Community
Wiki Posts
Search

reward ticket cancel/change fees

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Also, if you know someone that speaks Spanish, service is MUCH better in Spanish.
can second that – service in Spanish (and calling the call center in Spain) has in my experience always been rather courteous, helpful and at times even outstanding.
Same goes for the Twitter team – write them in Spanish and you usually have a useful answer with the hour (if sent during European business hours)
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Anyone know what fees I'd need to pay to upgrade an award ticket to a higher class of service through IB? Looking to book US-MAD-XXX using IB Avios, with the long-haul segment in premium economy and the connecting flight in Y. If a business award opens on the long-haul, would I just need to pay the 25EUR fee plus any additional taxes? And how easy is this process?

Appreciate any advice!
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Deemus7
Anyone know what fees I'd need to pay to upgrade an award ticket to a higher class of service through IB? Looking to book US-MAD-XXX using IB Avios, with the long-haul segment in premium economy and the connecting flight in Y. If a business award opens on the long-haul, would I just need to pay the 25EUR fee plus any additional taxes? And how easy is this process?

Appreciate any advice!
Actually, the agent will probably process it as a cancellation of your existing award and making a new award for you. Keep that in mind since you will need to have enough Avios on hand to cover a full reward in J and hope that award space on the connecting leg is still there.

P.S. if you have a connecting flight on AA or another Oneworld partner you can't change or cancel the award booking.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Actually, the agent will probably process it as a cancellation of your existing award and making a new award for you. Keep that in mind since you will need to have enough Avios on hand to cover a full reward in J and hope that award space on the connecting leg is still there.

P.S. if you have a connecting flight on AA or another Oneworld partner you can't change or cancel the award booking.
Thanks! Have plenty of Chase and Amex points to transfer if/when space opens up. Connecting flight is on IB so no problem there.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks! Have plenty of Chase and Amex points to transfer if/when space opens up. Connecting flight is on IB so no problem there.
Yeah, but IB+ refunds are slow, so you'll have to move a bunch of credit card points to fund a completely new ticket, and then leave the refunded Avios stranded there until your next trip.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:05 pm

Yeah, but IB+ refunds are slow, so you'll have to move a bunch of credit card points to fund a completely new ticket, and then leave the refunded Avios stranded there until your next trip.
Interesting. So given the option of booking economy through AA or premium economy through IB in the hopes of upgrading to J if/when space opens up, which would you take?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting. So given the option of booking economy through AA or premium economy through IB in the hopes of upgrading to J if/when space opens up, which would you take?
I think you've missed the point in other threads that IB don't often open up additional J space closer to departure. So book the cabin you want to travel in, and be pleasantly surprised if something better comes along.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:00 am

Perhaps I am the lucky one out there but my IB+ refunds were usually back on the account in 2 or 3 days and the refund of the fees on the CC not much later
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by noturbulence
Perhaps I am the lucky one out there but my IB+ refunds were usually back on the account in 2 or 3 days and the refund of the fees on the CC not much later
That's 2-3 days slower than the OP would need to cancel and immediately re-book something...

I don't particularly mind the delay either, but many other programmes manage to refund your miles immediately so 2-3 days is nothing to write home about.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:32 am

If the tax/fees is under 25 euro, do they charge the differences for refund or one doesn't have to pay it? (aka BA refund policy)
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by harry0233
If the tax/fees is under 25 euro, do they charge the differences for refund or one doesn't have to pay it? (aka BA refund policy)
You don't pay it.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by UKdiver
BA/IB/Air Nostrum flights are refundable, even in Blue class, less EUR25 fee per booking. Vueling (and other carrier) flights are non refundable/changeable. This can only be done by call centre.
I really want to believe this post (which is just 1 year old), but when I look at the Iberia Plus T&Cs, both in English and in Spanish, only Iberia, Iberia Express, Iberia Regional/Air Nostrum are listed as refundable. Is BA no longer refundable now?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: QF WP
I have 2 IB flights JNB-MAD-ATH all on one PNR plated on QF ....IB cancelled the first flight and rescheduled us for the following day but forgot or ignored the connecting MAD-ATH segment....now IB dont wont to know about it and QF have asked the one world desk to assist in freeing up 2 D seats for the MAD-ATH sector....thoughts as to how to proceed please ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.