Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Breaking: CAN transfer bonus avios to BAEC!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Breaking: CAN transfer bonus avios to BAEC!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
It is interesting to say "Avios have no cash value". I believe Iberia Plus Avios have a cash value, because if you get an Iberia credit card bonus through a bank (there a different banks that emit Iberia Credit Cards in Spain) once you get the welcome Avios, you are charged income tax as well, hinting that Iberia Plus Avios have an actual cash value (ask anyone that has received the Santander Iberia ICON (Spain only) with the current 30k welcome Avios). The key is, according to Spanish law "everything (including prizes) has a cash value", but only if the prize is higher than 300€, it is taxable.

Anyway, I´m not an accountant and I guess it is way more complicated.

There is also a key paragraph in Iberia plus T&Cs,

"The Programme reserves the right to recall your card, cancel your account and hold you responsible if you make improper or fraudulent use of the Programme or do not comply with the rules and procedures contained in these General Conditions".
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:15 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The following clause extracted from the Executive Club’s T&C is worth noting, as the same premise will apply to all AGL programmes, including IB+
Avios points, and all rights of title to and property in such Avios points issued at any time, remain with AGL at all times and never pass to the Member.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Reports from friends that the bonus avios from the promotion that were not spent have now been removed as indicated. What about those who transferred out?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Accounts went negative. They got the balances right.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

As the promotion's 1 December spend deadline has now passed, we'll close this thread and invite you to read and contribute to the https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iber...-transfer.html thread which started earlier today.

Prospero
Moderator: IB forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.