Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by m0hamed

requested a Club Deluxe with a fireplace.
I arrived earlier in the day, they had trouble with mine too, but all ended well, moving over to the GH today, it's MEL and they love their football.

Last edited by peteropny; Sep 21, 2010 at 5:56 am Reason: fix quote
Old Sep 20, 2010, 5:35 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Yes, I think it was a very junior front desk agent.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 2:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I've booked a stay at the PH Melbourne next week, and have applied a diamond upgrade cert.

They've assigned me a Park King Suite, which is 55sqm. I have been reading through this thread and it seems like the normal diamond upgrade here (without cert) is the Club Deluxe King (60sqm).

I've also read in the upgrade experience thread that someone got upgraded to a Terrace Suite.

I'm wondering whether it is worthwhile using the upgrade cert here. I have four that will expire at the end of the month, so it's not really a case of saving them for a better opportunity, but is there anything special about the suite that would justify using the cert?

Thanks for your thoughts,

fraserm
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
I use this hotel a lot and always spoilt. During peak periods we groan and grumble because we don't get the "upgrades" we are used to, so don't take a lot of notice. February will be perfect, the suite assigned to you is delightful, it has a log fire, not that you will use it as we are experiencing 30+ heat at the moment. Breakfast down stairs is one of the best around, I feel confident to say, you will be happy here using the upgrade, but like you it has reached the period of use them or lose them, and the PH is one of the nicest around.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 5:03 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I have been upgraded to the suite automatically a number of times, but I am a regular guest. To be honest, the rooms are almost exactly the same, the difference being that teh suite had a door between the living and the bedroom. The suites are in the Cathedral wing which has beautiful views of the Church.

Frankly if you have another stay where you can apply the certificate, I would cancel the upgrade. You will be automatically upgraded to a Club King which is the same size. Some have fireplaces, and the club doesn't serve breakfast so you get to have a full breakfast in Radii.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
I have been upgraded to the suite automatically a number of times, but I am a regular guest. To be honest, the rooms are almost exactly the same, the difference being that teh suite had a door between the living and the bedroom. The suites are in the Cathedral wing which has beautiful views of the Church.

Frankly if you have another stay where you can apply the certificate, I would cancel the upgrade. You will be automatically upgraded to a Club King which is the same size. Some have fireplaces, and the club doesn't serve breakfast so you get to have a full breakfast in Radii.

+1, Diamond auto-upgrades are typically to club deluxe, although twice I've landed the Ambassador Suite - very nice, comes with a map and silva compass so you don't get lost.

Fantastic hotel (thanks again, m0hamed).
Old Feb 9, 2011, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Max guests per room

What is the max guests per room for an award; I tried 2/2 but it shows > The number of adults and/or children you have selected exceeds the maximum allowed per room.

I got this statement for awards and revenue searches. I find it hard to believe two adults/two kids can not travel together in one room in this property

on another note, I take it this is the preferred property over the grand hyatt Melbourne
Old Feb 9, 2011, 4:40 pm

According to http://melbourne.park.hyatt.com/hyat...escription.jsp the maximum occupancy is 2 or 3 depending on the room type.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 4:17 am

According to http://melbourne.park.hyatt.com/hyat...escription.jsp the maximum occupancy is 2 or 3 depending on the room type.
thanks

well thats one way to lose business

whats funny is its a max of "3" in the presedential suite too which makes no sense
Old Feb 10, 2011, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
thanks

well thats one way to lose business

whats funny is its a max of "3" in the presedential suite too which makes no sense
I think you'll find Australia has quite strict fire regulations which relate to occupancy. I did, however, notice some of the larger rooms has 2 and not 3. Starwood is generally the same.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 9:02 am

I think you'll find Australia has quite strict fire regulations which relate to occupancy. I did, however, notice some of the larger rooms has 2 and not 3. Starwood is generally the same.
why does starwood only ask for # of "adults" vs adults & kids? it shouldn't matter if its a fire code thing
Old Feb 10, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
What is the max guests per room for an award; I tried 2/2 but it shows > The number of adults and/or children you have selected exceeds the maximum allowed per room.

I got this statement for awards and revenue searches. I find it hard to believe two adults/two kids can not travel together in one room in this property

on another note, I take it this is the preferred property over the grand hyatt Melbourne
I Haven't stayed at the PH but I do stay at the other Melbourne Hyatt frequently. IMHO I think it is more centrally located than the PH and the service and staff are great.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 4:24 pm

why does starwood only ask for # of "adults" vs adults & kids? it shouldn't matter if its a fire code thing
Why not contact the property via email and ask? Perhaps they just want to charge for any additions.

Of course, the other option is to just book for 2, and check in with one child while your partner and other child wait in the foyer.

The PH is by far superior to the GH for the Diamond auto upgrades to the Club Deluxe. The lounge offerings at the GH are superior, but the Club rooms at the GH are at least half the size of the PH Club Deluxe rooms.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 6:08 pm

Why not contact the property via email and ask? Perhaps they just want to charge for any additions.

Of course, the other option is to just book for 2, and check in with one child while your partner and other child wait in the foyer.

The PH is by far superior to the GH for the Diamond auto upgrades to the Club Deluxe. The lounge offerings at the GH are superior, but the Club rooms at the GH are at least half the size of the PH Club Deluxe rooms.
that check in method would be my normal M/O in a typical situation as this but after reading about some of the lounge dragons who triple check that one is a registered guest, I wanted to be on the up and up on my registered guests so there would not be any issue of getting into the lounge
Old Feb 10, 2011, 7:08 pm

From all of my experiences, I have only ever been asked a room number. There is only one lounge dragon for evening drinks and canapes. I thought she was very mean, but on my 2nd or 3rd stay she remembered me and has been awfully nice to me ever since. At the PH the breakfast is served in Raddii restaurant so that rules out any additional guests than what's registered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.