Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bambikatz
Searched through this thread and couldn't find an answer. I've done BRGs before, but this is a tad different and wanted to get some input and educate myself before I called Hyatt.

Does BRG work for a rate with more than the standard double occupancy. For example, I want to book one room with 4 adults and when I search around I get this:

Hyatt rate for 2 people is $200
Hyatt rate for 4 people is $400
Orbitz rate for 2 people $200
Orbitz rate for 4 people is $400
Hotels.com rate for 2 people is $200
Hotels.com rate for 2 people is $200

Does anyone have insight into whether it would it be possible to BRG with the Hotels.com $200 rate for 4 people against the Hyatt rate for 4 people at $400?

The T&C's says: "If you find a publicly available and immediately bookable room-only rate on the Internet for a Hyatt Hotel ("Competing Rate") that is lower than the room rate available for the same reservation on http://www.hyatt.com (i.e., same hotel, same type of room, same number of guests, same dates of stay and same length of stay), then prior to or within 24 hours of booking the reservation on http://www.hyatt.com, please call Hyatt Hotels & Resorts"

Thanks in advance!
Yes.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:19 pm

Thing is hotels.com dos not guarantee there won't be extra person charges when I have seen situations like that.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
I can echo some of the frustration here....just tried a BRG for GH Berlin:
1. "this hotel requires a 2 night minimum"...well not true so I booked on Hyatt first and advised the confirmation number
2. "the comparison site requires a member log-in"...well, firstly it does not, and secondly I've used it half a dozen times already
3. "I checked with my supervisor and we can't honor the BRG claim because the hotel is almost full"....well, this is where I gave up and booked the Westin.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by banzani
I can echo some of the frustration here....just tried a BRG for GH Berlin:
1. "this hotel requires a 2 night minimum"...well not true so I booked on Hyatt first and advised the confirmation number
2. "the comparison site requires a member log-in"...well, firstly it does not, and secondly I've used it half a dozen times already
3. "I checked with my supervisor and we can't honor the BRG claim because the hotel is almost full"....well, this is where I gave up and booked the Westin.
My last three claims have all been rejected. As above - reason 2....
It's so stupid. Agoda is my problem site. It's neither a voucher site nor does it require login... Nowhere!!!!

HYATT - FIX THIS NOW!
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Will the "My Elite Rate" work against BRG claims? As in they will deny a claim based on a lower priced Elite rate that is not available to those without status?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:46 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Will the "My Elite Rate" work against BRG claims? As in they will deny a claim based on a lower priced Elite rate that is not available to those without status?
Considering they approve a claim before getting your personal information to officially make the reservation, I can't imagine that would be the case.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD

Ok I am now totally done with this. Called again for GH Berlin because the hotel now had a normal rate on Hyatt.com. Same competing rate like before, but wonder what, flavor of today is it is not eligible. No point that it would have been eligible a week ago or was eligible several times in the past. What a waste of time, Westin here I come.

Hyatt, this is totally ridiculous, stop pretending to offer a BRG.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:18 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Trying to get through their call center for the BRG... 1-402-593-5073 but the line is very bad... dropped twice already (I'm in Singapore, might be my office side as well...)

Is it possible to simply call GP and have them apply the BRG, if it's a valid claim?

After reading all these "when taxes are included, it's considered a package and not eligible for BRG" threads, the following should be legit:

HR Tokyo:
Olotels.com quotes $182.86 + $9.14 taxes
Hyatt.com quotes $259.39 + taxes

Both rates are non-refundable. Olotels does not include breakfast and Hyatt.com lists it as "advance purchase".

Will try to call again but the bad line is getting on my nerves haha. I find it a pain that you need to call... Starwood has a claim page that makes it so much easier. It might not be instant but usually gets you a yes or no within 24H. I just take screen prints of both sites for proof....
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by enelym1978
Trying to get through their call center for the BRG... 1-402-593-5073 but the line is very bad... dropped twice already (I'm in Singapore, might be my office side as well...)

Is it possible to simply call GP and have them apply the BRG, if it's a valid claim?
Better still, just call your local Hyatt office in Singapore for this. They can't actually adjust the rate, but they should be able to confirm the BRG and ask Hyatt GP to do so.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 5:36 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by enelym1978

After reading all these "when taxes are included, it's considered a package and not eligible for BRG" threads, the following should be legit:

HR Tokyo:
Olotels.com quotes $182.86 + $9.14 taxes
Hyatt.com quotes $259.39 + taxes

Both rates are non-refundable. Olotels does not include breakfast and Hyatt.com lists it as "advance purchase".

Will try to call again but the bad line is getting on my nerves haha. I find it a pain that you need to call... Starwood has a claim page that makes it so much easier. It might not be instant but usually gets you a yes or no within 24H. I just take screen prints of both sites for proof....
Olotels.com won't work, it is on their magic list of websites they chose to not honour...
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:58 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Olotels.com won't work, it is on their magic list of websites they chose to not honour...
Yeah just realized it's one of those "voucher" websites that won't confirm a room immediately.... sigh...
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by lawyertalk
Considering they approve a claim before getting your personal information to officially make the reservation, I can't imagine that would be the case.
FYI - I just tried a BRG with a rate on kayak that was lower than the HDR. It was approved before getting my personal information. When the agent asked for my gold passport number, she located my account and found an elite rate that was 20 cents less than the kayak rate and said she couldn't approve the claim.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by lasiked
FYI - I just tried a BRG with a rate on kayak that was lower than the HDR. It was approved before getting my personal information. When the agent asked for my gold passport number, she located my account and found an elite rate that was 20 cents less than the kayak rate and said she couldn't approve the claim.
That is disgraceful.

In the same way that Hyatt denies BRGs for competing sites that require membership, thereby meaning they are not "publicly available", the same applies to the My Elite rate.

If that is the norm then I will be seriously disappointed.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lasiked
Did you try calling again? I wonder if this written amongst all or just one CSR afraid to get caught doing such.

I would also insist that it's not "publicly accessed" as well.

Sad (but what Hyatt wants!!), but I have given up on BRG claims with Hyatt. That 10 minute hold to "assess the claim" is to find which excuse will be used.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by danger
That is disgraceful.

Why is it disgraceful? I'm no Hyatt apologist and love BRG claims as much as the next guy, but if the member is able to book a rate with Hyatt that is the same or lower than the 3rd party rate - and therefore the BRG claim is denied - that is hardly a disgrace.

Disgraceful is Hyatt's coming up with any excuse to deny the third party rate qualifies at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.