Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Which airline best for honoring 2 piece system?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which airline best for honoring 2 piece system?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by zoonil
if you can't help you don't have to post. posting in this thread is not compulosory.

Like previous posters have said, and in my past experience Jet and Kingfisher have been extremely generous in accomodating 2 pieces (2x their regular baggage limit) without any problem.
IME , most airlines allow this when the connecting intl flight is within 24hrs of the domestic connection.. if its more than that, I hv myself been disallowed this and that too by 9W..
Old Dec 8, 2010, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Aha.. I hv faced problems with the stopover was for more than 24 hrs if on separate tickets.. If on separate tickets but stopover is less than 24hrs then most airlines will allow and not have a problem.. BUT if stopover is more than 24hrs, there may be problems IME..
The official rule on this is as per above. You have to show your boarding pass or an onward ticket for the long haul baggage allowance to be honored.

Be careful though as not many agents are aware of this privilege. I came in from CMB a year back and carried back 3 Suitcases as my SQ allowance before that was 3PC. Although I was flying business but my colleague was in Economy and he was allowed 3PC too. The check in agent wanted to charge me but I had a print of from a email that I had sent Jet in regards to this.

Best bet is to email Jet/AI to get this in written. Although I would suggest emailing AI one year in advance as they take around that long to get back to you.

I am not sure which other airlines allow this benefit but would highly recommend Jet as you shouldn't have any problems with them.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saad
doesn't matter....if you have separate tickets then it doesn't matter whether you are connecting immediately or 10 days later....
On Jet it does as they only allow you 24hrs for giving you the International baggage allowance. Any more and they don't allow the long haul luggage allowance.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by lallyr
On Jet it does as they only allow you 24hrs for giving you the International baggage allowance. Any more and they don't allow the long haul luggage allowance.
that's interesting....a know a bunch of people who were connecting on jet domestic immediately after their international flight & they were denied the international baggage allowance because they did not have one through ticket....
Old Dec 9, 2010, 2:53 am

that's interesting....a know a bunch of people who were connecting on jet domestic immediately after their international flight & they were denied the international baggage allowance because they did not have one through ticket....
From my experience, it depends from check in agent to agent.. but if u hv a intl connection within 24hrs even on separte tickets, u can protest and I hv seen they normally check with the senior and then allow it..
FWIW, I always hv domestic connections in 9w and intl in other airlines and hence always have two different tickets..
Old Dec 9, 2010, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a print off (or used to) from Reservations to confirm the same which I always carried with me. Check in agents normally want you to pay the extra.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat, IHG Plat
spicejet does within 24hrs..here is their faq from their website:

Guest travelling to / from USA/ Canada and are connecting to SpiceJet for domestic travel (within 24 hours) may carry

2 bags each; the weight of each bag should not exceed 23 kgs.
The total waiver for two bags together will be 46 kilos. Excess baggage rules apply for any additional weight.
The dimension of each bag not to exceed 106 inches (length+breath+height).
The guest has to provide a valid proof of travel on the international flight (tickets / boarding pass)

so, probably out of luck if traveling biz class intl and have a 3bag allowance.

Jet has done it based on experience..had trouble only once with them.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:05 am

Connecting Intl .. elite status baggage allowance allowed ??

A related query..

While we know of many domestic airlines allowing the intl baggage allowance while connection within 24 hrs, what is the experience of folks who have higher weight allowance in the intl connection because of some status etc with that airline.

Say flying CCU - DEL on Jet..
and DEL - FRA on LH.. where because the person has elite status, he/she is allowed 40kgs on weight basis..
In this scenario, do the domestic legs also allow 40kgs if connecting within 24hrs ??

Share experiences please..

Thanks
Abhi
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A related query..

While we know of many domestic airlines allowing the intl baggage allowance while connection within 24 hrs, what is the experience of folks who have higher weight allowance in the intl connection because of some status etc with that airline.

and DEL - FRA on LH.. where because the person has elite status, he/she is allowed 40kgs on weight basis..
In this scenario, do the domestic legs also allow 40kgs if connecting within 24hrs ??

Thanks
Abhi
In my experience they go with what the ticket says. So if your ticket says 30kg then that is what they will allow.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:54 am

In my experience they go with what the ticket says. So if your ticket says 30kg then that is what they will allow.
yes, but tickets never carry the total baggage allowance including elite allowance.. they only carry the standard for that class and sector of travel ..
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yes, but tickets never carry the total baggage allowance including elite allowance.. they only carry the standard for that class and sector of travel ..
I know what you mean but the problem is that they just can't keep a track of what every airline allows their FF'ers.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:09 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
A related query..

Thanks
Abhi
Usually Jet doesn't require more than showing your LH (9w partner, last I checked) card to them and you should get the 40kgs, but it depends on how strict they are controlling it at that particular (9w) station...
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Usually Jet doesn't require more than showing your LH (9w partner, last I checked) card to them and you should get the 40kgs, but it depends on how strict they are controlling it at that particular (9w) station...
hmmm..thanks for the reply..

I know what you mean but the problem is that they just can't keep a track of what every airline allows their FF'ers.
yeah.. but this can be resolved by showing the membership card with printout of weight eligibility from the net..
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:46 am

i have similar question. i will be arriving at BOM from EWR on continental with two piece luggage @ 10.00 PM and my connecting flight is on kingfisher red next day morning @ 10.00 AM booked as separate ticket.

1) can i check in my luggage as soon as i come out of custom at Kingfisher counter at internation terminal.

2) after checking the beggage, can i go to my hotel for night stay and catch the 10.00 AM flight.

i did the similar on jetairways few years ago but not sure king fisher will allow me to checkin for a flight that departs next day
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by awesome75
i have similar question. i will be arriving at BOM from EWR on continental with two piece luggage @ 10.00 PM and my connecting flight is on kingfisher red next day morning @ 10.00 AM booked as separate ticket.

1) can i check in my luggage as soon as i come out of custom at Kingfisher counter at internation terminal.

2) after checking the beggage, can i go to my hotel for night stay and catch the 10.00 AM flight.

i did the similar on jetairways few years ago but not sure king fisher will allow me to checkin for a flight that departs next day
IMO, KF should be acepting the same at the intl terminal transfer desk ... hv not tried recently but only about 1 yr back..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.