Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Optiontown.com on AI

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2012, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Azzuristar
What has this turned into?

This would have been so easy if people took my idea of a bridge connecting US and UK seriously. Or that idea about a triangular bridge connecting the three landmasses.
i have a meeting with dlf later this week....will mention it to them....they can get to work on it right way....
Old Nov 11, 2012, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
i've earned miles on charter flights.
cool....but like i said before, it would be no fun if we can't earn for this flight as well....ft airlines definitely deserves special miles....
Old Jan 3, 2013, 2:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Thanks to utter boredom while waiting for the reporting to give the green light so I can start my monthly reports I just looked at the UTo option for my AI domestic segments. Optiontown is asking for 2+103€ to upgrade the domestic segments of my trip. (Funny, the all Y A320 to BOM is also offered :P)

Now walk up upgrades in India are 6000INR plus tax (4.9%??) ie about 6300 INR as per info here: http://www.airindia.com/SBCMS/Webpag...1.aspx?MID=23#

Thats about 85€ (at todays rate plus some cc currency fee).

So bite the bullet now and go for it, or wait for it at the airport? Does UTo/AI reissue the ticket and book you into Z like SAS does with UTo?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
So bite the bullet now and go for it, or wait for it at the airport? Does UTo/AI reissue the ticket and book you into Z like SAS does with UTo?
i would wait....its very unlikely that the seats won't be available....
Old Jan 3, 2013, 3:42 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Keyser
i would wait....its very unlikely that the seats won't be available....
However, the fact is that AI is selling out flights pretty well these days, so I would put in for the OT upgrade - *if* you plan to be in front...

(It's only a minimal difference)

I would see what close-in loads are for similar days of travel now on your segments, and then decide whether to wait or not.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 4:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Well, it doesn't look too full:

Code:
AD16JANDELCCU/AAI20                                                             
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AD ** CCU KOLKATA.IN                13 WE 16JAN 0000  
 1   AI 020  C7 D7 J7 Z3 Y9 B9 M9 /DEL 3 CCU    1430    1645  E0/788       2:15 
             H9 K9 Q9 V9 W9 G9 L9 U9 T9 SR ER NR                                

** AI - AIR INDIA **                                                            
AI020/C/16JAN/DELCCU/788                                                        
  0                                                                             
  123                                                                           
J I.A                                                                           
H AAA                                                                           
  ===                                                                           
  ===                                                                           
F AAA                                                                           
D AAA                                                                           
  ===                                                                           
  ===                                                                           
B IAA                                                                           
A A.A                                                                           
  123                                                                           
>ASR:                                                                           
>do1
DO1                                                                             
* 1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO *              AI  20   13 WE 16JAN                    
APT ARR   DY DEP   DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL                  
DEL          1430  WE CDJZYBMHKQV/M       788         2:15                      
                      WGLUTSEN/M                                                
CCU 1645  WE                                                2:15                

COMMENTS-                                                                       
 1.DEL CCU   - DEPARTS TERMINAL 3                                               
 2.DEL CCU   -   9/ NON-SMOKING                                                 
 3.DEL CCU   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                                    

CONFIGURATION-                                                                  
               788  C  18   Y 238                                               
>
Old Jan 3, 2013, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
However, the fact is that AI is selling out flights pretty well these days, so I would put in for the OT upgrade - *if* you plan to be in front...

I would see what close-in loads are for similar days of travel now on your segments, and then decide whether to wait or not.
50+ flights on both ai & 9w in the last 6 months & none have been full or anywhere close to full in business....
Old Jan 3, 2013, 4:26 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
50+ flights on both ai & 9w in the last 6 months & none have been full or anywhere close to full in business....
The few that I have been watching have been, but that is for MAA-BOM v/v or MAA-DEL...
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The few that I have been watching have been, but that is for MAA-BOM v/v or MAA-DEL...
not for me....half the business cabins has been empty....i've been quite surprised by this....i thought business cabins would be full after kingfisher stopped flying....
Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:11 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
If you can be at AI checkin early, then GetUpFront will most probably work. On 787/777 domestic flights, GetUpFront often gets many users (because of the bed I presume), so you need to be early.

Optiontown and GetUpFront work the same exact way, it's just Optiontown keeps a % when you go through them.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 2:21 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport

Del Bom is one crazy route for both j and y availability. Especially the evening flights.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
If you can be at AI checkin early, then GetUpFront will most probably work. On 787/777 domestic flights, GetUpFront often gets many users (because of the bed I presume), so you need to be early.

Optiontown and GetUpFront work the same exact way, it's just Optiontown keeps a % when you go through them.
I'll be at checkin around 8 am, dropping off luggage I have coming in from Germany. Since the flight is at 2pm, I doubt they will check me in... If that doesn't happen I'll have to cut short the damaka reception AJ will give me in Delhi and hurry back to the airport... is that worth 20€... hmm...
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:28 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
I'll be at checkin around 8 am, dropping off luggage I have coming in from Germany. Since the flight is at 2pm, I doubt they will check me in... If that doesn't happen I'll have to cut short the damaka reception AJ will give me in Delhi and hurry back to the airport... is that worth 20€... hmm...
Don't even think about cutting that short! Or else I really will bring the band baaja baarat for you!

Seriously though, go with the OT option, as that will likely be confirmed earlier and more reliable. And avoiding interactions with temperamental AI ticketing agents, as well as the possibility of sell outs, is certainly worth the fee!
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:46 am

I'm already imaging my ordeal in T3 on arrival:

First find a transfer checkin desk:

AI cronie: sir, you flight is in 6-7 hours, go away
I: but I have connecting ticket on AI, the luggage is already tagged by LH, see?
AI: no sir, please go away and go to domestic side
I: but they won't let me in departure only 3h advance allowed, no?
AI: OK, OK, give me your ticket, I'll take the luggage
I: can I also have a paid upgrade? (pull oout website printout)
AI: sir, we don't give upgrade
I: but I want to pay
AI: sir go away your flight is in 6-7h
rinse repeat etc etc

In the meantime AJs welcome cttee is waiting, the elephant is soiling the street and various officials are collecting cash from AJ because he is blocking everything
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:57 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
I'm already imaging my ordeal in T3 on arrival:

First find a transfer checkin desk:

AI cronie: sir, you flight is in 6-7 hours, go away
I: but I have connecting ticket on AI, the luggage is already tagged by LH, see?
AI: no sir, please go away and go to domestic side
I: but they won't let me in departure only 3h advance allowed, no?
AI: OK, OK, give me your ticket, I'll take the luggage
I: can I also have a paid upgrade? (pull oout website printout)
AI: sir, we don't give upgrade
I: but I want to pay
AI: sir go away your flight is in 6-7h
rinse repeat etc etc

In the meantime AJs welcome cttee is waiting, the elephant is soiling the street and various officials are collecting cash from AJ because he is blocking everything
You do paint a vivid picture! And one that helps put even more ideas in my head.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.