Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Breaking: CAN transfer bonus avios to BAEC!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Breaking: CAN transfer bonus avios to BAEC!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by ralph55user
thanks, and i assume you would need to have a BA and avios.com account open for 90 days too?
definitely BA - not sure about avios but would guess that it’s the same.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Just FYI, on some routes, one-way partner awards are available.
That's interesting - do you have any examples?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
NRT-LHR for example, but apparently not even on all dates.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:42 am

So do you need both BA, Iberia+ and Avios accounts to transfeter between BA and Iberia? Or just BA and Iberia suffice?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:57 pm

NRT-LHR for example, but apparently not even on all dates.
On which airline? All British Airways flights can be booked one way.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I saw IB, BA, AY, QR. All bookable one-way on the IB website.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
So do you need both BA, Iberia+ and Avios accounts to transfeter between BA and Iberia? Or just BA and Iberia suffice?
Only BA and IB.
An Avios.com account is only needed as a workaround if you have a BA household account (because you cannot transfer directly from IB to a BA household account).
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:18 pm

Only BA and IB.
An Avios.com account is only needed as a workaround if you have a BA household account (because you cannot transfer directly from IB to a BA household account).
So you can't transfer to an acct that currently has a household membership? Can I transfer to IB to BA and then have those BA join a household account?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:10 pm

Provided that your IB account is "active" and at least 90 days old (and that the account details match):
You can always transfer from BA to IB (unless they have blocked transfers again, of course).
You can also always transfer from IB to a BA account that is not part of a household account. That account can of course join a household account any time (but you can only join/leave a household account every 6 months or so).

You cannot transfer from IB to a BA account that is part of a household account. However, you can transfer to Avios.com and then transfer from Avios.com to a BA account that is part of a household account. At least that's what I've read, I haven't tried it myself yet.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
How can you tell if a partner award is bookable one-way?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I am having trouble finding ANY availability on CX and QF flights, and the odd BA OW flights but every flight search that I want says that the flights are not available, or does not fly. I don't seem to be able to transfer IB to BA either. My email is the same but the addresses are different but I can't seem to get around that. It asks me to call... Of course its easier for me to just transfer the miles because on ba.com, the flights that I want are all available. Not on IB. Would changing addresses to match my ba account help I wonder?

Help !

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Aug 13, 2018 at 11:55 pm
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:05 am

You don't happen to remember the dates do you? I've searched routes flown by AY and QR many times, including 10 dates between LON-TYO just now, and have never seen them available one-way. I would keep looking but the CAPTCHA is driving me insane!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:15 am

I PM'ed you.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:19 am

Only BA and IB.
I understand I have to wait 90 days from when my Iberia account was set up to transfer the avios but do I need to wait 90 days from when my BA account was set up to receive the avios?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: Amex Platinum
I used 68k of my avios on 2x MAD-JFK in business, so 22k left. I then added 18k from Amex MR for another set of flights, however now decided just to pay the cash price as it is much better value and not use these. So I now have 40k avios in my Iberia account and not too sure how to salvage them.

My ideal strategy would be to transfer all 40k out to the BAEC, however I am concerned about these being deducted at a later date, either from my empty Iberia account or when the avios programmes merge.

So my next option is to use ~22k avios on a hotel and then transfer out the 18k remainder. Only question is, what priority do the promotional avios take? Will they allocate my 18k avios originating from Amex MR first, and add on 4k from the promo? Or will it be done the other way round?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.