Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I submitted BGR (online form) for Grand Hyatt Tokyo using a rate found on CTrip. Let's see what happens.

P.S. Am I the only one that finds it strange that GHT has same or higher rates than PHT?
Old May 28, 2014, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Found a massive spread at Park Hyatt Tokyo - AMEX rate for Park View King is $319 less than Hyatt's ($406 vs. $725). Submitted BRG claim via webform.
Old May 28, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Found a massive spread at Park Hyatt Tokyo - AMEX rate for Park View King is $319 less than Hyatt's ($406 vs. $725). Submitted BRG claim via webform.
Would that work, considering that you have to be an AMEX member to get that rate?
Old May 28, 2014, 2:53 pm

First time I have ever seen it lower. Did you click through as the AMEX rate does not show taxes until the last screen and the price always is about $100 more than the Hyatt.com rate. Additionally it is not going to be eligible for the BRG. Finally the AMEX rates are eligible for points earning, etc and unless you are a Diamond they have better benefits than the 20% is going to get you basically.
Old May 28, 2014, 4:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
First time I have ever seen it lower. Did you click through as the AMEX rate does not show taxes until the last screen and the price always is about $100 more than the Hyatt.com rate. Additionally it is not going to be eligible for the BRG. Finally the AMEX rates are eligible for points earning, etc and unless you are a Diamond they have better benefits than the 20% is going to get you basically.
I know how to read hotel rates. Both rates (AMEX and Hyatt) are exclusive of taxes.

You do not have to hold a card to get that rate. You are all thinking of AMEX Fine Hotels & Resorts which is only available to Platinum and Centurion card holders. This is a publicly available rate through AMEX travel.
Old May 28, 2014, 5:52 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I know how to read hotel rates. Both rates (AMEX and Hyatt) are exclusive of taxes.

You do not have to hold a card to get that rate. You are all thinking of AMEX Fine Hotels & Resorts which is only available to Platinum and Centurion card holders. This is a publicly available rate through AMEX travel.
You picked very good dates For my dates (end of September), AMEX gives $407 or 408 but for the lowest level room; $567 or something like that for Park View King.

Good luck!
Old May 28, 2014, 10:29 pm

Filed a BRG claim online yesterday for Grand Hyatt Guangzhou and it was approved today! The hyatt.com rate for a Grand View room was RMB 1500, but getaroom.com was RMB 966 for the same room. My approved rate is RMB 772 and they made me a reservation for two rooms as I requested in the claim.
Old May 28, 2014, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Rusdude
Am I the only one that finds it strange that GHT has same or higher rates than PHT?
When I was shopping early in the year for hotels for early April, PH was also cheaper than Grand Hyatt for my dates, a LOT cheaper, which was strange. I found it on Kayak.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
Agree with hailstorm; for a 1-night Hyatt Place in Orlando

1) submitted online (1st rate): rejected (advance purchase cheaper than comp. rate - noob error on my part)
2) submitted online (2nd rate): rejected ("not immediately bookable")

3) called (re: 2nd rate): after 28 mins, confirmed it was immediately bookable/confirmable after walking rep step-by-step thru comp. site, BRG success.

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Did you Hang Up And Call Again?

You haven't really tried until you've been rejected thrice.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
A datapoint-

If you get rejected for submitting a claim against Galahotels for the reason that it is a membership site, DO NOT GIVE UP!

There are in fact some reps that are not familiar with the new policy, and are unfairly denying claims for this reason.

After a complaint email to one of the VP's, I was told that the rep was in fact wrong in denying the claim, and that Galahotels does in fact qualify in this case.

Apparently there is going to be a memo sent around to (hopefully) fix this issue.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I submitted BGR (online form) for Grand Hyatt Tokyo using a rate found on CTrip. Let's see what happens.
So what was the verdict? Or are you still waiting for a response like me...

P.S. Am I the only one that finds it strange that GHT has same or higher rates than PHT?
Three reasons for this.

1. Location
2. Location
3. Location
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

57 hours since filing my BRG claim: no response.

25 hours since firing off an email to GP asking about it: no response.

This new system gets a big fat from me so far. Do I really have to get all DYKWIA to have a human being acknowledge my existence?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold

This new system gets a big fat from me so far. Do I really have to get all DYKWIA to have a human being acknowledge my existence?
I think you got unlucky because I've tried a few now and haven't had more than a 28-hour wait. I'd just call in (800.323.7249) to ask about the status of your claim.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

I had an issue when submitting a claim with a png screenshot. I called them and they had no record of it. The guy stayed on the phone with me while I submitted another (jpg screenshot) and verified that it was submitted.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
I had an issue when submitting a claim with a png screenshot. I called them and they had no record of it. The guy stayed on the phone with me while I submitted another (jpg screenshot) and verified that it was submitted.
Not accepting PNG files is a pretty major issue! It's the standard screenshot format on a Mac.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.