Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by frenchft
Class action. Already contacted an attorney, he is very interested in the case.
Let's wait end of the month to see what they mean by inconsistencies.
When I mentioned him those email he told me "even better", we will find people with old accounts and same routing, will be a nice one
I keep you all posted.

PS : I don't care about the comments and "happy people" around. I fly a lot, I don't have credit cards, all my miles and points are hard earned (100+ flights / 330+ nights every year), so I have participate in this promotion by respecting the rules and don't accept an airlines or whoever think they can play with customer and cheat. It's a question of business ethics and principle now. Nobody forced Iberia to run such a silly promotion.

glad someone else will be taking this further... still waiting to see what happens with my 90k bonus if i receive it or not but i will most definitely be taking this further if needs be. It’s principle especially as i booked these flights as i knew I’d be travelling to Spain a fair bit end of this year and start of next year so will be using the flights regardless and to now not have Iberia pay their end of the advertised deal is unacceotbable but like i say still waiting at the mo but hope I don’t need to
Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
EDIT: I just realized what it must be. When my name appeared on tickets [husbands too, and from what I gather many others]
they used our last name twice. Debit NM NM and of course my passport says Debit NM.
Their glitch and they are using it to get out of the deal

Now what IF my avios get posted? Not going to want them after receiving this email to my husband.

"Dear Mr. _____

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we may have caused you for not being able to respond until today the e-mail you sent us few days ago.

We correctly received your documentation, however, we are sorry to inform you that the details of your identification document do not match your Iberia Plus account information. Therefore, it is not possible for us to activate your account.

As an exceptional case, we inform you that you can request the total refund of your bookings (no extra charges).

In case you are interested in proceeding with the cancellation, please indicate us through this via your ticket number and the Iberia Plus account. The deadline to request the refund of your reservations is July 31 2018.

Kindest regards,

Your Iberia Plus Service Center."

----------
Perhaps it was a typo, who knows. Perhaps nothing at all. I can't even see it to know.

Last edited by DebitNM; Jul 7, 2018 at 1:02 pm
Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
As I had posted previously in this thread. I intend to fly all of my IB bookings next year - 5 round-trips to/from MAD booked as one-ways over a 2-day period. Surely that is consistent and flyable.

As a new IB Plus member, I had sent in my identity verification, as well as booking details. On the latter, you would think IB has your booking details already.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
My account is still unlocked but no bonus avios have posted yet. Should I contact someone or be patient?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by DebitNM
Now what IF my avios get posted? Not going to want them after receiving this email to my husband.

"Dear Mr. _____

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we may have caused you for not being able to respond until today the e-mail you sent us few days ago.

We correctly received your documentation, however, we are sorry to inform you that the details of your identification document do not match your Iberia Plus account information. Therefore, it is not possible for us to activate your account.

As an exceptional case, we inform you that you can request the total refund of your bookings (no extra charges).

In case you are interested in proceeding with the cancellation, please indicate us through this via your ticket number and the Iberia Plus account. The deadline to request the refund of your reservations is July 31 2018.

Kindest regards,

Your Iberia Plus Service Center."

----------
Perhaps it was a typo, who knows. Perhaps nothing at all. I can't even see it to know.
any idea what doesn't match? Your email is different than the one posted by others.

wondering if it is the repeating the last name because of the IB+ program setup.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
any idea what doesn't match? Your email is different than the one posted by others.

wondering if it is the repeating the last name because of the IB+ program setup.
I believe that is what must be causing the "non-matching identity information" I have edited my post above .
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by donotblink
My account is still unlocked but no bonus avios have posted yet. Should I contact someone or be patient?
Same here and they never answer email, take them 4 days between each message on facebook and twitter and the Call center answer is : "it's another department dealing with this, sorry".
Now I wait for either the miles either a pathetic email regarding inconsistencies in order to decide what is the best to do. Question of principle. I have ethics in business and expect others to act the same way : professional, ethical and respectful of contracts and T&C. Period.

Got a friend with an even more crazy story : old account (status with them) > points posted on Monday > today tickets refunds and points removed without asking him if he wants to fly (I understood he wanted to fly 5 out of 10 or something like that).

