Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 15 000 Avios with partners

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2013, 3:29 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
Originally Posted by mgo72
Would transfer Amex points of an Belgian Amex count?
Sure, why not? It just has to arrive onto your Iberia+ Account.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by piiit
What i would definitely add to the list is:

1. Transfer/Buy/Gift
2. Purchase on Board (Tienda a Bordo) - 12€ required for 15 Avios - if you fly on IB metal
3. E-Rewards might count though not listed and is an easy one
4. Entradas.com - Rey Leon - Lion King - 37€ if you want to go on the safe side
5. Wonderbox ~ 50€ - if you like this stuff and want to add a secure one
If it's not listed on the special website as a participating partner, I wouldn't count on it. So 1 and 3 are 99.9% out.

4 and 5 are fine if you actually want the stuff, although I'm under the impression that only a small number of the Wonderbox options give IB+ points.

Amex transfer is good and easy (if you have one).
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I just noticed that they don't seem to have an English language option. Must be a bit annoying for those who don't read Spanish...
The promotion seems rather difficult in general if not living in Spain. And we all know how it is if you don't speak Spanish once you get outside the areas tourists frequent. Hell, I tried IB's official communication in English and it always just seemed clunky and always comes out later. And that's for a major international airline joint owned by the UK!
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
If it's not listed on the special website as a participating partner, I wouldn't count on it. So 1 and 3 are 99.9% out.

4 and 5 are fine if you actually want the stuff, although I'm under the impression that only a small number of the Wonderbox options give IB+ points.

Amex transfer is good and easy (if you have one).
You can find 1 in the 'Bases legales' PDF. And if you ask IB+ Service via Email they confirm it is valid.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 3:31 pm

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Originally Posted by piiit
You can find 1 in the 'Bases legales' PDF. And if you ask IB+ Service via Email they confirm it is valid.
Can you point it to me where this stands? I did not find it. This would be a nce way to get another one.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mgo72
Can you point it to me where this stands? I did not find it. This would be a nce way to get another one.
http://www.tiraelguantedeiberiaplus....es_legales.pdf

If you get it great... But it wouldn't be the first time that Iberia Plus customer service don't understand the question particularly if posed in English...

I certainly read the third point to mean that the only participating partners are non-airlines, and clearly set out in the list on the website.

It doesn't really make a whole lot of logical sense to run a partners promotion then have buying Avios from Iberia qualify as a partner...
Old Jul 19, 2013, 2:40 am

Hello,

WHen you go to the IB+ website, there you see that all the hotels give 750 Avios per stay. Also Hampton Inn instead of the 150 here mentionned.

http://www.iberia.com/web/webPartner...drigam=IBPHOME

Any one has some experiences with it?

Have some hotel stays this weekend, and need to optimize it ;-)
Old Jul 20, 2013, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hamptons always give 20% of the miles of the main Hilton brands. I'd always trust the Hhonors website ahead of the Iberia one...
Old Jul 20, 2013, 1:46 pm

Euhm,

Panic!

On Hilton site for Iberia :

Iberia

Earn 1 Avios per 10 eligible US dollars spent at hotels and resorts within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands. (Up to 100 Avios per stay at Home2 Suites.)

On Iberia site for flexible :

15 Avios for 10USD.

Is the 1 Avios per 10USD correct? BA Avios gets 1 Avios per Dollar.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I was just wondering how you were all getting on with this promotion. Did everybody manage to complete the requisite number of activities? I guess it will take a little while for the points to show up, but I never got any for signing up for that language institute thing.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:25 am

Hi there,

i got 8 posted succesfully and am still waiting for 3 to post (Sheffield Centre is among them).

I also got Buy/Gift/Transfer confirmed in writing by the IB+ Support Center as a valid partner transaction. But only ONE of those 3 will count just like with PedrodelHierro/Cortefiel.

The only problem occurs if they post the points with posting date showing and NOT the actual transaction date. This happens EVERY time with Repsol and seems to occur as well with TodoVino so one should be prepared keeping the receipts/emails to be able to request the correct bonus via IberiaPlus Email Support. This actually saved me last year with the 'LosVisionAvios' Promo.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 1:55 am

I have normally 11 :-)

But the sheffield did not post yet. When did you get those points?
Old Aug 9, 2013, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also at 8. Still waiting for 2 of Sheffield, vinoseleccion and Starwood to post to get to 10...
Old Aug 10, 2013, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Sounds pretty good, you all seem fairly close to making it. I might give it a shot next year, if the promo comes around again, and if you all don't have too much of a nightmare following missing posts up.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got my 50 points from Sheffield, but it's posted with an August date, so won't qualify for this promo.

Still waiting for my SPG miles to appear. But SPG refuse to look at it until a minimum of 30 days pass... (I emailed them at about 26 days!)

Rather annoying that I'll probably miss out on the full bonus, since I could easily have picked up more partners (at a cost obviously), but I thought I was fine...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.