Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:32 am

The 2000 avios offer is available today.

Is there no way to delete credit card information from Groupon.es? I wrote to customer service asking them to delete it, but it seems crazy that this can't be done from the website.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by rrgg
The 2000 avios offer is available today.
Thank you! Purchased.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
As usual, I am too late to the gate, but that's ok this time. Part of the problem, apart from actually travelling and being in the air, is that I changed my password and didn't note it down to take with me on my travels. I didn't want to go through the hassle of creating yet another password, and by the time I got around to checking this evening, the 2,000 Avios packages had gone. Shame that Iberia Plus is such a mess with passwords and the like (seem to have to create a new one every time I try to sign in).
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
As usual, I am too late to the gate, but that's ok this time. Part of the problem, apart from actually travelling and being in the air, is that I changed my password and didn't note it down to take with me on my travels. I didn't want to go through the hassle of creating yet another password, and by the time I got around to checking this evening, the 2,000 Avios packages had gone. Shame that Iberia Plus is such a mess with passwords and the like (seem to have to create a new one every time I try to sign in).
In case you don’t know, you don’t need your Iberia password to buy from Groupon.es.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh that's interesting. I thought you had to be logged in to pass through the IberiaPlusStore and access the Groupon site. So far, I have always done it like that and gained a not inconsiderable number of points for my purchases through the IberiaPlusStore.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:09 pm

Oh that's interesting. I thought you had to be logged in to pass through the IberiaPlusStore and access the Groupon site. So far, I have always done it like that and gained a not inconsiderable number of points for my purchases through the IberiaPlusStore.
The IberiaPlusStore is paying an extra 3 points per euro right now. Yes, it's extra points, but I'd give that up if I couldn't get my Iberia login to work.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, IberiPlusStore paid a heck of a lot more than that in the past, around 10 Avios per Euro. So I kept going that way. The other thing is, idiotically or otherwise, I just kept doing precisely the same laborious procedure each time I participated in this promotion. The reason is, it always functioned without any major problems, so I just kept the same old routine.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:35 pm

Actually, IberiPlusStore paid a heck of a lot more than that in the past, around 10 Avios per Euro. So I kept going that way. The other thing is, idiotically or otherwise, I just kept doing precisely the same laborious procedure each time I participated in this promotion. The reason is, it always functioned without any major problems, so I just kept the same old routine.
my success rate is about 50%. i.e. often it does not track.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:34 pm

Yes, me too, but that was then. Hopefully they raise the payout again.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's always tracked, and a couple of times it was really lucrative. That's why I've just kept doing it all the same way. Until I had to change the password a few weeks ago in order to get back in to my account.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:30 am

Piggybacking this as I can't seem to find an answer in the search...

Quick question.... can you transfer Avios from Iberia to a BA account that's part of a household group?

I know you can't to an Avios family account (not that these really exist any more I guess), but I wasn't sure on the BA accounts.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Usual offer available, via Iberia plustore then Groupon ES.

Avios 20 in the URL.

Plustore, when it tracks, is down to ~2 avios per €.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:01 am
Suspended

Is there currently a rebate code for new users? (No worries, I'm not trying to use multiple accounts, but purchase Avios for my mom who is in fact new to groupon.es.)
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by rjn21
Plustore, when it tracks, is down to ~2 avios per €.
Yeah, last time I got pathetic 36 Avios.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by ryanp
Is there currently a rebate code for new users? (No worries, I'm not trying to use multiple accounts, but purchase Avios for my mom who is in fact new to groupon.es.)
Is it against the rules to redeem 2 of these to the same account? I didn't try translating the T&C yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.