Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2014, 1:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

BRG confirmed through hoteltravel.com at GH Washington. $123/night
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:46 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Denied for hotelplanner.com just now because "the booking is not immediately confirmable". Despite this on the website:

http://imgur.com/C6ztsjO

It doesn't get any clear than that.

Wow. Just wow. I'm very, very disappointed.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 1:49 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
The new system doesn't work. BRGs are being denied incorrectly and emails aren't responded to. I will continue to phone.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 2:28 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
The worst thing about the new BRG is, that emails are never answered!
Old Jun 16, 2014, 4:34 am

BRG approved for andaz Wall Street, now at $142/night. Thanks Hyatt!
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:26 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hyatt Best Rate Guarantee

Hello Flyertalkers!

Happy Monday to everyone. I do apologize for the confusion, but I did want to address the last couple of posts.

Hotelplanner.com has been verified as a valid site at this time. If you have had a BRG denied, please let me know and I will be happy to look into it for you.

I have checked through all of the submissions, and am showing that all email submissions have been answered. If you have not received a response, please check your spam folder or let me know.

I understand that this is a new process, and there will no doubt be some hiccups, but we are working hard to streamline this process.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best,

Dana Mowrey
Guest Relations Manager
[email protected]
Old Jun 16, 2014, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello Flyertalkers!

Happy Monday to everyone. I do apologize for the confusion, but I did want to address the last couple of posts.

Hotelplanner.com has been verified as a valid site at this time. If you have had a BRG denied, please let me know and I will be happy to look into it for you.

I have checked through all of the submissions, and am showing that all email submissions have been answered. If you have not received a response, please check your spam folder or let me know.

I understand that this is a new process, and there will no doubt be some hiccups, but we are working hard to streamline this process.

Best,

Dana Mowrey
Guest Relations Manager
[email protected]
Dear Dana,

I had definately two claims, where emails were not answered. In one case the claim was approved but with incorrect conditions, the second one was incorrectly denied. In both cases I replied to the email and got no reply. In the first case I contacted the twitter concierge after several emails and days and they corrected it after some tweets. The second case I just cancelled.

So it is definately true, that emails are sometimes not answered.

And many thanks to the Twitter team!

Last edited by peter42; Jun 16, 2014 at 3:17 pm
Old Jun 16, 2014, 4:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello Flyertalkers!

Best,

Dana Mowrey
Guest Relations Manager
[email protected]
Thank you kindly for the follow-up.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

A short time ago I spoke with a guest relations supervisor/manager in Omaha (whose full name I have) who swore black and blue that for a BRG to be considered, there must be an existing reservation through Hyatt.

I asked her to show me where that was on the website. She offered to phone me back. I said I'll hold. She couldn't find it but said it was there. I said I'll hold. She then referred to the field "Confirmation #". I asked her to note the proceeding field "Existing Reservation?" and the option to choose yes or no. I asked her why there would be an option for no if a reservation was a requirement. She said, verbatim, "If you said no we would have to email you and say you must have a reservation first".

And this not from a frontline agent but a supervisor.

Wow. Two massive failures (admittedly, Gold Passport Concierge very kindly reported back to correct one) in two days.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by peter42
The worst thing about the new BRG is, that emails are never answered!
3 emails- no answer
Old Jun 17, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB

The new process works ok for me, however I observe a trend to make the BRG rate a non-refundable advance purchase every time around. The reason given is that 'the lowest rate on Hyatt.com is advance purchase'.

This makes no sense to me if the competing rate is in fact a flexible rate. Why wouldn't the conditions of the lower rate prevail ?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by banzani
The new process works ok for me, however I observe a trend to make the BRG rate a non-refundable advance purchase every time around. The reason given is that 'the lowest rate on Hyatt.com is advance purchase'.

This makes no sense to me if the competing rate is in fact a flexible rate. Why wouldn't the conditions of the lower rate prevail ?
Not accounting for agent oversight or errors, I thought that was always the way it worked (or was supposed to, anyway)?

e.g.
Hyatt flex / Competing non-ref: BRG becomes Flex
Hyatt non-ref / Competing flex: BRG becomes Non-ref

It only becomes a problem if the above starts being applied incorrectly. Would be good to have confirmation of official policy, though.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Not accounting for agent oversight or errors, I thought that was always the way it worked (or was supposed to, anyway)?

e.g.
Hyatt flex / Competing non-ref: BRG becomes Flex
Hyatt non-ref / Competing flex: BRG becomes Non-ref

It only becomes a problem if the above starts being applied incorrectly. Would be good to have confirmation of official policy, though.
No it was posted way up in this thread, that the rules of the competing rate apply.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

A few moments ago a BRG agent told me “A lot of the time the screenshots don’t come through".
Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:22 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by danger
A short time ago I spoke with a guest relations supervisor/manager in Omaha (whose full name I have) who swore black and blue that for a BRG to be considered, there must be an existing reservation through Hyatt.
I have also been told this by email - as it was agreed the BRG would go through I didn't mind making the reservation but hopefully this isn't procedure - such a waste of time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.