Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place, Fremont, CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place, Fremont, CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2008, 2:06 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by rbAA
Unfortunately, Expedia bookings at Hyatt are treated as non-eligible. Went throught his with GP a couple years ago and their response was that Expedia is treated like PL.
Just thought I'd update...it took a long time but eventually points posted and I have status through Feb 09. I didn't have to call and ask/beg for the points and status to post, they just happened. A very pleasant surprise indeed
Old Sep 5, 2008, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
Wish I would have seen this before my stay earlier this week. Coming from the south off 880, this is very difficult to find late at night. I tried calling the hotel for better directions, and could only get automated responses, no live person. Then after traveling all day from the east coast. I was ready to relax with with a glass of wine upon arrival, only to find out that they don't have a wine & beer license "yet", despite advertising availability on the hotel website.

Never again.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 9:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Not As Bad As I Feared

Decided at the last minute to book a room here on Saturday night, partly for the FFN aspect and partly as a refuge from MrSteph58's monthly poker party at our house. I figured that if after I checked in it was as bad as described in earlier posts, I could always go home.

Coming from I-680 & Mission I was able to find it fairly easily, but only b/c I had directions. Parking lot, to my surprise, was about 2/3 full. Check-in was pleasant--I was asked what floor I'd prefer, but I had no preference since I've never stayed here. She gave me a quick tour of the lobby & overview of the amenities. Nice touch. Lobby is very attractive.

My room was very nice, similar to other Hyatt Places I have stayed. View of the Club Sport (west) on the 4th floor. Everything was immaculate. Loved the mattress and pillows, very comfy for me. Considered watching a movie on that big, flat screen TV. Wet bar with small frig and sink could come in handy. All the space in the room plus sofa is nice, especially if there were 2 or more people. Brought the laptop and enjoyed the free wireless (recently was charged $15 for this both at Westin & Hyatt).

Clientele seemed to be fine. No parties with out-of-control young kids (or adults) evident. I've experienced some very annoying middle-of-the-night, fighting neigbors at much higher-end places. Breakfast room wasn't quite as crowded as other places, although for obvious reasons lots of families do stay at these types of (free breakfast) hotels.

It amazes me the many different hats the front desk clerks have to wear at Hyatt Places--kitchen cook, coffee/wine bar attendant, clear tables, shuttle driver, run upstairs to deliver housekeeping items, concierge, bellman. But they all did a great job here, very cheerfully I should add.

The negatives: The location is very difficult to access due to all the freeway construction & rerouting. No restaurants nearby, it's in an industrial/office complex area. Drive about 4 miles south on I-880 to Calaveras/237 and that's where you'll find lots of places to eat, as well as stores. They do have a kitchen at HP that's open until 10 p.m.; also some wrapped sandwiches & salads in a deli case. Prices seemed a little steep considering. Didn't try the food here, but at a HP near Boston the food was surprisingly tasty (could have been b/c it was the only thing available at that time of night). Continental breakfast is probably the least appealing of any similar properties (Summerfield, Residence Inn, Hampton, Homewood, etc.), very minimal. You can pay extra for eggs or waffles. Set-up of the breakfast area (as at all HP's) is really poor if there are more than a couple of people trying to help themselves to the food. Finally, my pet peeve as with all HP's (and the reason I'll choose something else if it's a comparable price), the bathroom configuration in just doesn't work if there are 2 or more people in the room.

But bottomline, for the weekend price of $71 (and $60+ in November), I doubt you can find a better deal. I would defintely stay here again and would definitely recommend it.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA AA HGP SPG HH
I had also put in some stays at this place.

It took me a while to figure out that for the premium national channels, it's from East Coast feed. So add 3 hours to the time schedule when browsing the program schedule. Hopefully this is helpful to others.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Stayed last Sat. and may stay again tomorrow.

No microwaves in the rooms.

Freeway access is easier coming from the north. Freeway access will be easier when the road construction is complete.

They didn't have a map of the area.

Most of the noise of doors closing comes from the doorway, I think.

My Do Not Disturb sign was also missing in the morning.

Internet wi-fi worked well, though it was a tad slow.

I like the price on the weekends! The only cheaper Hyatt I've stayed at is the HR JB in Malaysia!

There were some other low-lifes I saw, other than me.

Staff was helpful, when they weren't on the internet.

Didn't have any breakfast.

My points posted quickly, but it didn't show as a Mastercard stay, so I had to call the Diamond Desk.

Did not see anyone's lingering DNA.

