Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia v Clickair - BEWARE OF DIFFERENT PRICES

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2008, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite

This is not the first time I have noticed that for exactly the same seat on the same flight Iberia is much more expensive than Clickair.

I've just booked Valencia- LHR on 14 June. On Clickair flight was €95 (€72 = fare; €6 taxes and fees; €17 fuel surcharge). Iberia wanted €142 (€97 = fare; €35 = taxes; €10 = fee).

So if anyone is flying a Clickair route check both websites first!
Old Jul 12, 2008, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
It's not at all unusual to see codeshare flights with different prices when marketed by different carriers.

Besides, this is going to be irrelevant in about 60 days.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Absolutely correct but in most cases codeshare flights are not operated by companies within the same group. You would think that Iberia (with 20% of clickair) would try and be more competitive - that's what surprised me. But as you say, this debate will be irrelevant soon.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 3:30 am

Programs: IB plus Platinum, JK Gold, BAEC Silver, LH Senator, PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by alanw
It's not at all unusual to see codeshare flights with different prices when marketed by different carriers.

Besides, this is going to be irrelevant in about 60 days.
Alan, why is it going to be irrelevant?? Is Clickair going to "shut down" the VLC-LHR route??
Old Jul 20, 2008, 3:29 pm

not so big difference

because if you book with clickair you have to pay: 1) for the baggage 2) for paying with credit card...if you book with Iberia both charges are included in the price, no extra costs
Old Jul 21, 2008, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jltato
because if you book with clickair you have to pay: 1) for the baggage 2) for paying with credit card...if you book with Iberia both charges are included in the price, no extra costs
But you're going to have to check in a lot of bags to make up the difference between the 2 fares!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Txolo
Alan, why is it going to be irrelevant?? Is Clickair going to "shut down" the VLC-LHR route??
Vueling is buying Clickair which most likely cancel the IB code-sharing. See other thread for more details.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
or book with AA directly. i called them directly, gave them the IB flight number and it was the cheapest. iberia, 202, clickair 151 and aa 148. all us dollars. plus i think i may get mileage credit as its an IB flight #
Old Jul 24, 2008, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by chanp
or book with AA directly. i called them directly, gave them the IB flight number and it was the cheapest. iberia, 202, clickair 151 and aa 148. all us dollars. plus i think i may get mileage credit as its an IB flight #
Unfortunately not because Clickair is not Oneworld, and the code of the flight doesn't care, but the company who operates the flight. That's why, for instance, you don't get Oneworld points or miles on IB-coded flights operated by a non OW airline such as Royal Air Maroc, CSA, El-Al, etc. Only Iberia Plus cardholders earn points on Clickair, either with an XG code or with the IB one.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by JCinNYC
Vueling is buying Clickair which most likely cancel the IB code-sharing. See other thread for more details.
Read post 2 here to know that Clickair is taking over Vueling but changing the name. "Everything" will continue as today: IB codes, Iberia Plus, and so on.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
Lounge

Originally Posted by GatoVolador
Unfortunately not because Clickair is not Oneworld, and the code of the flight doesn't care, but the company who operates the flight. That's why, for instance, you don't get Oneworld points or miles on IB-coded flights operated by a non OW airline such as Royal Air Maroc, CSA, El-Al, etc. Only Iberia Plus cardholders earn points on Clickair, either with an XG code or with the IB one.
I can take not earning miles on a flight but with my BA card would I get lounge access if I book a clickair flight on the IB code via the IB website

Also when checking in does one check in via the clickair desk or using the IB desks?

I am think of booking a flight with them for the end of the month but I have a lot of bags and am wary of the luggage restirictions on lo-cost carriers compared to main line carriers so I can fly alc-bcn direct or do a connection via mad with IB have know I will have no worries about bags.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by HarryBA
I can take not earning miles on a flight but with my BA card would I get lounge access if I book a clickair flight on the IB code via the IB website
This is a question? I know that Iberia Plus Gold and Platinum have access to the lounges, but I think that this does not apply to other programmes.

Also when checking in does one check in via the clickair desk or using the IB desks?
Always Clickair, because it's Clickair who operates the flight.

I am think of booking a flight with them for the end of the month but I have a lot of bags and am wary of the luggage restirictions on lo-cost carriers compared to main line carriers so I can fly alc-bcn direct or do a connection via mad with IB have know I will have no worries about bags.
XG-coded tickets (clickair.com) work on a pay-as-you-go basis, so you'll have to pay for each bag. Each "bag ticket" you buy entitles you to carry a bag with up to 23kg (but if you pay the excess, it goes up to 32kg). You can buy as many bags a you want up to a total of 50 kg.

IB5xxx-coded tickets (iberia.com or travel agencies) are as Iberia flights.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 7:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by GatoVolador
I know that Iberia Plus Gold and Platinum have access to the lounges
Oh... Didn´t know that. With a ticket issued by Clickair?
I flew FRA-BCN today´s afternoon and guess what?
Yes! They have lost my luggage!
Old Aug 4, 2008, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
"It isn't lost sir; it's only been delayed!"
Old Aug 4, 2008, 4:33 am

Programs: IB Platinum, LH FF, JK Gold, FB Plat, PC Plat/IC Amb, Hertz #1 PC
Originally Posted by heramato
Oh... Didn´t know that. With a ticket issued by Clickair?
I flew FRA-BCN today´s afternoon and guess what?
Yes! They have lost my luggage!
Only IB5XXX ticketed flights give access to the lounge for IB PLUS gold or Platinum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.