Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place, Fremont, CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place, Fremont, CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Beware - this location is currently going through renovations and construction continues through mid-January. There was no notice posted at reservation or emailed. Noises heard in the daytime hours.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 4:04 pm

Alternative: HR Santa Clara is $71 on AAA rate with excellent breakfast through much of the holiday season and beyond. About 10 miles South.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by PokerHammy
Beware - this location is currently going through renovations and construction continues through mid-January. There was no notice posted at reservation or emailed. Noises heard in the daytime hours.
You probably would have said if they told you their objectives? (Hoping that there might be a nugget about some innovation that they have in mind for others of the genre...)
Old Dec 23, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
The last two times I have stayed there was a letter inside the room from the GM saying that they are renovating the bathrooms. I never heard any noise or was bothered. I think they are suppose to be done by mid January.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you, Jeeves. Guess one takeaway could be that changing out the HVAC concept isn't in the cards this round. One could wish...
Old Dec 25, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Alternative: HR Santa Clara is $71 on AAA rate with excellent breakfast through much of the holiday season and beyond. About 10 miles South.
For Diamonds, closed Club on most weekends, too, for 2500 GP points.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by PokerHammy
Are they replacing those ridiculous HVAC units?

-David
Old Sep 19, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Precisely why I dont like staying at hyatt places.

I kept wondering why the desk was wobbling and it kept
hitting into the wall...

The front door to this room also didnt work well (wouldnt
close because it was about 1cm off) - wouldnt close and
the sliding lock was completely mangled because it was
woefully out of alignment.

Brilliant.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K,Hyatt Diamond,AA Lifetime Platinum,SPG
Thanks for sharing. While I think Hyatt Place's office desk is pretty convenient for me and I am comfortable with Hyatt Place every time when I stay there.

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Precisely why I dont like staying at hyatt places.

I kept wondering why the desk was wobbling and it kept
hitting into the wall...

The front door to this room also didnt work well (wouldnt
close because it was about 1cm off) - wouldnt close and
the sliding lock was completely mangled because it was
woefully out of alignment.

Brilliant.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm here right now ($89 and I need the stay).

They gave me a freeway-view room. Fair bit of traffic noise. Also lots of door slamming in the hallway.

Slowest wifi I've had all year at a Hyatt - 2.08 down, 1.43 down. It's just like Hilton!

On the plus side, the TV is big.
Old May 18, 2016, 12:19 pm

I can't believe I'm staying here again .. it's been a while.

The hotel still has the same thin walls, poorly located outlets near the couch area and desk, but all the furnishings are new and it seems like they did replace those hvac units at some point. the one in my room is fairly quiet. The thermostat is still near the entry door, which is pretty far from the hvac units, making the temp hard to manage/maintain.

The breakfast was also a little bit better than the last time I stayed here, which was quite some time ago.

Midweek rates are very high these days for this property .. with pretty much everything in Santa Clara/San Jose selling out midweek, I'm not surprised.

On the positive side, the lobby and the rooms have a much nicer look and feel now.

-David
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:58 pm

Can't believe I stayed here last night again. Room had a weird odor, AC blows directly on the bed, shower has been upgraded. Same big LG TV. Same poorly located outlets in the living room (not) near the couch.

Coupon for a beverage given at c/i. Since HP apparently doesn't provide water, I took a bottled water.

I must really want to requal. ugh. Rate was around 200++. Took an hour to drive to the office in Santa Clara in the morning.

I'm a glutten for punishment, and I should be living glutten free

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Sep 20, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Can't believe I stayed here last night again. Room had a weird odor, AC blows directly on the bed, shower has been upgraded. Same big LG TV. Same poorly located outlets in the living room (not) near the couch.

Coupon for a beverage given at c/i. Since HP apparently doesn't provide water, I took a bottled water.

I must really want to requal. ugh. Rate was around 200++. Took an hour to drive to the office in Santa Clara in the morning.

I'm a glutten for punishment, and I should be living glutten free

-David
Two of us. One of my clients is in Santa Clara too. I do most of my nights with Hilton, closer, but sometimes GP beckons and I promptly regret.

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Sep 21, 2016 at 5:54 am
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Two of us. One of my clients is in Santa Clara too. I do most of my nights with Hilton, closer, but sometimes GP beckons and I promptly regret.
I'd almost rather sleep in a car by the RV guy who always stays on Agnew Rd than to stay at the Fremont. This place is so tired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.