Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place, Fremont, CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place, Fremont, CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:27 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Mr. Racer, you could have continued on the existing thread for this hotel. As Tummy mentioned, this is not a real Hyatt. As you know, this is a conversion property that pretty much sucked as AS and was forced to become HP. Same Indian ownership/management. I'm sure you are not the only guy staying here to take advantage of the super promo/bonus offers.

Weekend partying is part of the price of admission at some hotels. Do what you want, but don't kid yourself into thinking you've been staying at a Hyatt while collecting 12 stay credits and 15,000 bonus points. Be happy....and take the stairs.

My biggest ..... with this hotel is the sealed windows and the lousy air inside the place. Santa Clara Hyatt (without 2500 bonus points) has been much more satisfying.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Weekends at some hotels are party central.

I walked into a Hilton for a mattress run and the hotel was overrun with teenagers for some sort of a group meeting/activity.

I've also walked into an Embassy Suites full of pre-teens. Seems these hotels are offered for birthday parties on the weekends.

At a doubletree a wedding party took over the hotel and we were actually spending the night . Needless to say, we got a full refund.

Humm... I just noticed that the bulk of my problems are at Hiltons

I can tell you that when I check into a SS, I have to sign a paper with the house rules, and that includes NOT having a party.

I would never expect the same treatment at a HP as at a regular Hyatt. I've seen one that can best be described as a dump.

But they're good for mattress runs

Sorry you had such a poor experience.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 2:23 pm

Programs: Gold or Diamond everywhere. All done the easy way.
Originally Posted by hedoman
Same Indian ownership/management.
What does the ethnicity of the management have to do with the problems at this property?
Old Jan 20, 2008, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
I was almost scared away by the posts in this forum but stayed there two nights last week and was really quite impressed. Yes, there is still quite a bit of construction but the room, TV, work space and bathroom were all nice. It is the first time I have stayed in a hotel that actually had HDTV service to their HDTV!

I will go back.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 9:24 am

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
Stayed here last night - construction finished. Quiet night. Breakfast still going on in meeting room as they have yet to get the new breakfast area finished off. Coffee bar, wine and order on demand food not yet available.

Hyatt has gone through the same process in converting all the Amerisuites. Low proces during conversion, up to normal levels after all major construction done. I'm happy with the design and amenities offered.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:46 pm

I stayed here once back in 2004 when it was an Amerisuites, as my company HQ is a mile or so away. I lasted exactly 2 nights before the filth, the loud (Dare I say trashy???) people, and the overall Quality Inn-esque service got to me and I checked out. It's nice to see that it hasn't changed.

While I didn't get to see the vomitting in the elevator scene, I noticed several stains in the hallway that looked suspiciously like the ghosts of parties past.

As other folks have noted, the CY down the street is far nicer and is populated mainly with business travellers.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 8:29 pm

Programs: RVT 1K
Originally Posted by hedoman
Mr. Racer, you could have continued on the existing thread for this hotel. As Tummy mentioned, this is not a real Hyatt. As you know, this is a conversion property that pretty much sucked as AS and was forced to become HP. Same Indian ownership/management. I'm sure you are not the only guy staying here to take advantage of the super promo/bonus offers.

Weekend partying is part of the price of admission at some hotels. Do what you want, but don't kid yourself into thinking you've been staying at a Hyatt while collecting 12 stay credits and 15,000 bonus points. Be happy....and take the stairs.

Sorry for not replying to this sooner, and sorry for creating another thread, looks like a mod merged it..thanks!

Hedoman, I am not sure where you got those numbers, I stayed at this place twice in January not six times and I am not staying here solely to get points or stay credit...if I really wanted to do that I would just go to the one in Rancho Cordova which is just over an hour from where I live compared to over 3 hours to Fremont.

I can party with the best of em...I did graduate from Chico State after all...I guess my rant was that the place has some nice things and wants to be nice but I think there are very trashy people staying there quite often...oh well.

I am not sure what the ethnicity of the owners has to do with anything.

Maybe I expected too much from this place...or HP's in general...thanks everyone for your input!!
Old Jan 24, 2008, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Thanks for the great post (though sorry that you had to suffer through it).

I think it belongs on a new thread, though in the future it would be helpful if you could be more descriptive, viz "Bad experience at Hyatt Fremont" rather than a generic heading.

Yes, some hotels do turn into party central, but management still has an obligation to the other guests. Particularly places with the Hyatt name on the door (does not matter if it is HP), as opposed to Days Inn, Econolodge, etc.

