Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Iberia, how to transform an amazing opportunity to shine into a terrible and pathetic mess.
They will never ever get any of my business.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Everyone wants things both ways- if Iberia has great IT and great people, they would have thought of the their verbiage and the unintended consequences. FT'ers look to take advantage of quirks, unintended rules, "promotions" (I do not use the E word), etc. Therefore we should be glad IB is not extremely efficient and is honoring the arrangement. I have 4 new family accounts and just sitting back and waiting. The more calls to IB the less time people have to review documentation and slower the processing for the balance of people.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by frenchft
Iberia, how to transform an amazing opportunity to shine into a terrible and pathetic mess.
Seriously now, yawn.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:33 am

A promo like this was the perfect opportunity to lure in new customers and introduce new people to the Iberia Plus program. So if anything, the real golden chance was to impress and satisfy the new accounts and the folks for whom they could create an excellent first impression. So yes, while the new accounts are merely a subset of the folks who will be receiving Avios, it was pretty crucial that the execution be spot-on for those new accounts. Of course they need to weed out the scammers and fake accounts, but the process should have started over a week ago. And because they delayed in starting that process, you botch the execution for many new accounts, creating needless frustration and delay among the very subset of folks for whom you had the chance to create a sparkling first impression.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by zebranz
just sitting back and waiting. The more calls to IB the less time people have to review documentation and slower the processing for the balance of people.
There is one complication for that strategy for anyone not knowing if their emails with the required documents are being received by Iberia.

The clock is running, with a hard deadline for the end of the month. Iberia has announced that we need to supply documents by then.

But I have sent those documents, and more than once, and have received no response (or auto-response) to show they were ever received by Iberia. So I needed to call them to find out if they were received. Alarmingly, they weren't!
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:38 am

Were they getting any before? You don't sound like a great prize as a customer...

This is getting ridiculous, you can just wait a couple of days. I didn't take part in this promotion, but I actually am a frequent IB flyer. Now, as a side effect no doubt of thousands of travel hackers and a bunch of scammers, I cannot move my Avios online from IB+ to BAEC. I wonder whether I should post every couple of hours on this thread bemoaning this fact, adding nothing of value to it, or whether I should just wait a couple of days.

Originally Posted by brody24
And because they delayed in starting that process, you botch the execution for many new accounts, creating needless frustration and delay among the very subset of folks for whom you had the chance to create a sparkling first impression.
The people who bought 10 cheap tickets to get the 90000 Avios are not necessarily the ideal kind of customers. And in any case the needless frustration amounts to waiting a few extra days. Having this kind of impatience must make air travel in general a real challenge.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:41 am

Assuming they want the business of a rude fella like you.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:41 am

A promo like this was the perfect opportunity to lure in new customers and introduce new people to the Iberia Plus program.
Well it worked for me. I stayed out of this promo but it did make me take a much closer look at Iberia's Avios offerings (while I was debating about participating) and compare it to BA (a program I am very familiar with). I found some pretty interesting sweet spots for me and it is very likely I will be using Iberia+ in the future with some transfers from my MR or UR accounts.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Yllanes
Were they getting any before? You don't sound like a great prize as a customer...

This is getting ridiculous, you can just wait a couple of days. I didn't take part in this promotion, but I actually am a frequent IB flyer. Now, as a side effect no doubt of thousands of travel hackers and a bunch of scammers, I cannot move my Avios online from IB+ to BAEC. I wonder whether I should post every couple of hours on this thread bemoaning this fact, adding nothing of value to it, or whether I should just wait a couple of days.
Its the unfortunate contradiction of miles/points loyalty. Airlines and hotels love going out of their way to entice new customers and broaden the tent, yet often seem to ignore those who are most loyal in the process.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Yllanes

The people who bought 10 cheap tickets to get the 90000 Avios are not necessarily the ideal kind of customers. And in any case the needless frustration amounts to waiting a few extra days. Having this kind of impatience must make air travel in general a real challenge.
The person who buys 10 cheap tickets is obviously just looking to cash in on a good promo. And maybe that same person will be planning a legit trip through Europe next year. And since that person now has an Iberia Plus account and is now a bit more familiar with Iberia, that person may be more likely to consider Iberia for that legit trip next year. Hell, I previously had no incentive to create an Iberia Plus account but now I have one because of this promo. And I've had the chance to find some cool nooks and crannies in the program that I could definitely envision using in the near future.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:58 am

Anyone who got in on this clearly obtusely designed promo and expected it to go smoothly, and is now upset that the miles haven't been immediately deposited in their account, is a fool.

My miles deposited yesterday (old account), fiance's have not yet after some account verification (new account). Patience, people.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
[QUOTE=rje444;29940835]There is one complication for that strategy for anyone not knowing if their emails with the required documents are being received by Iberia.

Yes, an auto response would be nice. But we do have our emails with dates and time and assuming some/many will be "lost" in the next 26 days is a bit too soon IMO.

--
This may have been a promo to get new clients as others state but I doubt they thought of one way cheap tickets. Maybe returns with a minimum spend but not a USD $20-30 ticket.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:07 am

For folks that send emails yesterday (with pp, form, ticket confirmation), but did not received auto-reply - did you resend the email again today?

And if yes, did you got the auto-reply from Iberia this time?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum (6 MM)
A promo like this was the perfect opportunity to lure in new customers and introduce new people to the Iberia Plus program. So if anything, the real golden chance was to impress and satisfy the new accounts and the folks for whom they could create an excellent first impression. So yes, while the new accounts are merely a subset of the folks who will be receiving Avios, it was pretty crucial that the execution be spot-on for those new accounts. Of course they need to weed out the scammers and fake accounts, but the process should have started over a week ago. And because they delayed in starting that process, you botch the execution for many new accounts, creating needless frustration and delay among the very subset of folks for whom you had the chance to create a sparkling first impression.
This promo was meant to reward existing customers. It was not a customer-acquisition promotion. They blew it and they are honoring their mistake.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: MPC SL
Received the email that tells me to send my passport + 10 tickets to Iberia Plus.

However, I don't seem to receive the "Correct email reception" email afterwards to confirm it's been received... What should I do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.