Community
Wiki Posts
Search

reward ticket cancel/change fees

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2015, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by wiivile
I don't understand why anyone would want the Turista class that is fully flexible when it costs so many more Avios as opposed to just a 25 EUR fee in the event that you would want to change/cancel with the Blue class?
There is more availability in Turista.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Yllanes
There is more availability in Turista.
Not to mention there is often last minute availability.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:05 pm

I am almost ready to book 2 one-way award flights with Iberia: JFK-MAD-Milan and Toulouse-MAD-JFK, and I wanted to check out details for changing plans before I transfer points from Chase and AmEx.

For biz class transatlantic/non-blue econ in Europe it's 58,250 avios+ 93.38 euros going, and 57,000 avios+ 177.35 euros coming back. If I cancel everything is the fee 25 euro x2 or x4? Can I put it all on one ticket and have the fee be 25 euro for all of it?

thanks.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by joscofra
I am almost ready to book 2 one-way award flights with Iberia: JFK-MAD-Milan and Toulouse-MAD-JFK, and I wanted to check out details for changing plans before I transfer points from Chase and AmEx.

For biz class transatlantic/non-blue econ in Europe it's 58,250 avios+ 93.38 euros going, and 57,000 avios+ 177.35 euros coming back. If I cancel everything is the fee 25 euro x2 or x4? Can I put it all on one ticket and have the fee be 25 euro for all of it?

thanks.
Hello joscofra,

If you book 2 one-way award flights and you have to cancel the fee would be 25 euro *2.

I am not sure if you can book an open jaw award ticket with IB+. IIRC through the web you do not this possibility, probably it can be done by phone.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 2:10 pm

Has anyone found documentation of the 25 euro change fee for an Iberia award? I may get 2 business awards on a one-way flight and would like to double-check the terms if possible. Thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rrgg
Has anyone found documentation of the 25 euro change fee for an Iberia award? I may get 2 business awards on a one-way flight and would like to double-check the terms if possible. Thanks.
Documentation? Just do a dummy booking and read the terms and conditions for cancellation.

25 euros per person per ticket.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat
We current have two one way tickets booked:

1. MEX > MAD in J

2. MAD > JFK in J

On both legs we would like to add BCN so that our final itinerary is as follows:

1. MEX > MAD > BCN

2. BCN > MAD (stopover) > JFK

Before booking MAD > BCN round trip (either using Points or Cash) will Iberia allow us to add this leg to either booking?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EWRTravelers
We current have two one way tickets booked:

1. MEX > MAD in J

2. MAD > JFK in J

On both legs we would like to add BCN so that our final itinerary is as follows:

1. MEX > MAD > BCN

2. BCN > MAD (stopover) > JFK

Before booking MAD > BCN round trip (either using Points or Cash) will Iberia allow us to add this leg to either booking?
1. Iberia might allow you to add the MAD-BCN on the end of 1, but will probably charge a change fee.

2. Just book a Puente Aereo / Air Bridge award separately. 4500 Avios and you just go to the airport and hop on the next flight. Completely flexible.

In fact, you can consider booking a Puente Aereo for the MAD-BCN. Yes, you will have to collect your bags and check-in again at MAD, but the shuttle flights are so easy and zero risk for mis-connects - just hop on the next flight...
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
So is the no-changes, no refund for IB partner, BA , still stands?

I booked a BA flight through IB+ as it was cheaper in cash+points than over at BAEC. But now it looks like I'll just buy the ticket so need to refund this award.

I think I booked mine under Blue class.

So am I scr*wed ? No refund of miles and cash whatsoever?

Edited : I just saw this under my booking , in an email with the confirmed booking..

So I guess I am good for cancellation.. So would that mean that they'll take the 25 penalty from the cost that I originally paid for the award, eg €68.70 minus €25? Or would it be separate?

Double update : Called IB+. Yes to cancel. Yes to fee. But no refund of AVIOS. Bummer.
So just to be clear, when you request a refund for a Blue booking, you only get the taxes back and not the Avios?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by dtokuda
So just to be clear, when you request a refund for a Blue booking, you only get the taxes back and not the Avios?
Hi,

I understood that you were also getting the avios back with Blue bookings, when this has changed?

On a similar subject I cancelled an avios ticket, in Biz class, 8 days ago and the reimbursement has not arrived yet.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 5:03 am

Deleted

Last edited by more4less; Apr 9, 2016 at 5:16 am Reason: Double post
Old Apr 10, 2016, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by more4less
Hi,

I understood that you were also getting the avios back with Blue bookings, when this has changed?

On a similar subject I cancelled an avios ticket, in Biz class, 8 days ago and the reimbursement has not arrived yet.
After checking another thread (for some reason the FAQ on canceling award bookings returns a blank page on IB's site), I think GuyBetsy might've been mistaken about not being refunded the Avios, or at least it isn't policy.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Stalwart BAEC member here but may need to make my first Avios booking via IB for some connecting flights, because of availability issues with BA. Is this a correct summary of the position -

- Flights on IB / Vueling / Air Nostrum are refundable as to Avios and fees with a €25 penalty if the booking contains a sector in Blue economy or business, but would be completely free if it only has flex economy legs ?

- If the booking contains a OW flight, the booking is non-refundable, or is it just the OW sector that is non-refundable ?

- IB Avios bookings can only be cancelled by phone and the CS agents have a limited grasp of the rules ??

As a separate question does IB ever have award availability on UK/Spain routes, which BA does not (I am BA Gold but have no IB status) ?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
BA/IB/Air Nostrum flights are refundable, even in Blue class, less EUR25 fee per booking. Vueling (and other carrier) flights are non refundable/changeable. This can only be done by call centre.

Call centre is pretty poor, as is the Twitter team.

Yes, IB has award availability on its flights where BA does not. It usually is in the Turista class. Sometimes internal connections with international will show availability where separate searches will not on IB. Eg., you might find OVD-MAD-SCL availability but not MAD-SCL.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Also, if you know someone that speaks Spanish, service is MUCH better in Spanish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.