Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place, Fremont, CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place, Fremont, CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Stayed here January 2010. Didn't notice any of the noise issues. Staff was friendly and did a great job with check-in and breakfast, even when the place was full of pre-teen soccer players.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 1:55 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Haha, you saw the noise, but didn't hear it!
Old Jan 29, 2011, 1:43 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Not sure if this is new with all Hyatt Place hotels or just this one, but checked in last night and was told as a diamond would receive a double amenity - the points and a cert that had three options - a free beverage (including alcoholic drinks), one I can't recall, or 50-percent off the total of a food and beverage.

I didn't really look at it until this morning and so went down to use it for more than is offered in the mini-buffet breakfast. I ordered cinnamon French toast and wasn't charged for them with the coupon. Granted, they would have only been $6.50, but it was a nice little extra perk.

Downside ...a rather chilly shower this am due to no hot water. Don't know if this was hotel-wide or limited to my room.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
At one time they were offering "cheapish" gizmos as the additional amenity but later thankfully switched to the F&B options.

You're right about the hot water. I had to crank the hot water to full opening in order to get warm water for shower. The staff is aware of the problem but it seems they have some kind of structural problem because they can't seem to solve it.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by l'etoile
Not sure if this is new with all Hyatt Place hotels or just this one, but checked in last night and was told as a diamond would receive a double amenity - the points and a cert that had three options - a free beverage (including alcoholic drinks), one I can't recall, or 50-percent off the total of a food and beverage.

I didn't really look at it until this morning and so went down to use it for more than is offered in the mini-buffet breakfast. I ordered cinnamon French toast and wasn't charged for them with the coupon. Granted, they would have only been $6.50, but it was a nice little extra perk.

Downside ...a rather chilly shower this am due to no hot water. Don't know if this was hotel-wide or limited to my room.
This seems to be pretty standard at this hotel. I've only been there once and received the same amenity. On the other hand, at HP Dublin, you only get the standard amenity of points OR F&B amenity.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *G, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bp888
At one time they were offering "cheapish" gizmos as the additional amenity but later thankfully switched to the F&B options.

You're right about the hot water. I had to crank the hot water to full opening in order to get warm water for shower. The staff is aware of the problem but it seems they have some kind of structural problem because they can't seem to solve it.

I always took the "gizmo" whenever I was there. I have 3 Hyatt Place travel/desk clocks and 1 Hyatt Place glass. It's also definitely specific to this property as I haven't seen a double welcome amenity elsewhere.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by aerospace
I always took the "gizmo" whenever I was there. I have 3 Hyatt Place travel/desk clocks and 1 Hyatt Place glass. It's also definitely specific to this property as I haven't seen a double welcome amenity elsewhere.
I got a lame mousepad. Didn't go for the gizmo after that.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by maize&blue
I got a lame mousepad. Didn't go for the gizmo after that.
I checked in last Friday and the choices were a 4 port USB Hub or a flashlight. Went with the USB hub.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:08 pm

I remember getting the Additional Amenity Certificate as a Platinum. I used to always use the kiosk as a platinum since there was no published welcome amenity, but had to check n at the front desk one time for whatever reason. Imagine to my surprise when I was presented with a welcome amenity. Now I always check in at the front desk.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:46 pm

I love this hotel... But I do find it a bit cheesy that a Hyatt Place, where the rooms are all essentially the same, has started trying to peddle NOR1 e-upgrades (for a higher room or one of the slightly larger rooms or a room not facing the freeway).

Last edited by LawFly; Mar 1, 2011 at 12:42 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 28, 2011, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I noticed that many Hyatt Places have this problem when operating close to full capacity - I experienced it in Fremont, Salt Lake City, Charlotte and I think a couple other places. Very annoying and particularly noticeable in the morning around 8-9 am... Brrrrr - hate cold showers...
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:32 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Not sure if this is new with all Hyatt Place hotels or just this one, but checked in last night and was told as a diamond would receive a double amenity...

1) Never received this offer in several stays here or any HP.

2) This has been the case whenever I've been given a room at the end of the hall. Or the water temperature varies. But I can't remember at which HPs this was. This and ones in the northern Virginia area, I believe. They're beginning to run together... Anyway, I wonder if it has to do with the fact that these are renovated older properties, and the plumbing may not have been renewed. In many cases, the tub/shower and brightware hasn't been.
Old May 1, 2011, 8:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
They offered the certificate last night when I checked in (free non-alcoholic beverage or 50% off a single food and beverage purchase). I used it for a cheese omelette this morning.

Must still be having water problems. They had a stack of flyers on the counter that the hotel would be without water for a few hours in the middle of the day either Monday or Tuesday (can't recall which day it was).

Nice to run into RetirementDreams and Magic111 there.

I booked 2 hours before arrival and got the last king room (1st floor in this case but it worked out OK as it was at the very end of the hall). On check-out agent told me the manager had to process my Costco gift check so left that behind, along with the 50% discount coupon used at breakfast, for them to sort out.

They also had a vat of oatmeal out. Is that new?
Old May 2, 2011, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by tom911
lol. no comment.

-David
Old May 2, 2011, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by tom911

did you miss the "new breakfast" thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.