Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I got the AA double last month for my birthday, but also a one-time 250 miles/transaction bonus from DL and AS as well.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I got the AA double last month for my birthday, but also a one-time 250 miles/transaction bonus from DL and AS as well.
What was the relative timing on those?

This month I got (about half a day apart, both yesterday ie the 4th) AA double and UA double for my birthday. So far nothing from US, DL, AS, WN, or HH.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Timing? I think AA and DL came through first at roughly the same time, and AS a bit later.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bumped to add the I just got an email for 250 bonus IHG hotel points with my next dine this month.

Limited Time: Earn 250 bonus points (subject header)
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:03 pm

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
First decent AA promotion I've seen in years!

Dine 10 times before December 20, 2014 and you can earn a spectacular 7,500 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles!

Now just have to see if I can find enough cheap restaurants to make it worthwhile.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tudorcity
Dine 10 times before December 20, 2014 and you can earn a spectacular 7,500 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles!

Now just have to see if I can find enough cheap restaurants to make it worthwhile.
$40 a dine cheap?

Did you the fine print? Are sure it doesn't say somewhere in the fine print that each dine must $40 or more? (That's the been the case with all previous rounds of this promo so far in the past few months.)
Old Nov 12, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by sdsearch
$40 a dine cheap?

Did you the fine print? Are sure it doesn't say somewhere in the fine print that each dine must $40 or more? (That's the been the case with all previous rounds of this promo so far in the past few months.)
You are correct. Every "Dine 10, Earn X Miles" offer my family has received in the last few days from United or AA has required 10 dines of $40 or more. As a data point, we've seen offers as low as 5,000 and one AA as high as 10,000 miles.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:10 pm
TPP

Programs: DL, US, AA
You could buy gift cards at the qualifying restaurants to get the bonus now and save them for when you want to use them.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 12:14 am

Programs: free agent
Anyone receive two 10k offer? I got 10k offer from UA and AA... Probably go with AA and quite surprising since I recently sign up for new account and gotta do $30 for 2k signup bonus then 10x$40, so 12k is on table for me to grab . Likely to grab bunch of gift cards from Fogo de Chao since I love that restaurant anyways.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation restaurant closed 1 month after selling me a gift certificate!!!

Originally Posted by TPP
You could buy gift cards at the qualifying restaurants to get the bonus now and save them for when you want to use them.
Yes, you could, but be very careful:

I had a 5 x $40 promo, and did it all with gift cards / gift certificates, but two of (local smallish) chain restaurants gift certificates / gift cards were for that location only. No problem, I thought, these locations have been open for a very long time and it's the location I use most frequently anyway.

But less than a month later, one of those locations closed, and the other locations in that chain are not all that convenient to me, so I haven't even had a chance to see if they'll accept that gift certificate (which looked much like a cash register receipt!) for the location that closed. So I may be out that $40!

How could I have known that a location that I had been eating at for years and years would close one month after I bought a gift certificate from them?

Given that there I have found no participating restaurants that I want to eat at in my area which are parts of major chains with multiple locations that have gift cards that work across the whole chain, I'm a bit leery of going through this again given that all I can find that works for me in my area is gift certificates / cards that are specific to one particular location.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:25 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Took advantage of the following offers:

10x$40 dines for 10,000 AA
5x$40 dines for 2,500 UA
10x$40 dines for 7,500 DL

the last one haven't posted yet... I actually did 11 dines just because one of the restaurants is actually good and the family wanted that food... turns out they're no longer participating in the program. So in a way I'm glad I did an extra dine, but will confirm if the miles actually posted.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer
Took advantage of the following offers:

10x$40 dines for 10,000 AA
5x$40 dines for 2,500 UA
10x$40 dines for 7,500 DL
Did you buy any gift cards or actually spend ur time at restaurants? I'm likely to do mix - dine & buy GC to meet 10k aa bonus. Not sure what I'll do abt UA 10k offer
Old Nov 15, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Yes, you could, but be very careful:

I had a 5 x $40 promo, and did it all with gift cards / gift certificates, but two of (local smallish) chain restaurants gift certificates / gift cards were for that location only. No problem, I thought, these locations have been open for a very long time and it's the location I use most frequently anyway.

But less than a month later, one of those locations closed, and the other locations in that chain are not all that convenient to me, so I haven't even had a chance to see if they'll accept that gift certificate (which looked much like a cash register receipt!) for the location that closed. So I may be out that $40!

How could I have known that a location that I had been eating at for years and years would close one month after I bought a gift certificate from them?

Given that there I have found no participating restaurants that I want to eat at in my area which are parts of major chains with multiple locations that have gift cards that work across the whole chain, I'm a bit leery of going through this again given that all I can find that works for me in my area is gift certificates / cards that are specific to one particular location.

I am always afraid that gift cards have extra fees so I always try to use them quickly. I bought a large gift card last year for a RN bonus and then used the GC four days later with a group of friends. My friends paid me their part in cash.

One time I dined with friends at a RN restaurant. I had to wait 20 minutes for a table so I headed to the bar and ordered drinks for us. When the table became available, I paid the bar tab with one CC. After eating I used another CC. Then while walking out I purchased a gift card. I earned three dines and hit three spending limits in one night and all at one place. I was a happy camper.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Open Jaw
I am always afraid that gift cards have extra fees so I always try to use them quickly. I bought a large gift card last year for a RN bonus and then used the GC four days later with a group of friends. My friends paid me their part in cash.

One time I dined with friends at a RN restaurant. I had to wait 20 minutes for a table so I headed to the bar and ordered drinks for us. When the table became available, I paid the bar tab with one CC. After eating I used another CC. Then while walking out I purchased a gift card. I earned three dines and hit three spending limits in one night and all at one place. I was a happy camper.
The tricks you can use when you buy one gift card at a time are not the same ones that will necessarily work when a promo forces you to buy 5 or 10 gift cards in a short period of time. I've done what you've mentioned when I had one gift card at a time, but I got each of these gift cards at different places (one all the way across the country from the rest of them), because I have such a hard time finding participating restaurants (that I or people I knew cared for, ie, not Pizza Hut) that actually really sold gift cards / gift certificates on the day I visited.

I was a lot easier when bigger chains like Baja Fresh, La Salsa, Daphne's, Romano's, etc, whose gift cards work across the whole chain, were participating. But the only one of those during this last round was PIzza Hut (ugh!).
Old Nov 15, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
The tricks you can use when you buy one gift card at a time are not the same ones that will necessarily work when a promo forces you to buy 5 or 10 gift cards in a short period of time. I've done what you've mentioned when I had one gift card at a time, but I got each of these gift cards at different places (one all the way across the country from the rest of them), because I have such a hard time finding participating restaurants (that I or people I knew cared for, ie, not Pizza Hut) that actually really sold gift cards / gift certificates on the day I visited.

I was a lot easier when bigger chains like Baja Fresh, La Salsa, Daphne's, Romano's, etc, whose gift cards work across the whole chain, were participating. But the only one of those during this last round was PIzza Hut (ugh!).
I agree with all your points. My only point was that I don't like to buy many GCs for the same reasons you mentioned in your pervious post. The trick I mentioned in my post was how I get around buying a boatload of GCs.

In my neighborhood there aren't any chain restaurants that are part of RN. I wish there were because I would really rack up some miles. Pizza Hut is not in the RN program near me either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.