This hotel seemed like a good place for an FFN mattress run, but apparently not a good place to actually stay.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
Short trip report

Spent the night there this week. Here are a few bulleted points:
  • The hotel is right next to the freeway, but it's a pain to figure out how to get there!
  • Construction is finished. ^
  • No liquor (wine/beer) license yet.
  • Twin-bedded rooms are larger than king bedded rooms.
  • In-wall air conditioning is virtually on top of the bed. I can't imagine how noisy this will be if you need to use it. Bring ear plugs!
  • You want to be on the top floor facing west (decent view).
  • Bathrooms are tiny, but mine, at least, was clean.
  • Nicely re-done lobby and rooms. 42" TV has real HD channels, lots of inputs.
  • Free and strong WI-FI.
  • Fitness room doesn't seem to have air conditioning. Has two treadmills, one elliptical machine, and one sit-down bike.
  • Excellent health club right next door, with large outdoor pool and tennis courts. $10 charge for HP use.
  • The hotel was nearly full, but quiet (remember, though, this was mid-week).
  • No diamond amenities.
  • Full breakfast available for a cost; diamonds (and everyone else) get the cold stuff.
  • Mixed staff friendliness, but the lady who checked me in was very friendly. Others seemed a bit surly, but then there really isn't much staff help needed.

Last edited by SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime; Mar 10, 2008 at 10:55 am
Old Mar 7, 2008, 9:27 pm

I checked a couple of weekends, and rates are back down to US$71. Still, I coughed up the extra fifty for the Santa Clara HR...and I'm a cheapskate.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:54 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
For an extra $50, we both agree you're getting good value as a diamond.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 11:57 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
I think I'll be checking this place out in a couple of weeks...I just got on the promo for free Hyatt Platinum for 90 days for new members, and I figure I can shell out the $59 (there's a $20 coupon for Expedia...) to spend one night here to maintain that platinum till 02/2009. I'll post back to update y'all on the property.

I'm a local so I'll just be driving to Fremont for the night...

Edit to add- the $59 is extra worthwhile because after with the free platinum status promo, one stay qualifies me for a free year with Fly Clear -- something I've been meaning to sign up for as well.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:42 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by brosnan6
I think I'll be checking this place out in a couple of weeks...I just got on the promo for free Hyatt Platinum for 90 days for new members, and I figure I can shell out the $59 (there's a $20 coupon for Expedia...) to spend one night here to maintain that platinum till 02/2009. I'll post back to update y'all on the property.

I'm a local so I'll just be driving to Fremont for the night...

Edit to add- the $59 is extra worthwhile because after with the free platinum status promo, one stay qualifies me for a free year with Fly Clear -- something I've been meaning to sign up for as well.
Unfortunately, Expedia bookings at Hyatt are treated as non-eligible. Went throught his with GP a couple years ago and their response was that Expedia is treated like PL.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:57 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by rbAA
Unfortunately, Expedia bookings at Hyatt are treated as non-eligible. Went throught his with GP a couple years ago and their response was that Expedia is treated like PL.
Damn! Too late now I guess; it's a non refundable reservation IIRC. However, I did call and get my GP # added after the fact (Expedia didn't have a place to put it in, presumably b/c of what you said above), and they didn't say anything, and the reservation shows up in my account on Hyatt.com. I guess we'll see what ends up happening. Worst comes to worst I spend a night in a hotel and bring a bottle of scotch
Old Sep 3, 2008, 10:37 am

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
An update on this property.

I stayed here last night (and will do so 5 more times in the next few weeks!)

It's a pretty comfortable place. The location is off of 880, making it a bit noisy at times, but the amenties and staff are certainly passable, though not luxurious. I ordered dinner through the kiosks in the kitchen area and it was made promptly. When the soup that I ordered wasn't available, the staff person came out, apologized and offered a free soup choice. The food most certainly wasn't gourmet, but it was comparable to a decent deli, which is more than enough for a late evening snack.

The room was just as it was described on the website. Small, but functional bathroom. Very large 42" LCD TV's on a swivel, with working wifi and the room at a perfect temperature. Check-in/out at the kiosk was a breeze. One downside was a bit of noise from outside. Sounded like a train or something. I'm a notoriously deep sleeper, so it may be a more significant issue for lighter sleepers.

Access-wise, I took the Hyatt Place shuttle to BART this am. It's a short, ~15minute ride to Fremont and a ~50 min train ride into San Francisco, the driver was courteous and most importantly, on-time. All in all, HP Fremont certainly met my tempered expectations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.