Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Activating Iberia Plus account in order to transfer BA Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Activating Iberia Plus account in order to transfer BA Avios

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:17 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Is it correct that booking through Iberia Plus that the fuel surcharges are less on IB flights, but not BA flights?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by frank_10b
Is it correct that booking through Iberia Plus that the fuel surcharges are less on IB flights, but not BA flights?
That is what I have heard.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Yes, much lower. Just did a quick search and ORD-MAD would be $227.87 total for taxes and fees RT in business next summer.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by frank_10b
What about fuel surcharges on Iberia plus bookings for OTHER OneWorld Partners?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
The purchasing and transferring points option seem to draw a blank (literally).. is it because its 4am in Madrid right away and there is maintenence?

Funny too that the website can't find a single KUL-HKG flight available for award booking..
Old Sep 10, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: BA silver,
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
The purchasing and transferring points option seem to draw a blank (literally).. is it because its 4am in Madrid right away and there is maintenence?

Funny too that the website can't find a single KUL-HKG flight available for award booking..
Still blank in UK at 14:30
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Its working now !
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by WrightHI
Yes, much lower. Just did a quick search and ORD-MAD would be $227.87 total for taxes and fees RT in business next summer.
Through BA or IB?
Old Sep 10, 2015, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Through BA or IB?
That's booking through IB+ on IB metal. The same flights booked through BA would cost hundreds of dollars more in surcharges.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: DDF Gold Elite, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, PC PLT, BW DE, CC GE, CP PLT, HH GE, Accor PLT
My Iberia account was open for > than 90 days and I just deposited 200 MR into the account, but it won't let me transfer. I called IB and they said MR is not considered activity. Called another few times to no avail. Can anyone here help? Not a household account.

Last edited by SamKey; Oct 22, 2015 at 9:52 am
Old Oct 22, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by SamKey
My Iberia account was open for > than 90 days and I just deposited 200 MR into the account, but it won't let me transfer. I called IB and they said MR is not considered activity. Called another few times to no avail. Can anyone here help? Not a household account.
So the only activity the account has ever seen is the MR transfer? Can you Wait to try some of the techniques described above, which typically take 30+ days? I think it has also been reported than buying Avios activates an account immediately, but a bit risky to try if those Avios could also then be be stuck...
Old Oct 25, 2015, 1:36 am

Programs: DDF Gold Elite, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, PC PLT, BW DE, CC GE, CP PLT, HH GE, Accor PLT
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
So the only activity the account has ever seen is the MR transfer? Can you Wait to try some of the techniques described above, which typically take 30+ days? I think it has also been reported than buying Avios activates an account immediately, but a bit risky to try if those Avios could also then be be stuck...
Just tried online and it worked. Must take a few a few days even after the MR transfer goes through for it to work.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 1:44 pm

Possibly of interest to those near a Chic Outlet Shopping looking for ways to activate an account:
  • London: Bicester Village
  • Dublin: Kildare Village
  • Paris: La Vallée Village
  • Frankfurt: Wertheim Village
  • Munich: Ingolstadt Village
  • Brussels, Antwerp, Cologne: Maasmechelen Village
  • Milan, Bologna: Fidenza Village
  • Barcelona: La Roca Village
  • Madrid: Las Rozas Village
  • Suzhou: Suzhou Village
  • Shanghai: Shanghai Village

Iberia list them as a shopping partner, earning 15 Avios per £12 or EUR12. I was near Bicester to day, so popped in to see how easy this was. Bought a new kitchen knife in the Henkels shop, then went to the village information centre right next door. No hassle getting the points awarded, just had to give IB number (card not inspected), receipts and credit card used to pay (although this didn't seem to get checked closely).

One niggle that I didn't spot until after leaving is that the 2x bonus Avios didn't seem to be awarded , but maybe this happens when IB process it ?

I'll try to remember to see how long it takes for them to land in IB account and report back. My IB a/c is already pretty well used, so I can't tell if this would actually activate it but I can't see why it wouldn't.

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Oct 27, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Old Nov 13, 2016, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
I'll try to remember to see how long it takes for them to land in IB account and report back. My IB a/c is already pretty well used, so I can't tell if this would actually activate it but I can't see why it wouldn't.
Not sure exactly when they posted, but they are there now (with the shopping date as the transaction date) ^.

No 2x bonus though, although I won't bother chasing it .
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:07 am
Suspended

Has anybody successfully activated with tickets bought through www.lovetheatre.com ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.