Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 7, 2018, 9:49 am

Sad but not surprising to see Iberia weaseling out of the promotion. I am in no way defending Iberia here but this backs up my decision not to participate due to how popular this deal got (though I may have been ok since I had a existing Iberia account with (very few) flight earnings). The more the blogs shout a deal the much riskier it becomes and it unfortunately generally leads to abuse on both sides. Good luck to those who participated I still hope you get your miles.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Jul 7, 2018 at 9:56 am
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Sad but not surprising to see Iberia weaseling out of the promotion. I am in no way defending Iberia here but this backs up my decision not to participate due to how popular this deal got (though I may have been ok since I had a existing Iberia account with (very few) flight earnings). The more the blogs shout a deal the much riskier it becomes and it unfortunately generally leads to abuse on both sides. Good luck to those who participated I still hope you get your miles.
Weasling out of the promotion? By offering refunds to people who never had any intention of flying the sectors booked? And who have never had anything to do with Iberia before two weeks ago?

It's worth keeping in mind that nobody is going to end up out of pocket for this, so by all means "boycott" an airline you never had any intention of flying...
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Weasling out of the promotion? By offering refunds to people who never had any intention of flying the sectors booked? And who have never had anything to do with Iberia before two weeks ago?

It's worth keeping in mind that nobody is going to end up out of pocket for this, so by all means "boycott" an airline you never had any intention of flying...
This is why im not terribly angry and likely not going to fight it. If they are willing to offer full and complete refund I can move on. I just dont like the principle of the whole thing, where I followed all terms and conditions, provided all requested info, only to essentially be called a liar in claiming there were inconsistencies when they clearly were not. I just want an honest answer as to why. I get that they needed a way to weasel out to some extent, but at least be straight with me.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif

Yes weaseling given some of what their Twitter folks and public affairs folks were saying up until the end of the promotion. Iberia (or at least some of their reps) was basically inviting folks to game this deal. Yes folks were somewhat stupid to rely on that and honestly I am surprised folks who were buying 10 cheap one-ways couldn't see this train wreck coming. As I said I stayed out of this one but there is certainly some blame on Iberia here in my opinion given what they posted on Twitter and provided to some blogs. That said other than being out some time and aggravation folks will be made whole one way or the other it seems. And I personally have no intention of boycotting Iberia or anybody else I have played this game before and will play it again when it makes sense. You win some and you lose some.
Adam1222 likes this.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Jul 7, 2018 at 10:33 am
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:34 am

I received a couple of auto-reply for the Iberia emails I sent this morning ... only came a few days after the initial email was sent from my end.

So it sounds like perhaps the auto-reply only gets sent out when they start clearing out their inbox

Just an update for folks who is still waiting for the elusive auto-reply, that there is some sort of delay.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, MeliáRewards Platinum (no longer used)
1 ‘inconsistencies’ email received for account with spread out one way flights for next year. Was for family member. Will be interesting to see if Iberia honour for my new account which was set up for this but had varied flights all intended to be taken.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:46 am

Oh and the temporary PIN they sent me after sending the "booking inconsistencies" email doesnt work. So even more problems. May just take the refund and bail on these scumbags for good.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by brody24
May just take the refund and bail on these scumbags for good.
Which is probably what they're betting on. They can weed out a fair number of people who don't want to deal with the fight and reduce their liability.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Which is probably what they're betting on. They can weed out a fair number of people who don't want to deal with the fight and reduce their liability.
Pretty much. Its wrong, unprofessional, unethical and needless. But its a facade they can reliably hide behind as they weasel their way out. I hate that i am effectively rewarding them for their incompetence. Im a lawyer myself so i always take the chance to get someone on the phone to make my case. But here, the communication is so poor and the messaging so disparate and poorly-disseminated that i might as well be talking to a wall.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Class action. Already contacted an attorney, he is very interested in the case.
Let's wait end of the month to see what they mean by inconsistencies.
When I mentioned him those email he told me "even better", we will find people with old accounts and same routing, will be a nice one
I keep you all posted.

PS : I don't care about the comments and "happy people" around. I fly a lot, I don't have credit cards, all my miles and points are hard earned (100+ flights / 330+ nights every year), so I have participate in this promotion by respecting the rules and don't accept an airlines or whoever think they can play with customer and cheat. It's a question of business ethics and principle now. Nobody forced Iberia to run such a silly promotion.
choklit and Cargoguy like this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by brody24
Pretty much. Its wrong, unprofessional, unethical and needless. But its a facade they can reliably hide behind as they weasel their way out. I hate that i am effectively rewarding them for their incompetence. Im a lawyer myself so i always take the chance to get someone on the phone to make my case. But here, the communication is so poor and the messaging so disparate and poorly-disseminated that i might as well be talking to a wall.
Those people desserve a class action. it's totally unethical, breaking a contract with a customer in EU and I don't talk about the non respect of GDPR, this is another topic.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Of course, don't give up... those people desserve the worst.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Interesting enough, I just got emails for refunding all my bookings (just got them, of course, money is not back yet - BTW i did not ask for refund nor had I issued with account since I am an old member) and in the meanwhile, I got 90000 Avios - I got avois pretty early, among the first batch of people.

What is the issue?
johnwooz likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 1K+1MM, MR Ttnm & lifetime PLT, Hilton Gld, IHG Pltn, Chi Dmd
Thumbs down ditto

Originally Posted by Tommys888
Interesting enough, I just got emails for refunding all my bookings (just got them, of course, money is not back yet - BTW i did not ask for refund nor had I issued with account since I am an old member) and in the meanwhile, I got 90000 Avios - I got avois pretty early, among the first batch of people.

What is the issue?
exactly the same just came through for me... all tickets refunded (no credits yet on CC) and I hadn’t requested refunds/etc. also, my Iberia avios account is several years old — and I already had my 90k avios deposited.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to threaten a class action... putting aside that any US claim would likely be preempted by the Airline Deregulation Act, the class action mechanism isnt as prominent in Spain, and the individual differences between those people who have yet -- in the 5 days since they started posting-- which would make this case a bad one for class treatment, this sounds like a great idea. I'm sure you found a lawyer who is "interested". That means....so much.
If you can't stand the risk of not getting your points out of a promotion like this, dont play the game. Here, they are even refunding you so you are left in the same position you would be had you not speculatively booked tickets you didnt intend to fly. Thus, no damages.

With all the terrible stuff in the world, to say "these people are the worst" shows a remarkable sense of entitlement or lack of awareness.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.