Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by Concerto
Seriously? I didn’t see it flagged anywhere, really. Is it still on? I did a search for “Avios” at Ventes Privées a couple of days ago and nothing came up.
No idea if it's alive, I never used them personally, only Groupon. But I seen it somewhere in the RSS news recently.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver

A new batch is on offer. Avios 17 in the URL. Usual pricing, usual referral via Plustore. Do consider what you would do if they don’t show up and whether you’re comfortable with the risk / price.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:59 pm

I've bought these in the past with paypal, because it always declined US credit cards. Today my visa worked.

In response to some other comments, I don't enter the "IB" letters when redeeming, just numbers.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Avios have gone on sale at Vente Privee today. Details at www.flyertalk.com/forum/30504520-post144.html

I don’t want to reactivate the Ventes Privée thread on the BA forum, because I don’t have any new info to add, but does anyone know what happened to those? Is that something that came, and vanished to never return?
Originally Posted by barracuda93
They had a sale of Avios recently.
Seriously? I didn’t see it flagged anywhere, really. Is it still on? I did a search for “Avios” at Ventes Privées a couple of days ago and nothing came up.
Originally Posted by barracuda93
No idea if it's alive, I never used them personally, only Groupon. But I seen it somewhere in the RSS news recently.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
There is also currently a cash back offer on Amex. I have it on my Platinum card. £20 off £100. Still not sure I would be a buyer at that price, even with the £20 off.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:58 am

A new round of Avios available

Details...

www.groupon.es/deals/avios-17

2,000 Avios for 19 € instead of 54 € [65% discount]
4,000 Avios for 54 € instead of 91 € [41% discount]
8,000 Avios for 99 € instead of 164 € [40% discount]
15,000 Avios for 189 € instead of 293 € [35% discount]
20,000 Avios for 249 € instead of 385 € [35% discount]
35,000 Avios for 439 € instead of 661 € [34% discount]

(+ 2 Avios per Euro via Iberia Plus Store)
( ibplustore.iberia.com/en/entertainment-and-leisure/groupon-es )

Purchase limit:
* 1 coupon per Iberia card for the option of 2,000 Avios
* 5 coupons per Iberia card for the option of 4,000, 20,000 and 35,000 Avios
* 10 coupons per Iberia card for all other options: 8,000 and 15,000 Avios

Redeem at: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKz3payqFxv4y5utMczzQmJBnrxGaYT4RY0_nLFIqv YLWTzQ/viewform

Redemption period is until 13 January.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Expat_852

(+ 2 Avios per Euro via Iberia Plus Store)
( ibplustore.iberia.com/en/entertainment-and-leisure/groupon-es )
For those based in Spain, Beruby has tracked at a 4% cashback rate.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by rjn21
Plustore is tracking at 5.05 avios per € spent. It used to be 10.1.
Now it’s further down to a pathetic 2 Avios per 1 EUR.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Avios have gone on sale at Vente Privee today. Details at www.flyertalk.com/forum/30504520-post144.html
Thanks very much for the heads up, because I'm keeping impossible hours at the moment. I went ahead and got 20,000 Avios in the Ventes Privées sale, but the site was being a bit buggy and it took some time to get there. As for the Iberia Groupon offer, the 2,000 Avios packages seem to have run out already, which is a bit strange because very few purchases have been made of the other packages so far.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:28 pm

Keep checking back. Recent sales have seen the 2,000 packages run-out initially but then restock later.

As for the Iberia Groupon offer, the 2,000 Avios packages seem to have run out already, which is a bit strange because very few purchases have been made of the other packages so far.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:03 pm

As for the Iberia Groupon offer, the 2,000 Avios packages seem to have run out already, which is a bit strange because very few purchases have been made of the other packages so far.
I guess because they make most sense and many people buy only these – unless they are in need of Avios for a specific redemption.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Keep checking back. Recent sales have seen the 2,000 packages run-out initially but then restock later.
Iberia Plus said I hadn’t logged in for several years, so I had to create a new password. I took a complicated one that the computer offered and I can’t remember what it is now. So it will have to wait until I get home (where I wrote it down) at silly o’clock. Our lives have been polluted beyond repair with this endless password sickness.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And now something has gone weirdly wrong with the Spanish Groupon site. I was just checking if I really had redeemed all my vouchers and went through the process for the most recent one. You end up on a form where you have to redeem the codes, where three languages seem to be vying for each other. Much of the explanatory text is in Spanish, in brackets it says Voucher Code in English, and for the space where the Groupon code should go there is a brief dropdown menu with the German Auswählen (choose). There is nothing to choose from, just something called Option 1, no possibility to enter the code. The security code could be entered, though, as well as the IB+ number.

It was almost impossible to sign out of groupon.es as well, a real mess. Why is everything so unbelievably crap? Because it really is unbelievable, we are almost in the 3rd decade of the 21st century. Groupon has not released any further 2,000 Avios packages, just in case you were wondering.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:25 am

How to redeem?

I'm a little confused on the redemption process. Do you just enter the security code along with your Iberia Plus account? I thought I would have to also enter the voucher number but the first field is just a drop down selection box that only allows you to select 'Option 1'.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by danny1911
I'm a little confused on the redemption process. Do you just enter the security code along with your Iberia Plus account? I thought I would have to also enter the voucher number but the first field is just a drop down selection box that only allows you to select 'Option 1'.
Looks like Groupon made a change and broke the redemption form. You'll have to email them and/or wait for it to be fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.