Last edited by kevino; Nov 28, 2008 at 6:01 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 30, 2008, 5:53 am

Programs: DL PM MM, HH Dia, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz PC
Ants?

Am new to FT; just beginning to find threads relevant to my past stays. I stayed at this property in Feb08...mid-week (business stay)...didn't see the partying that the OP saw. But what I did experience, that no one else has posted about, was a terrible case of ants. I dropped my luggage in room, went to grab some dinner, came back, a line of ants going right into my suitcase (and no, no food or food remnants found). I cleared the ants from my suitcase, went back to lobby, attendant said hotel was booked and could not move me to another room. I couldn't get another room at the SC HR or any nearby Hilton property, so they had someone in maintaince spray the room (oh, with the smell, that sucked all night)... won't stay there again.

Anyone else experience an ant problem there?
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:30 am

Programs: UA AA HGP SPG HH
Originally Posted by pmcary

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I am in this property right now. Since the beginning of current round of FFN promotion, I had stayed here for over a dozen times. No ants, yet. Hopefully they had stepped up their pest control since your stay.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:36 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Does the Fremont HP still have a shuttle to/from Fremont BART?
Old Dec 11, 2008, 12:32 pm
YYC

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by pmcary
Am new to FT; just beginning to find threads relevant to my past stays. I stayed at this property in Feb08...mid-week (business stay)...didn't see the partying that the OP saw. But what I did experience, that no one else has posted about, was a terrible case of ants. I dropped my luggage in room, went to grab some dinner, came back, a line of ants going right into my suitcase (and no, no food or food remnants found). I cleared the ants from my suitcase, went back to lobby, attendant said hotel was booked and could not move me to another room. I couldn't get another room at the SC HR or any nearby Hilton property, so they had someone in maintaince spray the room (oh, with the smell, that sucked all night)... won't stay there again.

Stayed one night at this property for the first time (well, the first time for Hyatt Place), solely for FFN promotion.

It was actually ok, much better than I prepared for. I didn't have any bad experience as other FTers had. The room has enough space and was generally clean and tidy. The 42'' HD LCD TV with HD content was a plus. It was pretty quiet, no party or else, it could be just being in mid-week. The bathroom is a little small and the tub was not clean enough.

Overall it offers a good value given its price. Will go back again tonight.

One question though, how long does it take to have the points posted? Usually other HRs post the stay and points the next day after checkout.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 2:14 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by YYC
One question though, how long does it take to have the points posted? Usually other HRs post the stay and points the next day after checkout.
HP stays usually post on Tuesday following checkout.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 2:59 pm
YYC

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by peteropny
HP stays usually post on Tuesday following checkout.
Thanks peteropny. So HP does the posting once a week? Then I have to wait until next week to see my FFN to be credited then.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 10:42 pm

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by aau
Does the Fremont HP still have a shuttle to/from Fremont BART?
Yes, reserve at the front desk.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Stayed here on Friday night on a $71 G1 weekend rate. Good news is that the freeway construction is completed along 880 (see: New freeway interchange opens in Fremont). You can access the hotel from 880, in either direction, via the Warren off ramp.

I came over from 680 onto Mission Blvd, and my GPS sent me onto the 880 connector and told me to make a right turn into a field (where there was previously a street). Ended up going down 880 two miles and coming back around and sorted it out after two loops. The hotel tells me they've notified Garmin about the roadway change but no updates yet. Don't know how frequently their mapping provider updates these things.

If you're coming down 680, and then onto Mission Blvd, the workaround is to make a left turn on Warm Springs at the traffic signals, before you get to the 880 overpass, and then a right turn onto Warren there, which will take you over 880 and land you directly in front of the hotel.

I had a sixth floor room with just a bit of traffic noise from the freeway. I did not turn on the fan or AC, but I'm sure that would have covered up the noise if I needed it to. No problem sleeping. The room was at the perfect temp when I arrived so I did not turn on the AC.

View of Warren overpass/880 from 6th floor and photo of hotel (rest linked below):

Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:17 pm

I'm planning staying here for the FFN. I wanted to check-in then go home. Is there anyway to check-out via the web or over the phone the next morning?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:10 am

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by imm2b
I'm planning staying here for the FFN. I wanted to check-in then go home. Is there anyway to check-out via the web or over the phone the next morning?
Yes. All you need to do is check-in and provide a CC for incidentals. In the am, they'll slip the invoice under your door. No need to check-out in person, nor pick-up the invoice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.