Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
I gotta be one of the luckiest man in the world. my claim got approved by Miss Shelly B. Unbelievable!!!

Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
Dates: 1 night in September
Room Type: King room with Breakfast for 2 adults
Rates: 4637.89 THB
Competing website: Amoma.com

Finally she've done good job this time.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 5:37 pm

Another claim was approved by another agent.

Hyatt Regency Hua Hin
Dates: 3 nights in August
Room Type: Standard for 2 adults
Rates: 3712.27 THB per night before taxes
Competing website: Agoda.com
Old Jun 26, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
The agent named above also recently approved a brg for me. Within 30 minutes, same agent rejected a brg for same property at same terms for a few days following first reservation. I called the diamond line. The diamond agent m
ade everything correct. I'm genuinely pleased with Hyatt brg service overall.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:38 pm

Got approved for BRG for Hyatt Regency Tokyo, price for twin room on Hyatt website $211, price on hotelwiz.com $171, final price $131.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Another approval... used priceline.com for the Grand Hyatt Berlin in late July. Hyatt rate 199 euros, final price 114...
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Made the exact BRG claim 2x in a row at Grand Hyatt Erawan in Bangkok because I hit submit , saw i left off my GPP#, and re-added . The first claim was honored and the 2nd claim was rejected. I at consistency.

Is this normal? For what it's worth, both of my BRG claims through the GCC in Omaha have been approved, and both of my denied claims have come through Marion.

Would agents at these different locations go through the same training?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Another approval, used bookit.com for Hyatt Regency Maui. Hyatt rate $382, bookit.com rate $317, final rate $254
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:56 pm

Got denied for a BRG for prestigia.com (which is listed as approved in the wiki). Rationale given was "After researching, I was unable to validate your claim based on Prestigia.com not being immediately bookable."

Very annoying, considering on the booking page on prestigia, it very clearly says "Immediate confirmation of your reservation" and "your booking will be validated immediately after your payment."

I miss the old BRG way, where you could actually intervene when an agent was going off-script and missing obvious details.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:16 pm

Another approval

Park Hyatt Istanbul - Macka Palas
Dates: 6 nights in October
Room Type: Park King with breakfast for 1 guest
Rates: 258.52 EUR per night + taxes
Competing website: Amoma.com
Old Jul 5, 2015, 11:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nittany987
Got denied for a BRG for prestigia.com (which is listed as approved in the wiki). Rationale given was "After researching, I was unable to validate your claim based on Prestigia.com not being immediately bookable."

Very annoying, considering on the booking page on prestigia, it very clearly says "Immediate confirmation of your reservation" and "your booking will be validated immediately after your payment."

I miss the old BRG way, where you could actually intervene when an agent was going off-script and missing obvious details.
prestigia.com definitely works. I had two successful BRGs against this site.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
+1 I added it to the wiki because I also have had one or two successes with it.

It's probably worth trying again if the rate is still there.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:35 pm

I sent in a few BRG in the past week with mixed success. It was great to find the wiki because when I use the YES sites, the claim usually gets approved. My recent BRG claims sent from Booking.com, Amoma.com got approved but Hoteltravel and Easytobook got rejected because of the "membership" issue.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:56 pm

Hyatt Regency O'Hare

Oct 4-5: Standard Room w/ Full Cancellation up to 24h prior

Hoteltravel.com - Hyatt Regency O'Hare - $97.55 + tax
Hyatt.com = $209.00 + tax

BRG Claim denied because agent "could not validate my submission" through their research process...

Included pdf attachments of the landing page with the lower rate and the cancellation policy with the original BRG claim.

Replied back to them a direct link to the landing page and told them I would be happy to assist them with their "research process"

Unfortunately I still doubt they are going to honor the BRG claim.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by WrldTravlr
Unfortunately I still doubt they are going to honor the BRG claim.
You shouldn't doubt the process, but in your case the answer will probably be negative anyway.

Many times the agents can't find the lower rate and/or can't open the attached screenshot. Usually the customer will get an email similar to the one you got, essentially asking him to send the screenshot again (recommended formats: JPEG or PDF. I usually send both). In my experience if the screenshot shows all the necessary information it will be accepted, even if the lower rate can no longer be found on the OTA. Just yesterday I had a case like this after I found a ~108$ rate on Getaroom.com for a HR hotel that offered a HDR of ~250$.

That being said, you claimed against a rate from HotelTravel.com which is not an acceptable OTA by Hyatt's standards "because Hoteltravel.com automatically enrolls users into a membership in order to book reservations" (copied from a reply I once got to a claim).
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by nittany987

Originally Posted by seawolf
Originally Posted by craigthemif
+1 I added it to the wiki because I also have had one or two successes with it.

It's probably worth trying again if the rate is still there.
Yep - ended up resubmitting and clearly stating the confirmation policies etc in the request.

Grand Hyatt New York
Dates: Late July
Room Type: King Room
Rates: 189 USD per night + taxes
Competing website: Prestigia.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.