Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Understanding Elite Points Earnings with Iberia Partners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2024, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond

I am trying to understand the Iberia Elite Points earnings charts, especially for partners.

Nowhere in the charts does it show a Fare Class, but only the generic First, Business, Premium/Full Economy and Economy Discount

<see chart below>

But, how does this work with a partner?

Let's take American Airlines as an example.

Does domestic First Class AA count as First for Elite Points, or is that considered a Business Class?

Does it make a difference if it's a three-cabin (First, Business, Main) aircraft like a TransCon on American?
Attached Images  
Old Jan 21, 2024, 11:57 pm

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
https://www.iberia.com/wcs/documento..._accesible.pdf
craigthemif likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You need to cross-reference against the fare codes listed for each individual partner.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
You need to cross-reference against the fare codes listed for each individual partner.
So, you are saying that Iberia will accept the description given by a partner?

Also, what about Premium Economy where it is not listed for partners?

Iberia's program seems poorly thought out and even less well communicated.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Hi All,

If I do a transfer, does the itinerary count as two legs?
Old Jan 30, 2024, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyinglan
Hi All,

If I do a transfer, does the itinerary count as two legs?
Yes, as long as it's a different flight number.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:18 am

Re this subject, does anyone have experience with collecting Elite points on codeshare Copa/IB? I recently flew a SJO-PTY in J, been credited the Avios but not the elite points, which I find weird (if not eligible I shouldn't have gotten the Avios either, right?).

Any idea how to claim the points (have already submitted the online form but since the Avios are credited I doubt it will help)? Call center experience so far is among the worst (15min+ wait, no response...).
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mmh_
Re this subject, does anyone have experience with collecting Elite points on codeshare Copa/IB? I recently flew a SJO-PTY in J, been credited the Avios but not the elite points, which I find weird (if not eligible I shouldn't have gotten the Avios either, right?).

Any idea how to claim the points (have already submitted the online form but since the Avios are credited I doubt it will help)? Call center experience so far is among the worst (15min+ wait, no response...).
Flights with an IB code operated by airlines not associated with the Iberia Plus programme do not generate Avios or Elite Points.
https://www.iberia.com/us/iberiaplus/earn-elite-points/

I think you earned Avios for the SJO-PTY simply due to how the €-based earning is allocated to individual flights in an itinerary, rather than an actual entitlement to Avios and Elite Points for Copa flights with an IB code.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
https://www.iberia.com/us/iberiaplus/earn-elite-points/

I think you earned Avios for the SJO-PTY simply due to how the €-based earning is allocated to individual flights in an itinerary, rather than an actual entitlement to Avios and Elite Points for Copa flights with an IB code.
Thanks, I suspected it was the case but the Avios credit was confusing..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.