm....

Thank you for using UTO. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with an upgrade for your flight AI20 New Delhi - Kolkata
Seatmap is still wide open. Oh well, 20€ saved, will have to argue with the AI agent...
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
I see your point. 4 hours prior to departure is the earliest they are likely to deal with you.

Also, you need to go to the international side, not the domestic side. Your flight number begins with a 0.
In Delhi T3, there is a poster / hoarding saying for AI Flights with D printed in the boarding pass, the flight leaves from International Side.

Shouldn't it be the other way around (D as it stands for Domestic).

At least in Delhi, Since all of AI operates from Same terminal, there is Not much issues, I can only imagine what would happen in BOM
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:19 am

Hmm....

Seatmap is still wide open. Oh well, 20€ saved, will have to argue with the AI agent...
4/18 occupied, and C4 D4 J4 Z3 Y9.

I'd say your chances are good. The DEL AI checkin setup seems reasonable. Oh, and the new domestic Maharaja Lounge is open now, and looked quite nice and spacious when I walked past it yesterday.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Whizkid
In Delhi T3, there is a poster / hoarding saying for AI Flights with D printed in the boarding pass, the flight leaves from International Side.

Shouldn't it be the other way around (D as it stands for Domestic).

At least in Delhi, Since all of AI operates from Same terminal, there is Not much issues, I can only imagine what would happen in BOM
The D gets printed to let immigration know that you aren't actually leaving the country...

However, the webcheckin system screws up and puts a D on all boarding passes, so at DEL, AI needs to reprint your boarding pass always.
4/18 occupied, and C4 D4 J4 Z3 Y9.

I'd say your chances are good. The DEL AI checkin setup seems reasonable. Oh, and the new domestic Maharaja Lounge is open now, and looked quite nice and spacious when I walked past it yesterday.
The flight departs from the international side, not the domestic side...
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:17 am

The flight departs from the international side, not the domestic side...
Ah yes of course, the AI magic! Easier at DEL where both terminals are in the same building, as opposed to say the mess at BOM!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:01 am

Ah yes of course, the AI magic! Easier at DEL where both terminals are in the same building, as opposed to say the mess at BOM!
no - my point was responding to your comment about the AI lounge. On the international side, AI actually sends pax to the Delhi Daredevils bar, which is absolutely terrible. At the very least, AI should send pax to the Plaza until construction finishes on its own lounge...
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:32 am

no - my point was responding to your comment about the AI lounge. On the international side, AI actually sends pax to the Delhi Daredevils bar, which is absolutely terrible. At the very least, AI should send pax to the Plaza until construction finishes on its own lounge...
Do they send their international F pax to the Daredevils lounge too? If so, that is really poor!!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:31 am

The upgrade thing was a total farce... especially on the 'international' domestic flights more later
Old Oct 25, 2013, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Thanks to utter boredom while waiting for the reporting to give the green light so I can start my monthly reports I just looked at the UTo option for my AI domestic segments. Optiontown is asking for 2+103€ to upgrade the domestic segments of my trip. (Funny, the all Y A320 to BOM is also offered :P)

Now walk up upgrades in India are 6000INR plus tax (4.9%??) ie about 6300 INR as per info here: http://www.airindia.com/SBCMS/Webpag...1.aspx?MID=23#

Thats about 85€ (at todays rate plus some cc currency fee).

So bite the bullet now and go for it, or wait for it at the airport? Does UTo/AI reissue the ticket and book you into Z like SAS does with UTo?
so i am in a similar situation here....del-auh flight next week where all 8 business class seats are currently available....optiontown is asking for inr 10.5k while the 'get up front' scheme at check-in offers the upgrade for $125 (or about inr 7.5k)....not sure which one to go for....need to upgrade 2 tickets....any advice????
Old Oct 26, 2013, 1:11 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Have you used get up front at delhi before? If you have, I would say use that only. Also how is Y looking that day. If it's looking a little overbooked, I would advice show up a little early. Otherwise, I don't foresee those seats going anywhere. That flight is via Bahrain! Didn't you have a better option?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.