Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to flying Iberia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by ginger50
I believe that this gem first came from HIDDY.
That's it; I couldn't remember. Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2011, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by LeisureFirst

I have not had a problem selecting seats in MMB on ba.com for an IB-operated codeshare LHR-MAD. Are you talking about domestic Spanish flights?
Really? I have never been able to pre-select seats online unless booked on IB.com.

I would never fly in M on an IB-operated flight if I could possible avoid it because of the cramped seating and the inability (AFAIK) for a Sapphire to pre-select an exit row. C class is quite nice though - better than Club Europe.
no pre-selecting an exit seat is impossible, but they can normally be bagged at T-36.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 12:55 am

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
Originally Posted by globalste
Really? I have never been able to pre-select seats online unless booked on IB.com.

no pre-selecting an exit seat is impossible, but they can normally be bagged at T-36.
Grrr! I am on BA tickets but IB metal for the second leg of LHR - MAD - VGO and I thought I would snag an exit row at T-36. The IB site said no.... because of my connections.... the BA site said this:

LHR - MAD
It is too early to check-in for this flight.
Online Check-in is available between 24 hours and 1 hour before your flight departs
and...
MAD - VGO
Sorry, Online Check-in is not available for this particular flight because you are unable to check-in for an earlier flight in your itinerary.
Grrr!
Old Jan 22, 2011, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Ah yes, flying BA metal first c*cks things up. Normally you can select a seat at T-36 though.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Edited to include quirks of mobile boarding pass and also the latest stupid policy on bringing your own drink on board.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
And what's with Points and miles for Iberia coded flights operated by Vueling?
would love to know too. I flew ORY=BCN on Vueling under an Iberia flight number last week, and have yet to see any points posted on my BAEC account. The flight was showing in MMB so I assume I will get something ?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:57 am
Original Poster

You don't receive points from Iberia partners.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by globalste
You don't receive points from Iberia partners.
Yes, from Air Nostrum but not Vueling it seems, what you get when a Vueling flight connects to a flight operated by Iberia is another question.
and it seems like there'll be a lot of that soon

ref.
Vueling to lease six A320s from Iberia and take over routes
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16051036-post18.html
Old Mar 18, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Junior Jet Club
Just flew to BCN on one of the very new A320s...so not sure it is accurate that Iberian routes get old Airbuses
Old Mar 19, 2011, 1:08 am

There are plenty of threads about IB and related here

<redacted after Forum establishment>

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 27, 2011 at 4:21 pm
Old Apr 26, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Yes, from Air Nostrum but not Vueling it seems, what you get when a Vueling flight connects to a flight operated by Iberia is another question.
and it seems like there'll be a lot of that soon

ref.
Vueling to lease six A320s from Iberia and take over routes
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16051036-post18.html
I'm taking a Malaga-Barcelona flight tomorrow. Booked via Iberia.com (BA GGL couldn't book it). It's operated by Vueling. It's showing on ba.com mmb as 10 TPs for standard economy (wasn't given option to buy flexible; no business class seats onboard).

I'm expecting 'posting issues' on this one...
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by MileHighLawyer
I'm taking a Malaga-Barcelona flight tomorrow. Booked via Iberia.com (BA GGL couldn't book it). It's operated by Vueling. It's showing on ba.com mmb as 10 TPs for standard economy (wasn't given option to buy flexible; no business class seats onboard).

let us know how it goes?!

I've got a MAD-ALC flight in June, it was book before the Vueling deal, it does also say 10 TPs and have done so since I booked it

My booking confirmation say IB0356 but ba.com mmb now says IB5336

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Apr 27, 2011 at 11:11 am
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, Blue & Silver again!! Monarch Vantage GOLD!!!! HiltonHonors Gold
let us know how it goes?!

I've got a MAD-ALC flight in June, it was book before the Vueling deal, it does also say 10 TPs and have done so since I booked it

My booking confirmation say IB0356 but ba.com mmb now says IB5336
I too am booked LHR - MAD - ALC in August which switched to a Vueling flight and BA have just cancelled the Vueling legs of the Booking. They gave me the option of switching to The IB operated flight at 16:00 or they said they could issue paper tickets for my original itinerary but it seemed that was not what they really wanted to do.
I also somewhere have received an extra 10tp's! originally I was getting 40 now it says 50 on MMB
Old May 30, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver (soft landing!), HH Gold
running into some issues described in this thread for the last leg of a JER-LPA in Y, last leg is a BA codeshare down to LPA from MAD operated by IB.

I'm having problems with seat selection on ba.com, but was told by Gold line that due to the IAG 'merger' this should not be the case any longer. Has anyone head anything further on this post-merger? Have tried the AY site, and had some joy, although not on exit rows for the A321, though A320 does seem to work, no idea whether it will still exist as a reserved seat at t-24 though!

Also, wondering if there a similar setup on IB in Y to BA, where seats A/C at the front of the cabin are kept as per business config, with no 'B' seat? I usually grab these on BA, but it does look like the exit row in IB might be the best option.... never flown them before
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by MileHighLawyer

did you get any TPs?
With so many IB flights now operated by Vueling it is scandalous if we don't get TPs and miles...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.