Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Old May 24, 2018, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Yun Chan
the one bought on last April, the state on Groupon used on 11May, but not yet received. Did anyone have similar case?
Canjeado el viernes, mayo 11º 2018
Fecha de compra:domingo, abril 29º 2018
I have the same. I have contacted groupon.es customer service two days ago. They replay, that this problem was passed to specialized team. Today I have got message, that they are still working on it. I assume they are now aware of the problem. We will see.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by Lantos
The Google doc redemption still works [or at least you get confiemed that in 10 days they will credit the avios]. But you cannot find the codes [unless you wrote them down]...
Which codes? I have downloaded the voucher, if you refer to voucher codes needed to redeem it for Avios. But I don't trust Google forms redemption
erik19283 likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:17 pm

Great! I just checked and I have received the second package of Avios I had bought this month, so everything worked well in the end; although, it took longer than expected to get the first batch of Avios.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
What a joke...

Bought 8000 and checking my account found that they only sent me 4000!

Been trying to send Groupon an e-mail, but their ...... website always keeps showing me the "Ops, we got a problem" after sending an email using their form....

Anyone has the same problem??
Old May 25, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by sodaisei
What a joke...

Bought 8000 and checking my account found that they only sent me 4000!

Been trying to send Groupon an e-mail, but their ...... website always keeps showing me the "Ops, we got a problem" after sending an email using their form....

Anyone has the same problem??
scroll up
Old May 25, 2018, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have had two packets of 2000 Avios credited to my account and one package of 4000. I’m missing a further packet of 2000. But I don’t know which one it will be because I bought several in rapid succession from the promotions as they appeared. So from now on I’m not going to buy into these promotions so often, maybe once every quarter or so.
Old May 28, 2018, 9:59 am

It's been 17 days and neither of the 2k or 8k I purchased have posted. Will not be partaking in this promo in the future.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suspect it will all turn up eventually, it just really takes time. What I will do is take part in the promotion much less often.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
I suspect it will all turn up eventually, it just really takes time. What I will do is take part in the promotion much less often.
I agree.

And it wouldn't really be such a bad thing if the offers came less frenetically and the 2,000 Avios packs lasted longer than a few hours.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:23 pm

Is there any type of e-mail notification when the points post, or do you just keep checking your IB accounts?
Old May 29, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Nothing posted so far, more than 3 weeks already.
Old May 29, 2018, 4:17 pm

I too am missing Avios points. I have tried contacting groupon.es through their support email page but it just errors out on me.

Does anyone have a direct email address that they could post or message me?
Old May 29, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Originally Posted by gizzard
I too am missing Avios points. I have tried contacting groupon.es through their support email page but it just errors out on me.

Does anyone have a direct email address that they could post or message me?
Same here
Old May 30, 2018, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You know with all the ongoing devaluations it might be better to stop participating in these professions altogether. I sometimes get the feeling I am throwing money away with this. I wonder if it would be more prudent to do it only if you have a specific redemption in mind.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
You know with all the ongoing devaluations it might be better to stop participating in these professions altogether. I sometimes get the feeling I am throwing money away with this. I wonder if it would be more prudent to do it only if you have a specific redemption in mind.
Thats's a good idea in theory, but when the points take weeks to post it kills your ability to plan the redemption in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.