Guys, it's just the beginning of the story... pop corn time Is not over
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by DebitNM
I believe that is what must be causing the "non-matching identity information" I have edited my post above .
it's their system that caused last names to be repeated. I did not fill in the second surname section ... their system did. Guess I'll be getting that email soon.

I wish one of our blogger friends would start writing about this and get some publicity.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
it's their system that caused last names to be repeated. I did not fill in the second surname section ... their system did. Guess I'll be getting that email soon.

I wish one of our blogger friends would start writing about this and get some publicity.
Lucky did today : https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....consistencies/
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold

No second surname on my etickets, e-mail requesting ID and tickets, acknowledged, nothing further yet. OMAAT has written about it
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:53 pm

When I registered my account it asked for First Name and there were 2 different fields for last name.

On the first field I put my last name and on the second I ended up putting my middle name, so my name there is shown like this: FirstName LastName MiddleName.

Could this invalidate and cause the inconsistency everyone is talking about?

I have already received the new pin and an email from Iberia:

We correctly received your documentation and we would like to inform you that we have proceeded to activate your Iberia Plus account and to generate a new temporary access PIN code for you to enter into your Iberia Plus personal profile. You will receive it soon on the e-mail address associated to your Iberia Plus account.

Keep in mind that this is a temporary access PIN code; therefore, you must change it once you enter your profile.

Lastly, is it important to mention that we are still verifying all the information included in your bookings in order to confirm if you are eligible for crediting the corresponding Avios. We kindly ask you to wait a few more days.

We are sorry for the inconveniences this may have caused you.

We hope to continue with your reliability and take this opportunity to send you our warmest greetings.

My thought is that since I received this email saying that my account is now active, it means that they accepted my registration (if they said my name didn't match than why unblock my account?). So now they are checking my actual bookings (date, ect..) what do you guys think?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:36 pm

Not sure if anyone else is going through what I'm going through, but I had an old IB account, booked ten flights when logged in to my account on June 24 but have yet to have any points posted, nor have I had any emails from them. I logged into my account today and realised, that despite being logged in when booking them, the IB number wasn't on the bookings. So I've now added the my IB Plus number to all the bookings and am hoping that the points will get automatically posted.

Anyone else going through this and have any advice?

Last edited by mediamonkey; Jul 7, 2018 at 2:39 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mediamonkey
Not sure if anyone else is going through what I'm going through, but I had an old IB account, booked ten flights when logged in to my account on June 24 but have yet to have any points posted, nor have I had any emails from them. I logged into my account today and realised, that despite being logged in when booking them, the IB number wasn't on the bookings. So I've now added the my IB Plus number to all the bookings and am hoping that the points will get automatically posted.

Anyone else going through this and have any advice?
Did the confirmation emails show your IB#?
If so, you probably have a case. Start by emailing them requesting credit as you were eligible, but somehow the system did not include your IB# - even though you were logged in at the time. Include each of the email confirmations that contain your IB# - not the e-tickets as those do not have IB#s (yep, odd, but true).
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
I think this is what happened to my account - created almost a year ago, transferred some Chase points previously and account got activated. Took advantage of the promotion and got 90K points in my account already. IB then reviewed my account and thought my booking were suspicious. Therefore, they cancelled all my bookings and sent me refund notice (I got all of them sitting in my INBOX now though I did not ask for a refund) - YES, bookings were cancelled by IB and I can not see any bookings in my account.

Points were still there but I guess they will be taken away. Shall I immediately make the booking then?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Tommys888
I think this is what happened to my account - created almost a year ago, transferred some Chase points previously and account got activated. Took advantage of the promotion and got 90K points in my account already. IB then reviewed my account and thought my booking were suspicious. Therefore, they cancelled all my bookings and sent me refund notice (I got all of them sitting in my INBOX now though I did not ask for a refund) - YES, bookings were cancelled by IB and I can not see any bookings in my account.

Points were still there but I guess they will be taken away. Shall I immediately make the booking then?
Use them and throw away the IB account when they drop you into the negative. My only hesitation would be if you have it connected to BA though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.